Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MORE - oldschool turn-based 4X space strategy game.

Destroid

Arcane
Seems like bad timing since Endless space just came out and they both claim inspiration from the same game.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Endless Space is boring, soulless and devoid of options - while this game is a) : x b) 10$ c) I like the name

will back.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm fucking tired of the 4X space genre at the moment. Just how many fucking games have been released in the last 6 years? Ok apart from a vast swathe of mediocrity some have indeed been very good, some ok, some with neat innovations but come on! There's more 4X space stuff coming out than almost any other genre. Even the FPS seems anemic on the ground as of late.

Why not make a Alpha Centauri for God's sake or even a decent Civ rival(as that series has really declined) for a change?

PS. Maybe I'd give this one more chance as it's by Poles and seems to have mutant potato aliens....

Raapys

Arcane
True, there have been many 4x games lately, but frankly I find just about all of them to be either lacking in depth, immediately boring or clones that are actually inferior to the original. Distant Worlds is the exception, but that one unfortunately fails to provide much of a challenge once you've a few games under your belt. Also, I've played it too much and I'm waiting for the next expansion.

These guys are saying the right things, though I'll be surprised if it turns out good given how many have failed before them. Then again, Polish creativity, German methodicalness and American...patriotism? Maybe it'll be a good match.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
starshiptroopers2.jpg

:lol:

Might turn out to be pretty nice.

DakaSha

Arcane
Everybody thought endless space was gonna be incline as well.

Talking a lot of shit is a lot different then actually making a agme.. But who knows. Some day we will have a good one.. maybe

kris

Arcane
Their presentation was okay. Turn-based battles. A 3d galaxy. possibly distinct races with different tactics? Sounds okay for me.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Aurora first needs to be playable at all and winnable. Or at least some goals.

Lyesmith

Liturgist
I'm fucking tired of the 4X space genre at the moment. Just how many fucking games have been released in the last 6 years? Ok apart from a vast swathe of mediocrity some have indeed been very good, some ok, some with neat innovations but come on! There's more 4X space stuff coming out than almost any other genre. Even the FPS seems anemic on the ground as of late.

Why not make a Alpha Centauri for God's sake or even a decent Civ rival(as that series has really declined) for a change?
Funnily enough, with this surge of 4x lately, I've got curious and started checkin' for more of them. Found this.

20120421005001.jpg

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seems like bad timing since Endless space just came out and they both claim inspiration from the same game.

Actually Pegasus something or other just came out, a broken, half-arsed mess which proves my point about the 4X genre becoming the equivalent of the multimedia shovelware garbage of the early 90's. Every year we seem to get several ever more rushed, buggy, unplayable, brain dead AI pieces of crap (BUT OFTEN WITH PRETTY GRAPHICS!!!) masquerading as a 4X game.

I'm tired of shitty small developers promising the world then not being able to deliver at the most basic level because they try to cram all these hyped up features and spend more time on graphics than actually making a decent working game.

Funnily enough, with this surge of 4x lately, I've got curious and started checkin' for more of them. Found this.

Hmm, actually seems like something in the vein of Alpha Centauri though with focus on Hex combat more than social engineering/diplomacy. Looks ok at any rate and certainly better this than another boring 4X game.

Lyesmith

Liturgist
Exactly. Read someone naming it successor to Alpha Centauri. Seems civ-like 4x on alien planet is enough comparison for some.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom