Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's ironman Fire Emblem (Interlude)

:salute:

Grog

Educated
More please! I really wish I hadn't sold my old GBA carts. I have Shadow Dragon for DS, and it's pretty good, but this one is so much better. I can't wait to once again bask in the awesomeness of Hector. What a BRO!

Yeesh

Magister
aujjpl.jpg

PMfjj.png

Once, dragon fought man in a war called the Scouring... Mankind vanquished the dragons thanks to the efforts of eight heroes. These mighty generals brought peace to Elibe. The continent was divided into nations, and the people enjoyed an easy prosperity.

lc5vD.png

aSQ6o.png

UOW4d.png

MFe9U.png

pflU4.png

UmJKR.png

JFLon.png

Elibe has enjoyed a peace that spans 980 years... How much longer can this peace stand before its foundations begin to crumble?

dxhQj.png

for many generations, but which now finds itself touched by a shadow of unease. Its beloved and benevolent ruler, Lord Elbert, has mysteriously vanished... as have a number of his sworn men, loyal knights who serve at his side. A month has passed without word from the marquess. Rumors of his death abound. However, the marquess's son believes his father lives, and has vowed to find him.

LEmHY.png

A red-haired youth who will one day become the finest knight in all of Lycia. His long journey begins here.

LKD5r.png

nTjzx.png

Df7Bz.png

0Ipb9.png
I see. Thank you, Marcus.

7O0Cq.png

hPMuL.png

7y52y.png
Eliwood... Promise that you will return to me safely. I'm worried about your father, but... If anything were to happen to you... My heart could not bear that sorrow.

0Ipb9.png
I know, Mother. Please do not worry. Father is alive. I know it. I vow that I will find him and return him to your side.

7y52y.png
I have your word then.

0Ipb9.png
Yes, of course. Isadora, I entrust my mother to you in my absence.

UERqS.png

0Ipb9.png
Mother, I will return. Rest easy.

4Ayqv.png

xxwjL.png
Not so, milord. My man Lowen will be traveling with us.

0Ipb9.png
Lowen? That's reassuring.

xxwjL.png
I've sent him ahead to the village. He hopes to seek out a few able men who are skilled at arms. Normally, I wouldn't venture forth without a larger company, but... I bow to your will on this matter, Lord Eliwood.

0Ipb9.png
I'm sorry, Marcus, but I would rather not deprive my mother of even a single guard. The best knights in the realm disappeared with my father. If anything were to happen to my mother while I am gone, I...

xxwjL.png
I understand, milord. Hmph! What's keeping Lowen!?

fX8j0.png

GIaDb.png

f5Pzw.png
Well, your misfortune is my good luck! I have an announcement to make! As of now, this village is mine! Groznyi is your new liege! Now, bring every last piece of gold, dwon to the smallest fleck!

FrTNk.png

vXIsv.png

5vTqy.png

xxwjL.png
Lowen! Calm yourself! A knight must be in control at all times.

rcs71.png
The village is under attack! It's bandits!

xxwjL.png
What? Bandits? Here!?

0Ipb9.png
Are you sure, Lowen?

rcs71.png
This girl has more details.

rhP7q.png

fEeCA.png
I'm the daughter of the village magistrate. My name's Rebecca. The bandits came without warning. They're stealing everything! I beg you! Please help us!

0Ipb9.png
I see. Marcus! Lowen! We must aid the village!

rcs71.png
Yes, milord!

0Ipb9.png
Rebecca, stay here, and keep out of sight.

fEeCA.png
If it please you, milord, I would rather fight. I hunt almost every day, and I have some skill with a bow.

0Ipb9.png
Is that so? Very well, but be careful!

fEeCA.png
Yes, milord.

rcs71.png
Lord Eliwood, one more thing. There is another in the village who has offered to help. A traveling tactician who was staying at the inn.

0Ipb9.png
A tactician?

rcs71.png
Yes, milord. This is Kodexer.

zR3wF.png

:rpgcodex: The bandits have stolen all the ale from the inn, the bastards. Give me two men capable with a sword and I'll personally kill every single one of them for interrupting my drinking.

0Ipb9.png
Kodexer!

rcs71.png
Do you know this person, milord?

:rpgcodex: Do I know you?

0Ipb9.png
Yes. I met Kodexer during the trouble in Caelin last year.

:rpgcodex: Ah, I remember. You were that stuck-up noble who saved Ninian and stole Lyn's attentions away from me. Your kind makes me sick.

0Ipb9.png
A fantastic military advisor, if memory serves.

:rpgcodex: Maybe I was wrong in my first impressions of you. Books and covers and all that...

0Ipb9.png
If not for Kodexer, the marquess of Caelin and his granddaughter Lyn, might not have survived Lundgren's uprising.

:rpgcodex: ...scratch that. Might? Fuck you. They'd have been deader than the adventure games genre.

0Ipb9.png
What brings you to Pherae, my friend? Ha! Still traveling about, honing your skill?

:rpgcodex: The perfect RPG is out there. Somewhere. I must find it... whatever the cost.

0Ipb9.png
Of course... A worthy pursuit. Let's give thanks to providence for oue chance reunion. We have need of your aid. Please lend us your skill.

9zYSx.png

:rpgcodex: Time to earn my pay. I do get paid, don't I?

nMs5T.png

:rpgcodex: Eliwood here can only wield swords and has very average stats. If I could drop him - I would - but it looks like he'll be the main character for this campaign.

kFBGn.png

:rpgcodex: Like our bro Wallace, Marcus is an upgraded character, so while he's good - he just sucks up XP from other units.

4QDQ0.png

:rpgcodex: Right now Lowen is a standard Cavalier. I'll have to wait until he's levelled up a few times before I know what he'll be good at.

8xXNs.png

:rpgcodex: Same story with Rebecca. At least she gives us an extra body to throw into the fray.

8ZmGz.png

:rpgcodex: But only a bad tradesman blames his tools. The cliff covering our west flank, we take out this brigand. First Rebecca takes a shot at him, then Lowen hits him with a Javelin leaving him weak enough to be killed by Eliwood.

jhU40.png

6X6jx.png

HwtCN.png
It's just like that knight said! That's Lord Eliwood!

LIJYj.png
So it seems.

HwtCN.png
What's he doing? Hey, he's taking on those bandits. Protecting innocents? That's a right lordly thing to do, isn't it? Right, Dorcas?

LIJYj.png
You talk too much. The lordling needs our help.

HwtCN.png
Right! Leave these mountain weaklings to me! I'm Bartre the Brave!

KWsSA.png

:rpgcodex: Seems like Dorcas has got himself some new kit in our time apart.

MIjMI.png

finJH.png

:rpgcodex: A side-by-side comparison shows us that Bartre will become much stronger than Dorcas is currently.

7kAnu.png

:rpgcodex: We should easily be able to handle that archer and brigand - so let's check out the village.

Z2Fiw.png

wJYBd.png
We've heard nothing but foul rumours hereabouts... All of Pherae is woried for his well-being. We hear tell that Lord Eliwood is going to find the marquess. This dragon shield is our village treasure... It boosts the defenses of the one who uses it. Take it, please. And may it see you and Lord Elbert home safely.

r7NDm.png

:rpgcodex: :bro:

bDjCS.png

:rpgcodex: Our new pawn warrior gets to whet his axe in the blood of a defenseless archer.

sIkgU.png

:rpgcodex: It's been too long since I felt the thrill of battle.

r64QB.png

:rpgcodex: Still not feeling it now, to be honest. This is just a cull.

DiJGZ.png

:rpgcodex: The bandit is allowed to choose who his executioner will be.

peCFv.png

2c6SM.png

:rpgcodex: He chose poorly.

svCAA.png

VjwOM.png

:rpgcodex: We advance on the village that the bandits have taken.

5oCPi.png

:rpgcodex: Leaving no survivors in our wake.

0fEHj.png

usLCG.png

:rpgcodex: That's the first attack they have landed.

eq17d.png

:rpgcodex: Eliwood didn't like that.

yrwxG.png

Ahf4a.png

pP0G0.png

:rpgcodex: But that doesn't stop another bandit from charging in.

YU4wG.png

Ftk63.png

:rpgcodex: Eliwood finishes him off.

wqyLK.png

:rpgcodex: They try to drive us back - but it doesn't work.

xu1Cs.png

O9blZ.png

2Xjv7.png

fVcZt.png

IHNcR.png

:rpgcodex: Once I stepped into the ring, the end result was never in doubt :smug:

RFrHZ.png

f5Pzw.png
You think you can challenge men? What? Pheraen knights!? But that's impossible!!!

20yi4.png

8WZLL.png

f5Pzw.png
Ugh... I thought my luck... was finally turning around...

4qZrq.png

WSYgh.png
Our deepest thanks for coming to the aid of our fair village.

0Ipb9.png
Think nothing of it. It's a lord's duty to protect the citizenry.

WSYgh.png
Would that were true, milord.

:rpgcodex: Aye, he's still young and naive - blind to the truths of the world.

WSYgh.png
The good folk of Laus know no such protection. Their marquess, Lord Darin, is too busy preparing for war. He ignores all complaints of bandits and thieves.

0Ipb9.png
Preparing for war? Are you sure?

:rpgcodex: Well you can't subtley prepare for war.

WSYgh.png
I would not lie, milord. My brother lived in Laus until a few days ago. His hoome was torched, and he had no choice but to flee here. According to him, Laus could go to war any day now. It's all the people of Laus are talking about.

uEQzR.png

xxwjL.png
If Marquess Laus is readying for war...

0Ipb9.png
His target is most likely another Lycian territory.

xxwjL.png
Perhaps this is connected to Lord Elbert's disappearance.

0Ipb9.png
My father and Marquess Laus? It seems a tenuous connection, but it's as good a start as any. Let us travel to Laus. We must learn more.

PO2rB.png

0Ipb9.png
Where are you bound for next? If you have no destination in mind, perhaps you could travel with us.

:rpgcodex: Not gonna happen.

0Ipb9.png
Ours is a small group, with a single purpose--to find my father.

:rpgcodex: Middle aged guy?

0Ipb9.png
I do not know where our road will lead, but... We would be stronger with you in our company.

:rpgcodex: No.

0Ipb9.png
You will travel with us? Splendid! Thank you!

:x Fuck this railroading! I want my C&C!

0Ipb9.png
: I pray we give you no cause to regret your decision.

8vJEk.png

fEeCA.png
Father, I... I intend to accompany Lord Eliwood.

WSYgh.png
Don't be ridiculous, girl! Lord Eliwood is not going on a picnic. He's riding into danger.

fEeCA.png
I know that, Father. That's why I want to go. We owe him our lives, and I want to repay him. My bow may not be all that much, but I know I can be of service!

WSYgh.png
But...

fEeCA.png
And, Father... I may meet up with my brother somewhere. You're the magistrate--you have responsibilites. I... This is all I can offer. I need to do this! Please, Father! Let me go!

WSYgh.png
Dear me... You're just as stubborn as your mother was.

fEeCA.png
I'm sorry, Father...

WSYgh.png
You must bow to Lord Eliwood's wishes on this matter. If he consents, you may go.

fEeCA.png
Thank you, Father!

WSYgh.png
Lord Elbert has always been kind to us. Follow his son with a true heart, Rebecca. Serve Lord Eliwood well, as I have served his father.

fEeCA.png
I will, Father!

Hjmo4.png

Eliwood and company set their sights on Laus. The road from Pherae to Laus passes through Santaruz. Eliwood suspects his missing father must have visited Santaruz en route to Ostia. Eliwood arranges a meeting with the local ruling lord to see what he can learn.

Grog

Educated
Is this dead? That makes me a sad panda.:rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom