Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codecks Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Discussion

anus_pounder

Arcane
Anyone for ME3 MP tomorrow evening ? Want to grind shit for the premium veteran pack. Might as well have fun while I'm at it.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Settled on Salarian Infiltrator. I mean, this is the ultimate comfort class. I can't imagine playing on higher difficulty with another. Cloaking damage bonus is way better than Soldier's Adrenaline rush simply because the cool down starts the moment you decloak. And Energy drain is shield boost when vs Geth complete with additional stun. The new Veteran Premium Pack 33k kept giving me guns. But still no Asari Adept. Also, I cannot get used to class with no roll/dodge moves. It seems strange shuffling slowly when rockets are flying. Basically running around with Raptor VIII and Phalanx VIII now on Silvers to buy VP Packs till I max both and hopefully unlock all classes.

For all intents and purposes, I treat the Mattock and Raptor as equal, except the Mattock needs scope attachment to be effective, while Raptor runs around with 235 ammo capacity and barrel mod. Oh, also +40% Sniper Rifle damage when decloaking.

:yeah:
Have you tried Widow/Black Widow/Javelin? That's where the Infiltrator goes beast IMO. I "only" have the widow, which allows me to one shot kill most normal troops with energy drain + body shot combo, and tear through armor damn quickly even on gold. You have to get used to the reload time, but it syncs up with cloak cooldown nicely.
Meh, don't really feel like it. Especially not with performancefags like taplonpapapaaplo. :smug:
What can i say... just lookin at the Geth Pulse Rifle makes me:rage:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I am recently discovering the beauty of playing infiltrator. All would be fine and dandy if I had access to good sniper rifles. As luck would have it, I am stuck with Raptor I :( I am first melee sniper in the history of Quarians.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I like to think that high ROF gives good returns on the Disruptor Ammo equipment vs geths.
What disruptor does is a chance to stun geths per hit as well as fucking up their shield. This is quite invaluable when paired with such a stable, rapid-firing Raptor that doubles as an Assault Rifle in close range. Widow I only currently, can't get used to the slow reload. I kept getting fucked by geth pyro when missing a shot. Not my style, I guess.

RK47

Patron
If we can "fight like a Spartan", we'd better be able to **** like a Spartan.

ohwow.jpg

monkeyboy7

Novice
Here's my advice for anyone who wants to do gold runs:

- Bring at least one infiltrator. They can out-damage any class and are really good for reviving people in tight spots. (Like someone said above, Salarian infiltrators are the best because they can remove shields and have a bonus to sniping.)

- Adepts are pretty much necessary. If you're speccing your adept, make sure to give it stasis bubble and a couple of points in warp (good against larger targets).

- Try to bring a class that can deal with the larger targets like Atlases and Brutes. Otherwise, you'll regret using your cobra missile before you really need it.

- For the love of god, wait until you're level 20. Please? Less talent points = less damage output and health.

Alright, I'm done. Hope this helps!

taplonaplo

Scholar
I like to think that high ROF gives good returns on the Disruptor Ammo equipment vs geths.
What disruptor does is a chance to stun geths per hit as well as fucking up their shield. This is quite invaluable when paired with such a stable, rapid-firing Raptor that doubles as an Assault Rifle in close range. Widow I only currently, can't get used to the slow reload. I kept getting fucked by geth pyro when missing a shot. Not my style, I guess.
I use the reload time to look around to prevent surprise pyros from doing that, but i have to admit i don't usually play against the geth especially on gold. Ever since the hunters got buffed they're causing a lot of problems since they can no longer be 1 shotted and wasting a widow round on 2 bars of shield just feels wrong.

RK47

Patron
I'm almost done with the 33k Crates. Not sure if I should keep buying. I have Raptor X, Phaeson X, Mattock VII, Phalanx IX, Tempest X.
Does it even have a chance to give Revenant / Salari Adept? It's still sitting at Revenant II - Not as good as Phaeson for Marksman Turian.

I'm still not confident on going for gold with public teams. Seeing silver team refusing to use rockets and medigels to bring themselves up lowers my faith in humanity.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Better wait until Bioware introduce their Ultimate ShepHARD DLC, with remastered beam colours in the ending and immersive in-game real money microtransactions to reload your rocket launcher.

taplonaplo

Scholar
I'm almost done with the 33k Crates. Not sure if I should keep buying. I have Raptor X, Phaeson X, Mattock VII, Phalanx IX, Tempest X.
Does it even have a chance to give Revenant / Salari Adept? It's still sitting at Revenant II - Not as good as Phaeson for Marksman Turian.

I'm still not confident on going for gold with public teams. Seeing silver team refusing to use rockets and medigels to bring themselves up lowers my faith in humanity.
Yes it has, i got an asasri adept (again) from it yesterday.

I had quite some success with public gold lately, but i'm rather picky in the lobby screen and won't try my chances with teams that look destined to fail. I roll with asari/drell adept or salarian infiltrator so it's usually not that bad since these are pretty much the most OP classes in the right setup.

I'm gonna be holding back on specter pack till next tuesday, i hope for a premium specter pack or something else useful. Getting a reset power and a quarian engineer for 60k is a joke.

RK47

Patron
a quarian engineer for 60k is a joke.

He didn't mean it like that Ulmi. What you basically get, if you already had the same character is literally a fucking ass paint. Whee, now your quarian butt can change color.
So instead of a sweet new gun or upgrades, we gain cosmetic upgrades. Like it fucking matters.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
How should I know? I'm not letting Origin assrape emotionally engage with my computer.

taplonaplo

Scholar

He didn't mean it like that Ulmi. What you basically get, if you already had the same character is literally a fucking ass paint. Whee, now your quarian butt can change color.
So instead of a sweet new gun or upgrades, we gain cosmetic upgrades. Like it fucking matters.
Oh it just gets better, you still get those crappy cards even if you are maxed out on the cosmetic shit, and have the class on 20 already.

Man i hate my fuckin ISP, i swear i lost more gold rounds coz i disconnected than actually fail. RK, wanna try gold?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Bioware should make a type of crate that costs ONE MILLION CREDITS (or $10) and has a 10% chance of unlocking a new romance renegade interrupt.

RK47

Patron

Oh it just gets better, you still get those crappy cards even if you are maxed out on the cosmetic shit, and have the class on 20 already.

Man i hate my fuckin ISP, i swear i lost more gold rounds coz i disconnected than actually fail. RK, wanna try gold?

Nice run bro. My fingers need to rest. Maybe I shd reconsider going gold. Raptor is a finger killer...seeing those 3 Atlases...made me miss my sentinel biotic spam.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Nice run bro. My fingers need to rest. Maybe I shd reconsider going gold. Raptor is a finger killer...seeing those 3 Atlases...made me miss my sentinel biotic spam.
Yep, the other 2 guy we had to carry sure didn't make it easier. Well played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom