Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can't Cloak My Emotions, Can't Mask My Tears (Top Ten)

SoupNazi

It's already the next page, dunce!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea yea, I'll post it eventually. First I'll see if FSM shows up so we can test EU3, and I also need to play some Champions.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
8pJ3n.jpg

0MvVI.jpg

54K2M.jpg

avHj1.jpg

S7zlY.jpg

c8VGN.jpg

W3lht.jpg

Fb6Pb.jpg

t6o0R.jpg

PqCf0.jpg

ptaRK.jpg

m0is7.jpg

Gqcgt.jpg

Wpa3k.jpg

v7SRC.jpg

mdyKk.jpg

SgEji.jpg

0FuW1.jpg

hYG3j.jpg

l4i81.jpg

iXuc1.jpg

Mt57V.jpg

3AHKc.jpg

LpUqy.jpg

UDOpM.jpg

6MTSv.jpg

Ve4qc.jpg

XfON7.jpg

sR0xN.jpg

dE3q7.jpg

Grog

Educated
I think my favorite part might be playing spot the cameos. The artists really went nuts hiding fun little details to be found in the background of just about every panel. I think they recreated the Spiderman cover where Peter Parker ditches the suit in the garbage and is walking away hanging his head. I'm pretty sure I saw Dr. Who floating around in the hospital, and Asterix and Obelix, and the Wonder Twins. And there were tons more that I felt like I should have recognized, but couldn't place. Great stuff.

Archaeon

Scholar
Well, what are you waiting for then? Let us be served! Also, the part where Smax chose to stay with his sister killed it for me...

Archaeon

Scholar
Smax might have looked stupid, but the sister was BEYOND idiotic and childish, seemed as though she had the cognition of a 5 year old. They did NOT match, and marrying his own sister and having inbred children with her is NOT something Smax would have done. It seemed as though Moore forced this on the story rather than threading it in...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, was the whole twincest thing done for shock value? Very meh. The writing in that entire arc was rather poor, like Toybox' incredibly unconvincing 10-year old-like temper tantrum. Meh.

But these The 49ers comics were pretty great. Good strong arcs for each character, believable interactions, really well-fitting situations for this just-post-WWII-young-superhero-city scenario. Good stuff.

SoupNazi

Yeah, and at least in the 49ers Moore's perversions weren't so obviously tacked on.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Top Ten is my favourite Moore series... so far. Still have tons of his stuff to read.

Spotting the cameos gives people a reason to re-read the series, and it doesn't hurt that it's damn well written, too. Even the Smax mini.

Speaking of cameos, Dr. Strangelove can be seen in the hospital in the last issue.

I'd love to see the non-Moore Top Ten, as it's the only issues I haven't read.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom