Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

Stabwound

Arcane
It's very smart of them to announce a Linux version at $1.5 million. Judging by the "Humble Indie Bundles" that go on sale, Linux users donated on average more than double what Windows users donated. I think they're just happy to get games released that support Linux.

I wonder if that means they've made a decision on an engine to use.

Ausir

Arcane
I'm glad that at $1.5 million they'll be making a Mac version too. Would be much better than having to play it on Bootcamp.

hiver

Hope they go for Unity or something similar. Relatively cheap, very usable, easy to port to other systems and so on.
Also saw this baby over there http://unigine.com/products/unigine/
Looks nice and diverse and the basic price is 30K only.

If nothing else they can always go for new Torque from Iron Towers. :D

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Bah. I was hoping they would announce a toolset for 1.5 million. Goddamn neck beards.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
$3990 secured so far. I'm sure you'll keep it coming...

Oh and did I mention we got a $600 donation?

Ausir

Arcane
Yeah, they can't really announce a toolset when they don't know what engine they're going to use yet.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I wonder how much jewgold would the codex put in the pot for an Obsidian's Kickstarter if one of the rewards was a romantic dinner with MCA
Only one lucky & rich bastard would win...now, if MCA asked for 100,000 for one hour of livecast Q&A with the Codex, we would fund that in like 3 minutes. :lol:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Bah. I was hoping they would announce a toolset for 1.5 million. Goddamn neck beards.
RE: A toolset, Fargo says: "We need to make more tech decisions before I can comment on things like modding tools. Stay tuned."

Yeah, they can't really announce a toolset when they don't know what engine they're going to use yet.

Yeah but we can keep talking about it here and over at their forums or wherever. It could minimally help influence which engine they go with.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2

That's sweet. I'll donate my 15 bucks here but I cannot pledge at kickstarter because I've quit my last job. Since I love the codex more (albeit it's a stagnant pond of scum and villainy) and
I can always pirate the game if necessary .Also I want my patron tag back lost in the recent overhaul

serch

Magister
I wonder how much jewgold would the codex put in the pot for an Obsidian's Kickstarter if one of the rewards was a romantic dinner with MCA
Only one lucky & rich bastard would win...now, if MCA asked for 100,000 for one hour of livecast Q&A with the Codex, we would fund that in like 3 minutes. :lol:

That QA would contain a lot of entries the like of 'show tits' and 'sharpie in pooper', I suppose.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

That's sweet. I'll donate my 15 bucks here but I cannot pledge at kickstarter because I've quit my last job. Since I love the codex more (albeit it's stagnant pond of scum and villainy) and
I can always pirate the game if necessary .Also I want my patron tag back lost in the recent overhaul
Dude, don't worry. After the dust settles, we'll see who contributed to the Codex fundraiser and still needs a digital copy, and you may still get your hands on one of the 30 digital copies that the Codex gets. That's because a lot of the top contributors also contributed indivitually, so they're getting their copies anyway straight from the source.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom