Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
How ironic that the initiation quest is the only quest I remember needing to use thievery.

And you can completely screw it up, get caught and imprisoned and they still let you into the guild.

This is why I don't run this questline as it is insults me as RPG player. This thief even don't care you are Savior of Skyrim/Legions Legate//Stormfagot Fuhrer and you can't order the guards/soldiers from nearest fort to arrest them.
That's :decline: over even oblibion. They made game with better setting, lore and amputated mechanics which is good for me couse they work this time but with quests for Idiots. You can't left no children Consoltard behind Beth?
Another Beth game I won't buy... Good for me as I will get AoD instead.

Rhalle

Magister
To my ear those songs are grating, to be honest. Not her-- the lyrics. A dilettante wrote them.

The poem about King Olaf (and the stuff on the word-walls), however, were obviously written by someone that really knew what they were doing; they are skilled imitations of Anglo-Saxon alliterative verse, and Bethesda deserves props for it.

I killed the murderer when he pulled out his knife.

The first time I did that encounter I actually got a beheading animation on him, but it happened just as he stabbed her, so I thought you couldn't save her no matter what.

Monoclebear

Educated
I don't like the songs the girl sung, way too much of that echo-like effect. But to say something on topic, i've bought skyrim and had a blast with it at first but later after i tried some games that are out of my normal comfortzone i just can't go back, it's way too bland.

Gerrard

Arcane
I thought the song that becomes available after you kill Alduin was the best one. Even if that isn't saying much.

The pauses between the lines are just retarded though, and I'm damn sure it wasn't supposed to be like that, they just fucked something up, as usual.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought the song that becomes available after you kill Alduin was the best one. Even if that isn't saying much.

The pauses between the lines are just retarded though, and I'm damn sure it wasn't supposed to be like that, they just fucked something up, as usual.

I think their dialogue system cannot display lines longer than X characters/words. Which means they also don't record one large voice file for a dialogue, but many small ones. (Like, a char has text of 20 lines, but can only say 5 at once; so they cut it into snippets of 4 different recordings)
This leads to unnatural pauses within dialogues.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Oh, wow, Bethesda. Some girl on youtube did a much better job that whoever you hired for your multi-milion $ production. Great job:thumbsup:

When a game sells 10 mill this is to be expected besides moders have been one upping Beth and just about every other PC dev for a couple decades.

Flanged

Scholar
Apparently Beth sent a copy of Oblivion to Max Von Sydow to get him on board for Skyrim, but he had just bought Daggerfall off GOG and struggled through Privateer's Hold, so he knew Oblivion was shit. They promised him a load of cash, so he did the voice and the ads for Skyrim anyway, but he trolled Beth viciously throughout by inventing his own dialogs for Esbern.

This video shows how he thought the old Blade should be portrayed in his first meeting with the Dragonborn:

Flanged

Scholar
This video shows the conflict that rages within all Codexians, over whether or not they actually enjoy Skyrim as a game.

torpid

Liturgist
Apparently Beth sent a copy of Oblivion to Max Von Sydow to get him on board for Skyrim, but he had just bought Daggerfall off GOG and struggled through Privateer's Hold, so he knew Oblivion was shit. They promised him a load of cash, so he did the voice and the ads for Skyrim anyway, but he trolled Beth viciously throughout by inventing his own dialogs for Esbern.

This video shows how he thought the old Blade should be portrayed in his first meeting with the Dragonborn:

:lol: "He's got a very very long film history, very very serious dramatic movies like Ghostbusters 2"

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Good game man. 100 page thread here we go? Or will the roll ends as ME 3 is released in March?

Gord

Arcane
does beta patch make the game as smoothly/better than that 4GB memory allocation mod?

It gives a pretty big increase in fps in CPU-limited spots (like certain city-scenes).
On average I got a ~40-50% boost under these conditions.

Won't help much if you are GPU-limited, though, and some spots/graphical effects still reduce fps more than one would expect.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
index.php

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom