Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Game is gonna suck, but at least it'll have iconic companions.
Iconic? You mean... what? Generic knight dude? Elf girl who shoots a bow? Mage lady with a staff? Can't get much more iconic than walking archetypes, I guess.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
BioWare's term for lack of companion customization. But who knows, maybe that'll change with Dragon Age 3.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
BioWare's term for lack of companion customization. But who knows, maybe that'll change with Dragon Age 3.
They said armor will change appearance of every character, but differently (depending on class).

Stinger

Arcane
They said armor will change appearance of every character, but differently (depending on class).

It honestly sounds like even more work than before, there's got to be a catch- like there's only 5 armours or something BUT THEY LOOK ICONIC GUYS!

Cause that's what loot is for in RPGs right? To play dress up with your party?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Didn't the Infinity Engine games work that way, basically? Armor looked different on different classes.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It honestly sounds like even more work than before, there's got to be a catch- like there's only 5 armours or something BUT THEY LOOK ICONIC GUYS!

Something tells me that the microtransaction-tastic skins they sold for Mass Effect 2/3 and Dragon Age II were more successful than anyone here could fathom. :(

waywardOne

Arcane
Didn't the Infinity Engine games work that way, basically? Armor looked different on different classes.
If the classes (within each race) had their own animations, the armors were different by default. The downside is that many classes didn't have graphics for armors at all (no thief + plate, no mage + anything).

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane

Something tells me that the microtransaction-tastic skins they sold for Mass Effect 2/3 and Dragon Age II were more successful than anyone here could fathom. :(

I don't think they sold skins for Dragon Age 2, just item packs. Anyway, yeah, if each character will have different variations based on the same armour one has to wonder how many armour sets will be in the game, or how many will be sold as DLC.

Edwin

Scholar

kris

Arcane
I am waiting for when EA start having them make games in these franchises yearly.
Dragon age 2013, out soon! With a new roster of bicurious characters for the year!
Mass Effect 2014, to follow the succesful Mass Effect 2013, with slightly improved graphics and new cool death animations!

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Which is I am sure will be tragedy... For me atleast as Reading about Bioware (Social) Furrfaggotery was most entertaining. Loved how they leaked some juice on purpose to keep Biotards on hook and used their Ninja Lawyers few hours later to give it crediblity. Keep fighting the good fight and let the Steel be with you Biowhore. :hero:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom