Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Plants vs. Zombies 2 announced

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No details other than Spring 2013 so not going to bother posting a link to one of the four sentence stories announcing it. The real question is: how will EA (who now owns Pop Cap) ruin Plants vs. Zombies? Awful PC support? Quick time events?! Gay romance?!?!

Peter

Arcane
Pre-order Plants Vs Zombies 2013 and get the "Return to Backyard" map pack DLC for free.

Only on Origin

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see it as an Origin exclusive. It's a rampantly popular title and could be used to foist Origin on people.

Peter

Arcane
Definitely. Maybe it'll be the killer app that Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 didn't turn out to be.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I wonder what took them so long. I mean, the first one was a big success, what's easier than to cash in on it by producing a sequel fast? All PvsZ players would be happy with more of the same just with more different plants and enemies.

Bulba

Learned
It's not like an overcompicated game, why does it take them so long to release it? It's a one guy job for 2 months at best if he has the engine and tools... surely EA will provide them.

Any reason why it should take loneger?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No idea. PvZ was released over three years ago and, as mentioned, was a huge multi-platform success. Why it took them this long is beyond me.

Turjan

Arcane
It's not like an overcompicated game, why does it take them so long to release it? It's a one guy job for 2 months at best if he has the engine and tools... surely EA will provide them.

Any reason why it should take loneger?
Well, they have to cut out all that content for later microtransactions. Making sure that the measly rest still runs isn't an easy task.

J1M

Arcane
No idea. PvZ was released over three years ago and, as mentioned, was a huge multi-platform success. Why it took them this long is beyond me.
When EA bought popcap they transitioned to making 1-minute versions of their classic games for facebook. Someone thought they would make a lot of money by selling high scores to women.

I'd rather see Peggle 3. Plants vs. Zombies is one of the few games that *only* works on a touchscreen.

Multi-headed Cow

I played and enjoyed and unhealthy amount of Peggle and PvZ, so I'd be happy with both. I wish they'd run a deeper sale on the Bookworm games on Steam, too. I wouldn't mind picking them up.

pipka

Savant
Fuck yeah! I'm so pumped. ~I don't want zombies on my lawn.~
Something's worthy the news coverage instead of all the weaboo crap weaboos shove down the throat these days.

J1M

Arcane
I'd rather see Peggle 3. Plants vs. Zombies is one of the few games that *only* works on a touchscreen.

Worked fine with M+K for me.
click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

Was Diner Dash your goty?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Certainly no more clicking involved than an ARPG. How much difference is there between a tap and a click, anyway? You're usually engaging the same finger muscle.

Bulba

Learned
Aparently they fired most of their staff now... looks like EA is planning on closing them down, so PvZ2 will be their last game. I wonder who will be first out of business bio or pop?

Multi-headed Cow

Aparently they fired most of their staff now...
But I thought Popcap was ridiculously successful.
ELECTRONIC AAAAAAAAAAAARTS! WHY DID YOU KILL A GOOD STUDIO LIKE POPCAP FASTER THAN A BAD ONE LIKE BIOWARE?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So they bought them to close them down? That's EA for you.

Tehdagah

Arcane
There's a rumor floating around... the game could be a shooter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom