Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ubisoft further destroys Anno, Silent Hunter and Might & Magic.

Astral Rag

Arcane
"Ubisoft are putting a lot of stuff online. There’s Anno Online, Silent Hunter Online, and Might & Magic Heroes Online, and you can see a trailer for each of them downstairs. These are browser-based free-to-play reincarnations of the popular, long-time franchises. Do you want those then?"

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/15/ubisoft-classic-franchises-going-online-en-mass/

bonescraper

There won't be any new Silent Hunter games, so there's nothing left to destroy :roll:

Angthoron

Arcane
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
:mob:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
ubisoft heroically frees itself from market competition in city builder, sub sim and tactical fantasy genres

xilo3z

Educated
This is what I never fucking get. I'm fine with the whoring of DLCs and all that shit as the mindless consumer has constantly bent over and screamed for more... Can't fault businesses for taking advantage of them. But who the fuck has bent over and said "Shove Silent Hunter: Online Browser Extreme Edition into me!"... No body! No fucking one has ever even thought that. Farmville Mom is not screaming for Silent Hunter. There is no market for this. At all. Hell, Quake Live even tried for the browser-hardcore-crowd and after a year or so it lead to Carmack calling it a failure of a system. Who would think this as a good idea?! :( .... poor Silent Hunter...

Ubisoft. Fucking Ubisoft.

Angthoron

Arcane
Silent Hunter Online, early alpha Facebook screenshot:
battleship.jpg

I love how they act like all the platforms and game formats have exactly the same type of audience - like they can just change one into an online browser game and everyone will automatically appreciate it in exactly the same way.

It seems online browser gaming is going to come and go before I even have the chance to get into it.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
It seems online browser gaming is going to come and go before I even have the chance to get into it.

everyone should have one stint in tick-based web games like utopia

still very much about who you know or being lucky enough to find yourself in a good random group last I checked

it's probably all F2P crap now

though with the highest overall interaction possibility due to sheer userbase, I still think pvp-enabled doorgames are the purest form of competitive social 'web' gaming, insomuch as being the next logical step from bbses

Destroid

Arcane
Those tick based browser games are terrible, this was discovered over a decade ago with shit like archmage.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

I didn't play archmage so I can't say. I heard a lot about how you either joined the best clans or shouldn't bother playing, so I opted for the latter.

Oh yeah, and kingdom of loathing. That can be fun for a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom