Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The post rating system has been removed.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Just so everyone is aware, we've removed the post rating system and will just keep regular brofists.

It's unfortunate because I know how popular it was, with over 80% of you voting in favour of keeping it in Haba's recent poll. I was willing to keep it personally, even though (as you can see) I voted against it in the poll.

Unfortunately, as some of you have noticed, the post rating system has put significant extra load on the server. I had hoped it was because I was raping the TCancer gallery re-building thumbnails over the passed couple of days, but it is clear now that that is not the case.

In fact, the post rating system added enough extra load that it would've meant bringing some server upgrades forward so that the server could handle it. And bringing those forwards for a post rating system is just not viable at this time.

As such, it is with great regret that I have removed the system. As I said, I was personally always against the system because to be honest, I really don't care how many people found my posts "funny" or "useful". We have a perfectly functional brofist feature for that, which should suffice. And if you really don't feel the need to reply, instead merely limiting yourself to rating someone "butthurt", then WTF r u doin heer anyway idk.

Again, I'd like to apologise to the over 200 of you who voted in favour of the system but it was simply unviable.

Perhaps, some time in the future, we'll be able to bring it back when we have sufficient server resources.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Best news of the day. Someone in that thread was marking just about every post either butthurt or retarded. I think it was really starting to piss people off.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just so everyone is aware, we've removed the post rating system and will just keep regular brofists.

It's unfortunate because I know how popular it was, with over 80% of you voting in favour of keeping it in Haba's recent poll. I was willing to keep it personally, even though (as you can see) I voted against it in the poll.

Unfortunately, as some of you have noticed, the post rating system has put significant extra load on the server. I had hoped it was because I was raping the TCancer gallery re-building thumbnails over the passed couple of days, but it is clear now that that is not the case.

In fact, the post rating system added enough extra load that it would've meant bringing some server upgrades forward so that the server could handle it. And bringing those forwards for a post rating system is just not viable at this time.

As such, it is with great regret that I have removed the system. As I said, I was personally always against the system because to be honest, I really don't care how many people found my posts "funny" or "useful". We have a perfectly functional brofist feature for that, which should suffice. And if you really don't feel the need to reply, instead merely limiting yourself to rating someone "butthurt", then WTF r u doin heer anyway idk.

Again, I'd like to apologise to the over 200 of you who voted in favour of the system but it was simply unviable.

Perhaps, some time in the future, we'll be able to bring it back when we have sufficient server resources.
i rate the above :M

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
Which is better, the new system or the old one?
* I love the new system, please, please, please keep it! 211 vote(s) 81.2%
Meh, what was wrong with just having brofists? 49 vote(s) 18.8%

:troll:

Humppaleka

Cipher
Humppaleka is pleased of this turn of events. The ratings provided some tasty butthurt though.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Meh. It would've been more entertaining if it wasn't like the third time DU just switches the numbers. The old Fate Of The Honourblade trick was more fun.

Anyway massive :incline: I propose a drink to Taluntain's gold-studded marble bath, which ensured that not enough monay was left for the server costs, and therefore brought about the demise of the rating system.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Pity it had to go because of server load, rather than due to being completely retarded (yeah, right), but good news either way. Huzzah!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
311125.jpg

Repressed Homosexual
This is very Ingsoc like as well... when Winston changes the chocolate ratio from 30 grams a weeks, to having gone up to 20 grams a week, and Eastasia going from foe to always having been an ally at the end.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah the site was running so damn slow with that rating system. Now it is running much faster.

Angthoron

Arcane
Perhaps someone will gift another shitty mod to Codex come Christmas...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom