Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

meh

Educated
That's... logical... Bethesda... innovation giants?..

Sett

Novice
holy cow, why cant battles in vanilla Skyrim be like this?

Do you really want their Dev team working on this scale? If you can't handle single NPC AI with anything near logic you shouldn't be allowed to touch a group dynamic. And it would pull the staff away from the lounge where they are busy getting t-bagged by Todd Howard aka QA.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I had more fun watching this than playing Skyrim. But the giant sword was overkill.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
They released a hi-res textures dlc a few days ago on steam. It's about 3 niggabytez. Anyone tried it? does it make a noticable diff? Since skyrim is a hiking sim I suppose graphixwhorism has some merit.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Actually there was a few good ideas. Too bad nobody came out with level- scalling removal, fully rewritten loot system and new UI :decline:

I noticed on my steams whe I grabbed the hi-res texture pack that they actually added a browsable mods section for skyrimjob. I guess steam wants to be the next TESNexus or something. Intrigued I clicked about a bit and noticed there was a redone UI among the top downloads. I didn't actualyl go as far as to install it but I did watch the jewtoob video. Seems like they at the very lieast fixed the inventory to display stuff in a sortable, searchable list with icons and stats visible without examining items individually. Seemed like a bit of incline.

It's interesting that some of the requested features that weren't included because they'd be "too difficult and time-consuming to implement" (such as polearms and mounted combat) were apparently doable in a week.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Some high quality trolling from Bethesda

Shit mang that stuff looks great!

So there's still creative people in the industry... they simply are not allowed to put their skills to good use. :(

Some of it looks silly but most of the things would actually massively improve upon the game. Wonder if we'll see any of this in patches... What really boggles me is how they did all than in a week. For fun. While they somehow never found the time to implement stuff like that during the years they worked on the game. Big teams, budgets and suits ruin creativity.

:x

Sul

Savant
Some high quality trolling from Bethesda

GODDAMMIT BETHESDA WHY!? 5 years working on the game and then this!? I bet they will release it as the "complete experience" DLC!

Filhos de uma meretriz, vão tomar em vosso orifício anal!:x

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Some of it looks silly but most of the things would actually massively improve upon the game. Wonder if we'll see any of this in patches... What really boggles me is how they did all than in a week. For fun. While they somehow never found the time to implement stuff like that during the years they worked on the game. Big teams, budgets and suits ruin creativity.

:x

BroFist!!!

Makes you wonder what they could do in two weeks. Might have decent NPC AI. The NPC AI is asstarded. I try to set up an ambush by having the NPC wait a football field away from the enemy. I lick the enemy with two arrows to draw them forth and the dumb NPC is in my LOF for the the third. When I told the fucken NPC to wait that doesnt mean to charge 100 yards past me into my LOF.

waywardOne

Arcane
None of that was done in a week. If anything they were done simultaneously during the entire production, and may have had programming origins back during Oblivion's development. Just like any other feature, if it's not (mostly) bugfree by deadline it gets cut. The only real incline is that at least Bethesda isn't so quick to move on to the next project and considers finishing some of those things for later release.

Edwin

Scholar
Shit mang that stuff looks great!

So there's still creative people in the industry... they simply are not allowed to put their skills to good use. :(

this video was amazing,to bad they didnt get this week before the release of the game

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Are you seriously praising and admiring the great feat of seasonal foliage that will lead to a MAJESTIC improvement over gameplay or is this sarcasm?

I wouldn't mind seeing the spears, goblins, combinable spell effects and a dungeon or two with dark areas/moving platforms/water currents added as a mod/free dlc.

...and the giant mudcrab :oops:

Imagine a Bioware gamejam.

Wait, don't.

DON'T.

I'll mail you the bill from my psychiatrist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom