Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian Reveals 'Project Eternity' - Kickstarter Live

Art Vandelay

Prophet
carmen-anti-dd.jpg

Just say NO!!!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It will obviously easily pass the goal, question is what stretch goals will be reached as well. The usuals of different OS like Mac and Linux (don't care either way) as well as languages (don't care either, fuck if I want to play the game translated/raped into German) are a given I guess.

Apart from that I can't quite say what I'd really like to see (not "make it not buggy as fuck" which Obsidian couldn't deliver anyway :trolllolo:. Maybe just "more non-mandatory side quests"?
"We’ve also designed the game to have a flexible budget and scope, so if we reach our target budget goal, we have a list great stuff we can add into the mix through stretch goals. And, additional money we raise will go straight into the game to add new levels, companions, NPCs, features, and even entirely new parts of the world which will add hours and hours to the adventure."

New parts of the world sounds pretty cool.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will ask on the forums if they would consider adding more taverns.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Do we really need MOAR taverns? A proper Codex building should be a house of ill repute.

kaizoku

Arcane
Screw taverns, ask if they would consider adding a clan of tranny trolls living in a sewer that wear fancy top hats and constantly bicker about "how everything is shit".
Fixed it.
Makes sense since they are living in a sewer cesspool.

Mortmal

Arcane
So thats set, an underground brothel of tranny trolls, accessible by the sewers . I dont think we should have to pay for it, after all the free advertisements we are giving them, spreading words to friends and such, our obsidian bros could do it pro bono .

They love money and know that you can make money by filling the old-school hole but I'm alright with that: I'll give them money even if I'm not sure that their reasons are pure (never forget that I'm a musician and work with major label companies: I know all this shit). Fuck purity, bring on the tainted old-school crack.

PS: Let us fucking dream and say PS:T, IWD in your marketing stances. NEVER EVER bring GTA or Sim City in your bullshit: you'll lose everything.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
"you know, this kickstarter thing has reached a stagnation point, and..."

WA-BAM! Almost all of the million dollars in a day.
So, Wasteland 2 or project eternity, what creams your pants more & why? Discuss!

On a semi-related note, I would personally prefer an Arcanum 2 to Dead State for a Kickstarter, but...

Other seriousness: this kickstarter page is a bit more dry than the other big projects. I think that's good.
Aside from the gratuitous box shots of glories accosted to their more debatable titles, they say "It's a new-ish
mashup of your favourite Infinity Engine games", and little else. And I hope that's exactly that.

If the good games were few, why revonating? Is it indispensable?

kaizoku

Arcane
"you know, this kickstarter thing has reached a stagnation point, and..."

WA-BAM! Almost all of the million dollars in a day.
So, Wasteland 2 or project eternity, what creams your pants more & why? Discuss!

On a semi-related note, I would personally prefer an Arcanum 2 to Dead State for a Kickstarter, but...

Other seriousness: this kickstarter page is a bit more dry than the other big projects. I think that's good.
Aside from the gratuitous box shots of glories accosted to their more debatable titles, they say "It's a new-ish
mashup of your favourite Infinity Engine games", and little else. And I hope that's exactly that.

If the good games were few, why revonating? Is it indispensable?

Well, from the concept art on the video, the game does have weapons. Maybe it will have engines and steam and punkú too.
That doesn't make it Arcanum.
But I'm glad Tim will be working on it and adding his bits.

I'm expecting for them to milk through the hype with updates, if they're wise.
That's the way KS works anyway.

It's like if I created a band called The Brian Fargo Wasteland Experience and said: "Mate, we're like Revolver, Exile on main Street, White light/White heat and In a silent way" and then "Yo it's turning great, it sounds like Beyonce and Lady Gaga!".

Fucking greedy critters. At first they're sincerely trying and then they see the great huge pie and become gremlins.

Smarts

Scholar
They might be going pretty heavy on the ethical philosophy in this one, even more so than usual.

"One good life. One extraordinary life. What levy must be paid for such a thing?

If the gods won't answer, it's for us to decide.

That's some existentialist shit right there in the 'box quote'. Might need to break out my copy of Ethics for Dummies again.

Gozma

Arcane
You can totally avoid romances in Torment (if you call that kiss a romance).

Honestly I always just happened upon that as a result of mining companion conversation for XP. Knowing the people making the game I'd wager this type of thing will be included but likely incidental and nowhere near as derpy and juvenile as Bioware's sad implementation.

My favorite interpretation of the Annah romance is that you are reiterating the Pragmatic Incarnation's use of Deionarra for his own ends by using Annah to get mechanical XP boosts and thief skill bonuses.

Gozma

Arcane
They might be going pretty heavy on the ethical philosophy in this one, even more so than usual.

"One good life. One extraordinary life. What levy must be paid for such a thing?

If the gods won't answer, it's for us to decide.

That's some existentialist shit right there in the 'box quote'. Might need to break out my copy of Ethics for Dummies again.

Pretty sure that's Kickstarter-RPG-as-mythos. As in one extraordinary life is worth $65 to me for a boxed copy, get it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom