Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Anyway, on the subject of Mass Effect... Seems people really care about seeing naked aliens. Though my bet for not having Garrus there is because without their clothing mountains Turians probably look ridiculous (and Bioware probably first thought up how they look with armor).

Doesn't need to be nude in-game. There's already concept art of it:

526px-Turian_without_armor.jpg

Sexy, eh?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well people seem to have some weird taste in dildos.

Though one thing I find very peculiar is that people assume all animals (and aliens, fantasy multikult races, etc) have sex in the same manner humans do, when actually the human sex act is quite different from the norm (= it isn't over in a matter of seconds, permanent heat). Much less this obsession with hybridization being always possible.

EDIT: Btw, the Turian physique is a perfect example of why ME isn't hard sci-fi.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
When did Mass Effect start calling itself hard scifi?
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...allenges-sci-fis-greatest-achievements.69876/

Of course BSN thinks differently.
Not to be rude, or anything, but you don't have to do good research to discover that every single thing you have stated is...objectively incorrect? I can't think of a better statement to describe them. To start with, you just assert various things without justifying them in the least.

1) Walters didn't say that it's hard sci-fi. The Codexians just can't read.
He said that it's a sci-fi that somehow, subjectively, its boundaries can be seen by some as 'hard'.

2) Had Walters even actually said something like that, the problem is that he has been a lead writer for only the half of ME2 and ME3. Casey Hudson, however, the lead producer, who came up with the idea of the universe and worked with others to establish it properly, has specifically said that it's a homage to sci-fi shows from the 70s. Hell, Walters himself makes very specific allusions to Star Trek and Star Wars.

3) I expect them to learn to read English, for starters.

Kz3r0

Arcane
For anyone interested, Hoopy once implied that feminism is on par or worse than pedophilia.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
For anyone interested, Hoopy once implied that feminism is on par or worse than pedophilia.
He also considered women subhumans who shouldn't be allowed to vote or get out of the kitchen.

So in case he was a woman, she would have been batshit insane.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
He also considered women subhumans who shouldn't be allowed to vote or get out of the kitchen.

So in case he was a woman, she would have been batshit insane.
a woman wouldn't talk about her imaginary penis skin cracking

I mean, what the fuck

my source is the masturbation general discussion thread

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Not to be rude, or anything, but you don't have to do good research to discover that every single thing you have stated is...objectively incorrect? I can't think of a better statement to describe them. To start with, you just assert various things without justifying them in the least.

He said that it's a sci-fi that somehow, subjectively, its boundaries can be seen by some as 'hard'.

2) Had Walters even actually said something like that, the problem is that he has been a lead writer for only the half of ME2 and ME3. Casey Hudson, however, the lead producer, who came up with the idea of the universe and worked with others to establish it properly, has specifically said that it's a homage to sci-fi shows from the 70s. Hell, Walters himself makes very specific allusions to Star Trek and Star Wars.

I felt bad for the guy he was replying to. Like a bastion of sanity among retards.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

I felt bad for the guy he was replying to. Like a bastion of sanity among retards.
Yeah, that thread became quite painful to read by the end. Leave it to Biodrones to bend sanity like a pretzel.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Yeah, that thread became quite painful to read by the end. Leave it to Biodrones to bend sanity like a pretzel.

He mentioned making an account at Codex to lurk, so hopefully he has abandoned that hopeless place, and is happily perusing our threads.

Or
kj2Dl.png
now that he can see GD.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
While I was somewhat disappointed at the GD'ness of the last couple of pages I at least hoped this thread would have been sent into Retardo. Unfortunately, we seem to be back on the Bioware LOL topic.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
While I was somewhat disappointed at the GD'ness of the last couple of pages I at least hoped this thread would have been sent into Retardo. Unfortunately, we seem to be back on the Bioware LOL topic.
hey did you know the TORtanic managed to lose 400k subscribers in two months?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I wonder what lie they're gonna come up with now to prevent shareholders from panicking.

What was it the last time? Some bullshit about not all subscribers logging in at the same time? lolololol

Grim Monk

Arcane
Did a google search for: "mass effect" "collar grabbing"

Good to know where :lol: that meme come from...

random_encounter

Educated

I wonder what lie they're gonna come up with now to prevent shareholders from panicking.

What was it the last time? Some bullshit about not all subscribers logging in at the same time? lolololol
1.7 mil was reported as the max, so now it's down to 1.3mil. Listening to EA talk about it, their PR people must have briefed the execs on exactly what they should say. The 400k lost were those that only tried the game out and then left...not the "core" crowd. Also, after shedding all the temps, it was happily reported that the percentage of permanent subs went up. PR math is awesome.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Help design Mass Effect sneakers.

204747.jpg

Do you want some Shepard shoes? Tali trainers? Blasto brogues? Cerberus clogs? Miranda moccasins? Sovereign sandals? Garrus galoshes? Legion loafers? (ok, I'll stop now) Well, now you can let us know and help design them.

Tweak Footwear and our friends at the BioWare Store want to create Mass Effect inspired footwear and we want to let you design them. Check out Tweak Footwear's Facebook Page where you can download an app to help you design a pair of Mass Effect sneakers. You can submit drawings, write and describe your designs and more.

Help us create the first pair of Mass Effect sneakers.
smile.png

devil.png

de045b78.png
GEylI.gif

dextermorgan

Arcane
Oh, I disagree. You can reload the gun manually, using the wrong animation, even. If they added the game mechanic of being able to reload, why not actually make you reload? You have unlimited ammo in the prologue too (until you get to the scripted point where you run out of ammo), but you still have to reload when you exhaust a clip. Why not just do that for the ending too?
Instead, we're supposed to believe that the ending sequence gives you an unlimited ammo gun that can still be reloaded manually, using the wrong animation for that gun, for gameplay related reasons? Nu-uh.... It's a big honkin' clue, if you ask me.
Yeah. It's definitely a clue. For the clueless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom