Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Malpercio

Arcane
This may come as a shock to many of you, but homosexuality doesn't ruin a story, shitty writers do.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got the impression from reading between the lines of Brian Fargo's words that maybe Wasteland 2 will only start in the Southwest.

Joghurt

Augur
lGIWN.png

kClup.png

attackfighter

Magister
Who the hell is he? I finished that game and never saw him. I guess he's on Roche's route only, and I went with elf/Triss line.

He is the mage advisor of King Henselt of Kaedwen. His role is quite minor if you take Iorveth path. He gets executed in that path I think too. Probably one of the most disgusting persons in the whole series.

Yeah he's easily the most dislikeable character for me.

Absurd

Novice
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5246#p5246

This guy here is more retarded than the majority of you.

Tanglebones said:
skuphundaku said:
Eunuchs are also not represented! What to do, what to do? In all seriousness now, If you want romances, bromances and politcal corectness, Bioware is that way! They made a mockery of their former selves and the people who have been waiting for 11 years for a proper RPG should not allow Bioware's fanbase make a mockery of WL2.
Have you heard of the argumentative fallacy called "shifting goalposts"? It's what happens when someone starts losing an argument, for example, that there's no good reason not to include LGBT characters in a certain game, and instead of admitting that they're wrong, the person attempts to change what the argument is about, for example, by proposing that we should now talk about eunuchs.

Have you heard of an argumentative fallacy called "ad hominem"? It means literally "toward the man" and it happens when someone suggests that some perceived character flaw in their opponents, for example that they like Bioware games, disqualifies them from making arguments that have nothing to do with that character flaw. The quality of Bioware's games are not under discussion here.

As I told geezer, if you want to use the phrase "political correctness" you're going to have to tell me what you mean by it... and explain to me why I shouldn't have it. Saying "political correctness" isn't some "end the argument and I win" trump card.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Tim Cain is gay, and he never let it get in the way of his game-making or used his games to start preaching LGBT equality to us. Just focused on making great games. Why can't the gay community be more like him and not let their gender preference dictate their entire character?

Stabwound

Arcane
Pretty sad that this the gay thread is the biggest one on the forum. No point in discussing game mechanics or things that matter. Why do that when we can argue about whether or not to have representatives from the entire gender spectrum? What better place to push an agenda then in an oldschool RPG kickstarter sequel!

MMXI

Arcane
The man taking money from them, fool.
Why doesn't he make an FPS then? There's more FPS fans than old-school RPG fans. Oh wait, it's because this project is supposed to fill a niche, a niche that the "numerous" BioWare fans aren't part of. Why compete with the BioWare's of this world for emotionally engaging content? If Brian Fargo is stupid enough to listen to them then he's stupid enough to turn Wasteland into an action game, and he's clearly not going to do that!

There may be 10x more of them than us, but to Fargo our voices are 10x louder. The fight is on!

:love:

MisterStone

Arcane
BROS, diversity is very important to Wasteland. Remember, this is the first game that let you chose from American, Mexican, Russian, Japanese OR Chinese for your PCs' nationalities!

Bioware fans outnumber us, and chances are, their donations to Wasteland 2 project outnumbered those of "sane individuals" as well.

Guess what's going to happen if Wasteland 2 actually starts resembling Fallout 1 in all the good ways...

Petitions, protest, withdrawal of support, "community pressure".

And in will go Bioware romances, out will go turn-based combat, and then Fargo will say that "they achieved a reasonable balance between old and what's expected from a modern game", and everything that that implies. He will also be drawn to the simplified Bioware model of dialogue and narrative control because it's much simpler and understandable to a modern game programmer.

Well, I'm going to laugh sooo hard if that happens. In fact, I'm laughing right now just imagining that. Also, it'll make having an RPGCodex shrine in-game even funnier. :p

Still worth it to give it a chance, though.

When you approach the shrine, you encounter a gang of raiders armed with machetes. As you press your attack through the building, you realize they are relatively easy to beat as they stop fighting from time to time, almost as if they're waiting for your turn to attack. They will also sometimes spend their "turns" teabagging downed, caucasian party members. After you kill the leader, dressed in shaman garbs, you discover they were a cult dedicated to a strange statue of a horned, copper-skinned humanoid at the center of the shrine. His perpetual scowl is betrayed by what seems to be...tears? The statue is crying...the water mixes with the rust, resulting in blood red droplets that drench the ground around the pedestal. As a Capital Wasteland Ranger, you aren't filled with religious devotion like those savages...but you feel something, yes. Sadness? Pity? As you wonder, your eyes are drawn to a graffiti at the base of the pedestal.

R 0 0 F L 3 S

Quest Update: Could this be the password to the locked door at the Raider Compound?

| | | | | | | | N | | | | | | | | |
Raider Compound --------------->

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pretty sad that this the gay thread is the biggest one on the forum. No point in discussing game mechanics or things that matter. Why do that when we can argue about whether or not to have representatives from the entire gender spectrum? What better place to push an agenda then in an oldschool RPG kickstarter sequel!

I'm sure most of the posts are troll posts. I mean... the biggest thread on RPG Codex is probably that Mass Effect 3 thread.

NewFag

Educated
Sigh, if in our generation gay romances become standard RPG repertoire, I wonder what's to come.:rpgcodex:

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well, I think it'd be cool if sexuality would be handled like in Fallout 1. Wasteland was kind of a wacky game to begin with anyway

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bioware fans outnumber us, and chances are, their donations to Wasteland 2 project outnumbered those of "sane individuals" as well.

Guess what's going to happen if Wasteland 2 actually starts resembling Fallout 1 in all the good ways...

Petitions, protest, withdrawal of support, "community pressure".

And in will go Bioware romances, out will go turn-based combat, and then Fargo will say that "they achieved a reasonable balance between old and what's expected from a modern game", and everything that that implies. He will also be drawn to the simplified Bioware model of dialogue and narrative control because it's much simpler and understandable to a modern game programmer.

Well, I'm going to laugh sooo hard if that happens. In fact, I'm laughing right now just imagining that. Also, it'll make having an RPGCodex shrine in-game even funnier. :p

Still worth it to give it a chance, though.

When you approach the shrine, you encounter a gang of raiders armed with machetes. As you press your attack through the building, you realize they are relatively easy to beat as they stop fighting from time to time, almost as if they're waiting for your turn to attack. They will also sometimes spend their "turns" teabagging downed, caucasian party members. After you kill the leader, dressed in shaman garbs, you discover they were a cult dedicated to a strange statue of a horned, copper-skinned humanoid at the center of the shrine. His perpetual scowl is betrayed by what seems to be...tears? The statue is crying...the water mixes with the rust, resulting in blood red droplets that drench the ground around the pedestal. As a Capital Wasteland Ranger, you aren't filled with religious devotion like those savages...but you feel something, yes. Sadness? Pity? As you wonder, your eyes are drawn to a graffiti at the base of the pedestal.

R 0 0 F L 3 S

Quest Update: Could this be the password to the locked door at the Raider Compound?

| | | | | | | | N | | | | | | | | |
Raider Compound --------------->

Men of Codex stop your dreaming Can't you see their spear points gleaming See their warrior pennants streaming To this battlefield Men of Codex stand ye steady It cannot be ever said ye For the battle were not ready Stand and never yield From the hills rebounding Let this song be sounding Summon all at Wasteland's call The mighty force surrounding Men of Codex on to glory This will ever be your story Keep these burning words before ye :obviously: will not yield.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Forum is still infested with biodrones. They want "fleshed out characters" and are creeped out by the thought of generating an entire party. ("B..b..but I don't CARE about those people!")

I think this has the potential to cause a lot of butthurt in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom