Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Castanova

Prophet
Yesterday we were 8ppl max at one moment, so we'll try again today. Join channel "RPG Codex" on dota (press + in the upper right corner of the chat screen and enter the name or search for it).

I logged into the chat channel after work yesterday but all you clowns were sleeping/out drinking or something.

meh

Educated
Probably sleeping. Well, today Friday, no work tomorrow, hopefully we'll meet.
Currently, we are 4 people sitting in the chatroom with 5 other online / playing others games on steam. We need one more!

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Im rain8dome9 and i suck at dota 2. i would also prefer the chatroom be outside dota, like in steam, cause my poor laptop cant handle the extra resource use.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Welcome to the gang Dim, hope you don't get bashed instantly. Some of us can be quite harsh. :love:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Welcome to the gang Dim, hope you don't get bashed instantly. Some of us can be quite harsh. :love:

I dont bash new people that clearly state they are new and wish to learn. I bash noob that think they are the shit and then pick bounty hunter...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I asked GG mods to merge threads. Make sure you're on people's friendslist and hang around in channel RPG Codex and stuff if you want to play with codexers.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I left the new thread title, if you want to change it just ping me.

Humppaleka

Cipher
I dont bash new people that clearly state they are new and wish to learn. I bash noob that think they are the shit and then pick bounty hunter...
Luckily I never pick Bounty Hunter. :smug: I am THE shit though.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
o hey dota 2 zoom hacks ftw! If it works i may even be able to really play!!!!
I quit dota because of a despicable maphack which still plagues most of the servers back in w3. It removes the fog altogether, rendering the game unplayable!

:butthurt:
The inevitable confluence of synchronized simulations and no unhackable antihack program ('no uncrackable drm'). Certainly no fog takes alot out of the dota genera. Hon had this problem too but they fixed it.

Rpgsaurus Rex

iG winners of TI2, mark my words

ferrari and zhou are inhuman

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I watched - or, rather, listened the commentary while playing M&M VII - to IG-LGD loser bracket finals and what can I say... Now I kinda understand why chinese people can pull a 16+ hours working days on the assembly lines - hell, they probably enjoy it too.

Still. I'm glad that there were 3 games here, lasting 1 hour and 40&40 minutes, as that means they're gonna be kinda tired, if not exhausted in the finals.

meh

Educated
Sick games in overall during the playoffs, enjoyed this tournament a lot.

So, I actually went to watch the invitationals at the location for the last day. Kind of neat, but the ricing, oh god the ricing in the losers bracket final. Dem Chinese gold farmers, eh? A good spectator sport, this does not make, Valve. And the crowd was really only interested in cheering for Navi the last day, IG got a couple of cheers, but unless it was Navi doing something, the response was kinda meh. I mention this because it only really became fun when the crowd was into it. All the Navi games were therefore fantastic, and the chinese ones where they went Anti Mage and riced it up for 60+ minutes were slack jawed bore fests.There were also some weirdly bad plays, where people would just be sitting in their lane watching as a bunch of enemy heroes ran up to them and raped them. Or someone would be creeping while their team fought for their lives a mere screen away. Also, some pretty big ult whiffs. That said, the Finals definitely had some quality plays.

Then, after the last game, GABEN shows up, says 'great touney' and walks off. Didn't even hand anyone a check or anything. Then everyone, including the players on stage, just stood around, not really sure what to do, before being beckoned off stage as well. Well, they did all hold the aegis trophy for a bit, but whatever. Then everyone in the crowd just milled around in confusion before wandering back out towards the lobby, where they proceeded to shuffle side to side around a scattered array of TVs looping the top 10 plays video as the DJ blasted skrillex and one chick danced. Pretty abysmal for a world class, million dollar+ event.

On the plus side, they handed out some swag bags at check in, including some in-game items, a scarf, a weird straw/bottle thing, a leather bracelet with a dota symbol, some 'collectible' hero cards, and the bag itself, which is a drawstring pack.

Alright game mechanics question time! Whats the deal with certain jungle creep spawns at times not spawning at all? What is fairly obvious is that creeps will not spawn when some one is with in a certain distance from the spawn point. However occasionally they will not spawn at all, even at such a time that every one is on a lane for several consecutive minutes. This really only happens in spawn location #8 from my experience
SHQ3B.jpg

Some units do interfere with the spawn it would appear though, but it does not seem consistent at all. Is this some sort of bug or what? It is quite annoying as it removes an advantage of the safe lane.

Humppaleka

Cipher
The enemy often ward that spot to prevent them from spawning and being pulled. A good trick to know yourself too, we've been doing that with meh if we hard lane quite often, thought you'd know that by now. :rpgcodex:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I left the new thread title, if you want to change it just ping me.
Change it to "Dota 2 Discussion (Steam: Codex Diversity Squad)", please. If it's too long, cut the stuff in parenthesis.

Today's patch notes.

MEEPO, MOTHERFUCKERS
I'm gonna have to start playing bot matches to practice him :)

also
- Reduced opposing-team pause resume time down to 5 seconds (from 30 seconds).
will suck to play against meh and other unpausers now I guess :D

meh

Educated
:dance:

The patch is only for test client, right? Won't meepo reach normal client only next week?

Rpgsaurus Rex

Now a client crash, or some serious glitch needing a restart will p. much mean a loss... No idea what led Valve to this change.

Fully expecting to see Meepo beating Alchemist soon for the lowest % win in pubs.

:dance:

The patch is only for test client, right? Won't meepo reach normal client only next week?

tomorrow

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom