Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obese Denton playthrough of Deus Ex

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I had an idea for doing a particular kind of run through Deus Ex.

See, did you know that you can actually kill Walter Simons by luring him to the failing electrical circuit in the flooded underwater base? You simply hide behind the desk and Simons electrocutes himself.

This gives me the idea that I should try what few have attempted so far - play Deus Ex without augmentations, without skills, and without any items (zero inventory).

Plus, I could use this mod.

puGnv.png

It makes JC Denton fatter.

So what is the idea? How about playing a totally obese and inept JC Denton who is too fat to fire a gun or use his pudgy fingers for hacking a computer?

Maybe I could modify the whole no augmentations, no skills, no inventory rule by allowing JC to only keep candy bars, drugs, and alcohol in his inventory. You know, just to heal when I have to.

It would be a pretty cool idea - obese, inept Denton finishing Deus Ex and killing Walter Simons by luring him to a malfunctioning electric circuit. Stuff like that.

I just have to ask - what could go wrong or where would an inventory be absolutely essential?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
explosives are necessary, probably (other) key items as well

it's probably doable, melee is still effective, ghosting still possible for the most part, problem is you're going to end up doing trial and error with so much nerfing

unless this mod changes that too

Wyrmlord

Arcane
How about this:

Remember the four robots you have to blow up? Stand between their line of fire. Dodge. Make one robot hit the other. Start a robot fight. Have robots destroy each other. Objective completed without a single item kept in the inventory.

Am I right or am I wrong?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
what

I'm talking about the ship in NYC

there's a way to open the doors without destroying the robots, IIRC

Wyrmlord

Arcane
what

You can drop and throw TNT boxes.

These still don't involve using items from an inventory. Just from the environment.

Obese Denton can at least do that much. As long as the TNT doesn't slip from his pudgy fingers and kill him, why not?

potatojohn

Arcane
There's already a LP of this on youtube. Someone finished DX1 on realistic without ever putting a single item in his inventory. He only used what he could carry in his arms (mostly crates).

Actually,

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this has been done, minus the obesity.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I knew Alginon from Planet Deus Ex, where I once briefly posted. I had no idea someone already uploaded a YouTube version of his run. Or perhaps did the run himself following the instructions.

Meanwhile, here is the best of DX metagaming.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol: Using the baton instead of pudgy fingers. I see what he did there.

adamdensen.jpg

thesoup

Arcane
what

The huge robots? You don't have to disable them. You can sneak or run past them. You can hack them from a terminal, though.
Also, Wyrmlord. Don't even bother doing this if you're not gonna LP it.

Luzur

Good Sir
obesity? looks more like a Ogre/Troll Head and hands mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom