Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
8ouWa.png
:lol:

Anyway, Brian's re-emphasized dedication to creating a proper cRPG is admirable (so is his desire to shake up the status quo in this rotten industry), we can only hope he - or his design team - won't sway away from the dutiful path of adhering to such principles throughout the development process.

Stabwound

Arcane
So it looks like Wasteland 2 now has a Paypal donation system setup that is outside of Kickstarter.

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/pledge.php

Since Paypal jews only 2.9% on US citizens and 3.9% on non-US citizens for donations, compared to the 10% by Kickstarter and Amazon, some people might want to switch their donation over from kickstarter to paypal.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For those of you that like numbers (and who doesn't) Wasteland 2 just passed that ipod dock thing and became the 2nd most funded Kickstarter ever. Steadily creeping towards the $1.5m goal.

You go Fargo.
:bro:

Dexter

Arcane
This settles it. 2012 is the end of the world.

I personally like these theories xD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon#Timewave_zero_and_the_I_Ching

the graph appears to show great periods of novelty corresponding with major shifts in humanity's biological and sociocultural evolution.
In India, the guru Kalki Bhagavan has promoted 2012 as a "deadline" for human enlightenment since at least 1998. Over 15 million people consider Bhagavan to be the incarnation of the god Vishnu and believe that 2012 marks the end of the Kali Yuga, or degenerate age.
They've predicted 2012 as the end of the degenerate age of RPGs by RetardWare & Co. for thousands of years. :obviously:

FUDU

Arcane
Maybe December 21, 2012 will be the end...

of RPG's THAT SUCK!

All HAIL, the dawn of a new era.

P.S. Suck it Kotic.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Only $650 from 1.5 million. To bad Codex won't push them over the top.

edit: And now they are at 1.5 million.

2 million seems like a given at this point. Do we think they can make it to 3 million?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
2 million seems like a given at this point. Do we think they can make it to 3 million?

Is it? I think Brian needs to release some updates with videos to speed things up again.

They still have 3 weeks to go and you know there will be a media burst towards the end. I think 2 million is a pretty safe bet right now.

Or not. The hell do I know.

edit: BTW the average donation is still over $50.

Stabwound

Arcane
I wonder what he has planned for $2 million. His twitter says "Stay tuned for what happens at 2 mil"

Incoming iPad version?

:troll:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
At 2 mil, the game will have VO for every line by the original cast of Fallout including Richard Dean Anderson. Ron Perlman will narrate the intro: "Wasteland...Wasteland never changes...." As an added bonus CrispyPatrick Stewart and Malcolm McDowell from Bethesda GOTY's of 2006 and 2008 will make cameo appearances.

As for how much money they'll raise, well you have to start adding the paypal as well: it's almost 3,500 after a day or two. Won't be a gigantic amount, but should be noticeable. To get 2 mil they'll need less than 20000 a day...can be done. Don't know why they'd need much more than this anyway. If they really still need money after that then Brian has his own funds to use in an emergency.

GhostBadger

The Double Fine project isn't as risky and the die-hard fans aren't as ruthless (in my opinion, of course)...

mm, things have been fairly fucking stupid in IF/graphical-adventure/whatever-the-fuck-it's-called-this-decade games. And, as usual, nobody has given a slim shit about Linux there.

They had better not fuck this up either. Mean-ass Monkey Island and Full Throttle groupies will flip out.

GhostBadger

If it does get to 2 million they sure as hell better offer a toolset.

Another good idea would be for them to consider an open-sourcing strategy for WL2. Even my raging commie sensibilities would be cool with somehting a-la id Software where they delay until the game has been out some time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom