Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codecks Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Discussion

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's the Ravager sniping beams that kills you in 2 hits. First hit takes off shield, second one finishes you off. Ravager is actually higher priority when I think about it. Insane range and 2 hit KO.

RK47

Patron
save up cash for 60k crates if u want soldiers :P they kinda gear dependent imo.

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
I put in 2 missions work, got myself to 60%... then found out shit didn't add up to fuck all in the singleplayer endgame anyway.. let it decline back to 50% just to be a cunt to myself.

Continued playing.

Am now indoctrinated, can now see oily figures and ghostly apparitions. yess.

I've been playing this a bit. Handle is WombatTime. Salarian Infiltrator is almost as much fun as being raped by a banshee :yeah:

taplonaplo

Scholar
4 human vanguards against reaper on silver... it was interesting to say the least.

you get seventy-five WAR POINTZES with which you can deeply emotionally connect. this option is best used if you have NOT yet filled up the GREEN BAR OF AWESOME, because watching ME3's version of this

progress.jpg

is perhaps the most realistic and plausible part of the entire war storyline

RK47

Patron
promoted n7 operatives turn into war asset

RK47

Patron
i guess all? i only promote when i felt like changing the skill distribution a bit.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Bros what is the best pistol in the game? I'm having fun with Scorpion V but it feels pretty gimmicky. Should I switch to Phalanx?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Bros what is the best pistol in the game? I'm having fun with Scorpion V but it feels pretty gimmicky. Should I switch to Phalanx?

Phalanx. :love: I still haven't got it in multiplayer, but in singleplayer it owns. It's light, hits moderately hard, has a fairly large ammo clip and weights little. There are pistols with more raw power (e.g. Scorpion, Paladin or Carnifex), but they are to heavy to weild around, and have low ammo capacity. While in SP I finished whole missions on insane using Phalanx (and abilities), doing the same with the three heavy pistols proved to be a pain in the butt.

RK47

Patron
Same feeling as Mrowak. I tried Carnifex - and was hit hard by how heavy and slow firing it is. Phalanx is upgradeable by 20k crates. I've hit Mark VII upgrade now and didn't regret ditching the Mark II Carnifex and Mark II Arc Pistol.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Depends. If you make headshots most of the time carnifex/paladin should beat phalanx in damage, however they are somewhat heavier, but that will get compensated with weapon upgrades if you are lucky and actually get them. But how the fuck did you manage to get scorpion 5 anyway, i got like 2 ultra rare weapon cards altogether? Ammo shouldn't be an issue if you have a proper team.

RK47

Patron
And now an estimation of the number of pack you'd have to buy using an optimized way
(slightly less precise than the previous method because of complexity)

-191 pack recruit
-230 pack veteran
-200 pack spectre
and if you want every ultra rare items, you'll need 700 spectre pack instead of 200.

First of all, we're going to forget Ultra rares items. It makes 17,555,000 credits to get, which represent 250 gold games, 585 silver games or 1170 bronze games.

That is approximately 125 effective hours of gold game, 243 hours of silver or 292 hours of bronze, considering that you'll need 30 minutes for a gold game, 25 for a silver and 15 for a bronze.

Everybody knows the gold difficulty, and succeeding in 250 games without making any silver or bronze one is almost impossible. And with the time you'll spend upgrading characters, bad groups, failures and the time in the menu, you'll probably need something like 250 to 300 hours. And if you're unlucky, then you can give up right now...

Let's imagine now that you hope to unlock everything, 47,555,000 credits will be necessary, which is 3 times more credits, so 3 times more time... a thousand hour on Mass Effect 3 would have been a pleasure, but unfortunately, it does not offer this length of life in multiplayer, but rather something like 50 hours without DLC right now.

But wait, maybe if you buy a few thousand euros in Bioware points, we could get all of this. It must be the solution !
This Crate unlock system is probably one of the dumbest they ever implemented. Thank god I bought this game for the Single player.

If there is even any hint of DICE putting this crate nonsense into Battlefield 4, I'm totally done with that series.

Nothing like buying a Spectre Pack and receive a fucking Turian Sentinel body paint unlock and some shotgun you cannot use reliably. I'm enjoying the MP, but most def. would burn out past the one month mark. There's really no reason why progression should be this random. EA's greed knows no bounds.

Topher

Cipher
Add me, TopherUnhinged. I've got a few lvl 20's and play regularly.

Anyway, I don't think the progression's that bad. Winning a silver match nets around 30,000 which is half the cost of a specter crate or enough to get a veteran crate and two basic crates (which is where I got most of my basic weapons). I've only played thirty or forty matches so far and I've got several weapons across each category and plenty of modification options. So it's really not so bad as long as you're winning (or progressing past wave 6 or so) and you really should be, even with a only a half-decent team, plus if you can't win at silver for some reason you can just stick to bronze, winning there still get's you around 15,000.

RK47

Patron
I'll add you when I get home Topher.
I'm puzzled with their Falcon nerf though. I know they buffed the Revenant MG, but that gun is still exclusively Turian-only. The recoil is just too high.

Weapons & Class concerns:

I just reset my Sentinel to zero Tech Armor. I wonder if this is a good way to max out the Biotic Explosion while keeping Fitness & Offensive Mastery Maxed.

Also, Turian Sentinel doesn't seem that attractive even with Revenant Buff - I could argue that they have high Shield but the lack of self-made biotic explosion combo kinda let me down.

taplonaplo

Scholar
I'll add you when I get home Topher.
I'm puzzled with their Falcon nerf though. I know they buffed the Revenant MG, but that gun is still exclusively Turian-only. The recoil is just too high.

Weapons & Class concerns:

I just reset my Sentinel to zero Tech Armor. I wonder if this is a good way to max out the Biotic Explosion while keeping Fitness & Offensive Mastery Maxed.

Also, Turian Sentinel doesn't seem that attractive even with Revenant Buff - I could argue that they have high Shield but the lack of self-made biotic explosion combo kinda let me down.
Yeah, falcon nerf is annoying. At least i had some fun with it while it lasted with my drell adept. Owning phantom swarms on gold cerberus was awesome.

Not sure if there's a point in no tech armor human sentinel. You are basically an asari adept without stasis who goes down in 4 shots instead of 3... not worth it IMO. You can set up tech bursts with overload+warp on turian sentinel, probably not as potent as biotic explosion spam but better than krogan sentinel lol.

Bruticis

Origin sucks ass, he's probably just offline. Also, I thought you rage quit ME3 mulitplayer?

Topher

Cipher
Go
Add me, TopherUnhinged. I've got a few lvl 20's and play regularly.

Anyway, I don't think the progression's that bad. Winning a silver match nets around 30,000 which is half the cost of a specter crate or enough to get a veteran crate and two basic crates (which is where I got most of my basic weapons). I've only played thirty or forty matches so far and I've got several weapons across each category and plenty of modification options. So it's really not so bad as long as you're winning (or progressing past wave 6 or so) and you really should be, even with a only a half-decent team, plus if you can't win at silver for some reason you can just stick to bronze, winning there still get's you around 15,000.

origin says you don't exist

Go figure... my user name shows up in my profile as topherunhinged, no capitals... maybe that matters?

Topher

Cipher
Odd, I can't find myself using topherunhinged either but I can find myself using the email I used to sign up... topherunhinged@gmail.com. I'd say try that because apparently I don't know my own origin ID.

RK47

Patron
Settled on Salarian Infiltrator. I mean, this is the ultimate comfort class. I can't imagine playing on higher difficulty with another. Cloaking damage bonus is way better than Soldier's Adrenaline rush simply because the cool down starts the moment you decloak. And Energy drain is shield boost when vs Geth complete with additional stun. The new Veteran Premium Pack 33k kept giving me guns. But still no Asari Adept. Also, I cannot get used to class with no roll/dodge moves. It seems strange shuffling slowly when rockets are flying. Basically running around with Raptor VIII and Phalanx VIII now on Silvers to buy VP Packs till I max both and hopefully unlock all classes.

For all intents and purposes, I treat the Mattock and Raptor as equal, except the Mattock needs scope attachment to be effective, while Raptor runs around with 235 ammo capacity and barrel mod. Oh, also +40% Sniper Rifle damage when decloaking.

:yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom