Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix The World Ends With You Sequel Confirmed

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
The only Square game that I've liked in years is getting a sequel.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/

For those who are unaware, TWEWY was a DS RPG with a unique combat system. Your partner would fight on the top screen (Which you would effect by pressing shoulder buttons) and you would fight on the bottom through the stylus. Some people love the combat and some hate it, (Personally, I loved it) but it was definitely like nothing else.

It also contained the full extent of Nomura's aesthetic insanity with massive amount of belts and zippers everywhere, which for once, added to the game's style instead of detract.

We don't know what console this one will be on, though it is likely to be the 3DS or even the WiiU, now that it has that tablet thing.

(Oh, and if you're skeptical about this being a sequel, set your time zone to a zone that's on Day 5 of the counter. It's got a remix of a song from the game)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I cound't manage the combat system, either I would play the lower screen or the upper one, never both at the same time, so it felt like I was doing it wrong and sucking poretty bad at the game... :(

Repressed Homosexual
Oh dear I HATED, HATED this one. Stupid emo whiny self-centered, despicable twat as the main character, annoying twats as all the others, and a gameplay that consists in drawing over frogs with a stylus or something equally incoherent and inane. Urrgh.

deuxhero

Arcane
Don't get too excited, no CERO (even a pending) means this could just be a cellphone game (Yes, there have been teaser sites that would up being just cellphone games)

Yes, the story sucks, but once you get more pins active and some variety in how to activate them (doesn't take an hour), the combat is REALLY good.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Don't get too excited, no CERO (even a pending) means this could just be a cellphone game (Yes, there have been teaser sites that would up being just cellphone games)

Yes, the story sucks, but once you get more pins active and some variety in how to activate them (doesn't take an hour), the combat is REALLY good.

Would Square-Enix truly do such a horrible thing? I mean, removing the whole dual-screen thing would ruin the whole principle of the...

Right, Square-Enix...

deuxhero

Arcane

Would Square-Enix truly do such a horrible thing? I mean, removing the whole dual-screen thing would ruin the whole principle of the...

Right, Square-Enix...

Looks like we can possibly relax a bit : Metadata in the MP3 of the site says (in moon) "It's a Wonderful World 2"

Mind you this doesn't stop it from being an iPad game, but at least we know it isn't a port or spinoff.

Silellak

Cipher
I have an embarassing amount of love for this game. Not sure I want a sequel, but I'll try and be open minded.

TWEWY and Infinite Space were probably my favorite games on the DS, not that I really played it that much.

GreyViper

Prophet
Ugh didn't the world start ending when the dead came back, well the dead corpse of BIS came back, now is that the first sign?

Silellak

Cipher

TheOfficeNO.gif

deuxhero

Arcane
The translator for the first game on twitter says to wait for the countdown to finish and this is a "drip" instead of a "leak".

If this doesn't wind up being something good, Square's got a spot next to Capcom in my shitlist.

deuxhero

Arcane
Guess we can abaddon all hope for that Ogre Battle trademark too...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom