Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Black

Arcane
Just fucking cooperate with that guy who makes Your World or whatever the fuck is its name.

crojipjip

Developer
Übermensch
Just fucking cooperate with that guy who makes Your World or whatever the fuck is its name.

Fuck it all. just get some zbrush donations in. rpgcodex start a zbrush donations drive. its the only missing piece to massive prototyping for me to get the game out in months rather than years

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Even after Fallout: New Vegas outsold Fallout 3.... Bethesda *logic*. :balance:

Keep in mind that while NV initially sold very well, it apparently sold less than F03 did.

It looks like NV didn't expand the fan base at all.

You'd have to have access to Steam and MS Live statistics to see which game was ultimately more popular with the masses.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Yes, it is confirmed that New Vegas sold more.

It's not just unit sold that determines the success of a game. Steam and MS Live could tell Bethesda how many gamers never got past the Primm before getting upset and quitting.

Those Steam and MS Live stats are gonna determine the future of the series.

I want NV to be the more popular game, but reading the FNV vs FO3 arguments on the web really makes me wonder.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yes, it is confirmed that New Vegas sold more.

It's not just unit sold that determines the success of a game. Steam and MS Live could tell Bethesda how many gamers never got past the Primm before getting upset and quitting.

Those Steam and MS Live stats are gonna determine the future of the series.

I want NV to be the more popular game, but reading the FNV vs FO3 arguments on the web really makes me wonder.

Well, of course bethtards could not get past Primm and of course bethesda is going to cater their intellingence level.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1. Unless Pete is a prophet then all that is is him hyping a cash cow.
2. VGchartz is shit.

Companies don't usually publicly release game sale numbers hence my skepticism.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
2. VGchartz is shit.

Skepticism of what? We have no proof that FO3 outsold New Vegas either. It is more likely that NV sold more because it was a sequel. Lots of consoletards probably got FO3 used because they had no idea what Fallout is.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
2. VGchartz is shit.

Skepticism of what? We have no proof that FO3 outsold New Vegas either. It is more likely that NV sold more because it was a sequel. Lots of consoletards probably got FO3 used because they had no idea what Fallout is.

I didn't say FO3 outsold NV. I myself spent more money on NV than I did on FO3 (got the collector's edition and actually paid for the DLC when they released it as a pack) even though I liked FO3 better. I'm just saying I've seen no convincing evidence that NV outsold FO3 so arguments along the lines of NV>FO3 are useless.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
I can find two things:

1) Pete Hines expected FO:NV to outsell FO3 even before it was released. You wouldn't doubt Pete, would you? http://www.computerandvideogames.com/246062/new-vegas-to-outsell-fallout-3-bethesda/
2) FO:NV outsold FO3 in the first week of its release. http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56728

http://au.gamespot.com/news/fallout-new-vegas-ships-5-million-6283689

There's gotta proper numbers somewhere.

Also, I'm getting the impression that PC copies make up a bigger proportion of their sales than what Bethesda claims.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
I can find two things:

1) Pete Hines expected FO:NV to outsell FO3 even before it was released. You wouldn't doubt Pete, would you? http://www.computerandvideogames.com/246062/new-vegas-to-outsell-fallout-3-bethesda/
2) FO:NV outsold FO3 in the first week of its release. http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56728

http://au.gamespot.com/news/fallout-new-vegas-ships-5-million-6283689

There's gotta proper numbers somewhere.

Also, I'm getting the impression that PC copies make up a bigger proportion of their sales than what Bethesda claims.

:rage:

fLaMbOaStiN said:
And as for which one i'd prefer, Fallout NV or FO3.. Hmm.. Well i'd defiantly say FO3 has a stronger main story line and is fleshed out very well thru the ton of DLC available for it.. But NV emphasizes more on exploreation and feels WAY more like a real post apocalyptic SIM/Game..

Fucking retards. NV barely has any real exploration in it with most locations on the map amounting to little more than a shack with a bottle of booze and some drugs in it whereas FO3 has a ton of sizable locations to visit. Meanwhile, FO3's story is utter shit while NV's is interesting and emotionally engaging. :smug: Fuck these morons.

Endemic

Arcane
NV barely has any real exploration in it with most locations on the map amounting to little more than a shack with a bottle of booze and some drugs in it

Last time I checked the Mojave desert wasn't full of stuff in real life... secondary dungeons\locations in FO3 were often copy-pasted sewers\metro anyway. Why would I want to wander round that crap? I'll give you that the western segment of the map should have been used and the lack of Legion content is a flaw, but New Vegas was developed in half the time vs Fallout 3.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
NV barely has any real exploration in it with most locations on the map amounting to little more than a shack with a bottle of booze and some drugs in it

Last time I checked the Mojave desert wasn't full of stuff in real life...

Maybe not, but the story takes place in and around fucking vegas. Vegas itself could've been much bigger. Plus, there were a lot of missed opportunities, like the other two bunkers near the BoS base. Could've turned those into dungeons instead of filling them up with concrete.

secondary dungeons\locations in FO3 were often copy-pasted sewers\metro anyway.

They were but they did a good enough of a job adding unique flavors to most of them that I didn't mind.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/yexpi/fallout_4_will_take_place_in_boston/
The rumors are true, Fallout 4 will take place in Boston. In case you haven't heard, Bethesda has recently been scoping out and researching Boston. They also have a strong connection to MIT. I may or may not be an MIT employee. But that's really all I can say for fear of losing my job.
I am telling you it will take place in Boston. Whether you believe me or not, how do you feel about a Fallout Boston?

salt according to taste

Endemic

Arcane
Maybe not, but the story takes place in and around fucking vegas. Vegas itself could've been much bigger.

The Strip or all the suburbs\ruins around it? If you want to complain about the scale, then you may as well ask why Jean Sky Diving isn't 20 miles walk from Goodsprings. Oblivion had a large map but it was largely pointless to trek across it.

Plus, there were a lot of missed opportunities, like the other two bunkers near the BoS base. Could've turned those into dungeons instead of filling them up with concrete.

I've already alluded to that (parts of the map that were empty). Good thing players can mod the game.

They were but they did a good enough of a job adding unique flavors to most of them that I didn't mind.

The New Vegas companion quests were very well done for the most part, and I'd take those over more dungeons when given the choice. Again, I can mod them in if I get bored.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/yexpi/fallout_4_will_take_place_in_boston/
The rumors are true, Fallout 4 will take place in Boston. In case you haven't heard, Bethesda has recently been scoping out and researching Boston. They also have a strong connection to MIT. I may or may not be an MIT employee. But that's really all I can say for fear of losing my job.
I am telling you it will take place in Boston. Whether you believe me or not, how do you feel about a Fallout Boston?

salt according to taste

I'm not surprised. "The Commonwealth" was foreshadowed in FO3. Expect more retarded "androids = African slaves" analogies.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
The Strip or all the suburbs\ruins around it? If you want to complain about the scale, then you may as well ask why Jean Sky Diving isn't 20 miles walk from Goodsprings. Oblivion had a large map but it was largely pointless to trek across it.

I'm not complaining about the scale, I'm complaining about the lack of large explorable locations/dungeons. The problem with the NV map wasn't that it was small, it was too empty for my tastes.

mod the game.

Mods do not factor when I give my opinion of games. Plus, most new location mods are just new fucking houses I don't actually need because Lucky 38 suits me just fine.

Endemic

Arcane
I'm not complaining about the scale, I'm complaining about the lack of large explorable locations/dungeons. The problem with the NV map wasn't that it was small, it was too empty for my tastes.

Well what kind of dungeons would you have preferred to be there? More caves? Bigger sewer network? More industrial facilities?

Mods do not factor when I give my opinion of games. Plus, most new location mods are just new fucking houses I don't actually need because Lucky 38 suits me just fine.

There are mods on the Nexus that add locations to the west of the map, IIRC one is called "Beyond the Borders". If you don't think mods add what you're looking for, then by all means, play Fallout 3 instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom