Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Codexian Wasteland 2 Location + Statue Fund-Raising Drive

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Someone else can have my digital copy (and I'm in the top 50).

Gregz

Arcane
I think you might be getting a bit too much into this.

Maybe, but that's not a bad thing. I'm obviously not the only person who's excited about this.

I am hoping for the best but thinking that this is some kind of new movement that'll liberate us from publishers is a bit premature. We'll just have to wait and see.

True, it's early. But you can bitch and whine about the decline, or you can do something about it.

This Wasteland 2 Kickstarter thing was our Occupy Wall Street, and we got results...it's fucking great really.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, I'm crossing my fingers that it'll lead to some great RPGs. I'm just trying not to be too hopeful, so as not to be disappointed, as is normal nowadays.

Gregz

Arcane
Well, I'm crossing my fingers that it'll lead to some great RPGs. I'm just trying not to be too hopeful, so as not to be disappointed, as is normal nowadays.

Understandable. I do that with movies a lot...try to downplay hype and expectations so I can enjoy the film.

But allowing fans to 'vote' with their money ahead of development is a HUGE paradigm shift for the industry. (design by committee :retarded: aside).

Now, the developer's reputation is on the line. If they make crap they won't get funded again, and they know it. That's a win for gamers. It's a pretty great system we're watching come to life in front of us. KoTC 2 has been dead in the water because Pierre Begue didn't recoup enough $$$ to compensate for the time he put into making KoTC. Regardless of your stance on piracy, that's fucking sad, and a huge loss for the cRPG community.

But, if he got a measly 100k up front with Kickstarter...I bet he'd drop what he's doing right now and make KoTC 2.

Temaperacl

Erudite
I'M NOT MADE OF JEW GOLD!
And who do you have to blame for that?

On a side note,
$ 9,913.81 Total Donations (Manually Added)
- $ 9,419.03 Funds Available
= $ 464.78 PayPal Fees & Charges
Almost there. Always hated processing fees - Especially the AmEx ones. Small-purchase and AmEx were terrible. Ah, well. Only thing to do is to berate Deus101 until he admits to being made out of Jewgold. Or if he won't admit, do you ever wonder what a good taxidermist can do? It makes me wonder. Which forces me to finish the WL2 fund (depending on fees, of course) so we can get started on the Deus101 Taxidermy fund. His volunteering for this experiment will not be forgotten!

Speaking of wondering, You are stuck sick for a week. Which is better for mood alteration when looped - The Chiffons or the Shangri-Las? Granted, neither of them hold a candle to Patience and Prudence, but honestly, what can? Sure, after having "Tonight You Belong To Me" and "A Smile and a Ribbon", maybe a few others, looping for 10 hours, you might be overly aggressive or plotting the demise of those around you, but you'll have a smile on your face while you are doing it! Chiffons Vs Shangri-Las, though... Chiffons have more impact on a song-per-song basis, but they also have a smaller selection of appropriate songs for mood alteration. Unless one of them has the right hook at the time, the Shangri-Las have a smaller impact, but have more songs that lead to the appropriate alterations. For an individual song, "Just for Tonight" wins with no questions, but the "Heaven Only Knows"-"Right Now And Not Later"-"What's a Girl Supposed to Do"-"Long Live Our Love", especially if it is topped off by "The Train From Kansas City" or "He Cried" has a nice effect if you aren't completely conscious. And speaking of not completely conscious, that sounds like a good idea.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
DU I hope you won't be a moron and will ask Fargo to NOT include a reference to the Codex or any other forum or nerd into the game because of this donation.

Please. You know it's the right thing to do.

I agree. Let's make it meaningful, not some shitty Easter Egg shrine/statue. Show the people we are about quality, not lulz and only lulz.

hakuroshi

Augur
I think, I'll throw a bit more if we are going for the shrine. If I'll qualify for the copy, don't need it.

Rane

Novice
Are we aiming to be the final push for reaching $1.5 million?

Just curious, since it's almost there.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are we aiming to be the final push for reaching $1.5 million?

Just curious, since it's almost there.

That'd be cool. But to do that, those who haven't yet donated should hurry up so we can reach $10k in the next couple of days, before it hits $1.5mil. :P

Rane

Novice
We can't be missing that much anymore, can we? Needz updated total.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
OK, 25 measly dollars is all i can afford, booze a'int cheap you know!

Guess I should start playing Wasteland then.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In an important announcement, Brian Fargo has promised a digital copy to everyone who donates at least $15 towards the Codex shrine (and needs a copy)!

EDIT: Provided we get to $10k, of course. :)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
WhiskeyWolf wants to donate but unfortunately his miserable paycheck is already 12 day late. Fuck this country.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Oops, I forgot to mention Fargo's promise is conditional upon our reaching $10k, of course :) But we're almost there anyway... Just a little bit more donations, folks...

Temaperacl

Erudite
We should be at or over 10k once the numbers get updated. Deus101 gave in and made a generous donation. Obviously excited about the prospect of a taxidermy fundraiser.

But But!....I only got 17.77 crowns....HOW MUCH RPG DO YOU GET OUT OF THAT?!
You get enough - it isn't how much you put in that matters - it is that you put in what you could.

The Chiffons, definitely. But what do I know, I just drank a bottle of cough syrup.
Well, chemically assisted alteration doesn't really count, even mild ones - gotta do it naturally to make a really fair comparison. Even so, I think I lean towards the Chiffons as well - it is still a close call, though.

Kitako

Arcane
In an important announcement, Brian Fargo has promised a digital copy to everyone who donates at least $15 towards the Codex shrine (and needs a copy)!

EDIT: Provided we get to $10k, of course. :)
Damn, isn't he the nice man?

:love:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Thrown my $15 in. Since they opened the PayPal option a few days ago it was the choice between a guaranteed copy there or a possible copy here, but with some small help regarding the shrine drive. The choice was obvious ;)

Ausir

Arcane
After much discussion, it has been decided that we will target $10,000 as our donation goal, at which point we will end the fundraising drive. This guarantees us a shrine in the game and 50 digital copies, as well as attendance at the Wasteland 2 donors party (baby arm will be attending on behalf of the Codex). This lets us be proud that we took out one of the largest packages in the KickStarter program for Wasteland 2 and achieves our aim of having a shrine built to our yet-to-be-determined specifications.

Baby arm? I think one of the trannies should be the one to go. Preferrably a tranny prostitute.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom