Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Dead State Teaser Video Revealed

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That's kind of a disappointing trailer. Zombies eat people? That's good to know. I'd never have guessed that.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
It seems strange the zombies are seen on a television broadcast with no explanation. Perhaps it would make more sense, if it was a security camera watching the street? As for channel change static, I have seen a lot better on youtube. All you need to do is message people and most will help you with good settings.

And those noises at the start, are they supposed to be gunshots? They sound like wooden sticks banging together. I really can't tell, so that means you need better sfx.

Fix those issues and I think the video would be better received and you could include it in your game.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The colors are off. I'd expect the game to look something more like this:

1k8D7.jpg

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I'll donate to the game regardless, but it was kind of crappy. Too short and you're not a AAA title that's going to wow us with 5 seconds of in in game graphics alone. I really don't think making the graphics look worse on purpose with the fuzziness helps either. I could give a fuck about graphics but you might lose some people on kickstarter.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
You can't really go wrong if the trailer focuses on selling basic plot, gameplay aspects either.

It seems strange the zombies are seen on a television broadcast with no explanation. Perhaps it would make more sense, if it was a security camera watching the street?

Yup, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
But if it was a security cam, out goes the "technical diffuculties" idea.

Duckard

Augur
But what if the trailer reveals more information about how the game works? Think of all the things we'll be able to bitch about then.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
We'll definitely bitch no matter how the trailer comes out, but honestly from a marketing perspective this doesn't do much good to someone not familiar to the project already. They have said on the ITS boards that this won't be anywhere on the Kickstarter page so that's good. All they need to do is to try to copy Banner Saga's lead with some quick vids on different aspects of the game and verbally suck us off on the hardcore RPG/strategy stuff.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
It seems strange the zombies are seen on a television broadcast with no explanation. Perhaps it would make more sense, if it was a security camera watching the street?

Yup, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
But if it was a security cam, out goes the "technical diffuculties" idea.

Yes, that would have to go, unless the link to the camera was interrupted, or the camera operator is attacked and a splash of blood hits the screen.

Also, I would remove Double Bear at the end and put up a Dead State logo. They aren't selling Double Bear, they are selling Dead State.

The other thing they might considering doing, is adding Tex Murphy style elements to their game. There are a few amateur horror movie makers on youtube and you never know, they might be interested in helping out.

Edit:

Just saw felipepepe's second AoD video. Wow.

EG

Nullified
Or, for fuck sakes, incorporate the Double Bear logo into the Technical Difficulties message . . . A little creativity, plox.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Or, for fuck sakes, incorporate the Double Bear logo into the Technical Difficulties message . . . A little creativity, plox.
Makes sense....but on the other hand, handing the Codex a image of your company suffering technical difficulties seems very dangerous... :lol:

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
What's the point of these videos that show no gameplay?

Still, really excited about this.

Because it's kind of a big deal for what has been hailed as the new, trendy vapourware, to say "look! WE HAVE A WORKING ENGINE!".
Uh, we knew from the start that they were using the AoD engine, so that's still nothing new.

Oh, we did? Then... A way to say "Look! We have retextured and animated SOMETHING from the AoD engine!"

...I guess?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom