Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age III: Inquisition Announced - Open Letter From Executive Producer

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 3; Dragon Age III: Inquisition; Mark Darrah

Dragon Age III: Inquisition was just announced via an open letter from Bioware's executive producer Mark Darrah.

Here's a TL;DR snipper from his not-very-informative letter:

So here's what I can confirm for now:

• The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.
  • We won't be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.
  • This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It's composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.
  • We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armor and followers… Yeah, that kind of customization. We've started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.

You can read the rest of the letter at the newly launched website (which for now only contains the open letter).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Fuck those losers. Thankfully Obsidian's making the kind of game we wanted in the first place, instead of yet another shitty action game. Good riddance Bioware.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
7ca.gif

Will Bioware deliver?

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Can I finally become a dragon?

This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It's composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.
:eek:

We won't be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.
Story will be available in preorder day-one DLC!

A new fuel for at least 100 pages in Bioware/Mass Effect thread. :love:

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Why announce a game with an open letter to the fans instead of, you know, an announcement? My impressions is that open letters to the fans usually used to add that personal touch to corporate damage control efforts after a colossal fuck-up?

Hmmm...Maybe Bioware has decided to focus on their core competencies by directing resources to their "apologizing for shitty games" unit and cutting out the capital intensive "making shitty games" division that's dragging their margins down?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It's amusing watching Bio try so hard to salvage this shit franchise.
You remember how Dragon Age: Origins was announced?
The spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate! Super cool new fantasy franchise - injected with grimdark matureness!

Hey, that reminds me of another very recent game announcement.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
bioware said:
We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver [...] more reactivity to player choices
that'S right. bioware writers always wanted to deliver meaningful consequences to player choices, but couldn't due to technical limitations of the previous engines. so sad when your writing is too awesome for currently available technology to handle it.
Thankfully Obsidian's making the kind of game we wanted in the first place
i'm fairly certain that i neither wanted fantasy nor rtwp.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
inb4 bioware kickstarter

"we wish to bring back the glory days of romantic role-playing games (RRPGs), since the sad tide of oldschool kickstarters has pushed the genre into a fringe existence, all but extinct"

GLORIOUS

Untermensch

Augur
:bounce:
This means more cringe-worthy dialogue to laugh at, more cheesy romances to mock, more betrayed and butthurt biotards screaming at the company.
How can anyone not want another bioware game? The amount of entertainment it provides is truly majestic.

Of course, I won't be paying a dime for that entertainment :smug:

Kron

Arcane
I AM CONFUSE.

Bioware needs a new engine to deliver meaningful player choices?
Armor and companion customization = RPG?

For fuck's sake, just die Biowhore.

Good thing Obsidian will make a real RPG, clearly aimed at very different objectives, right?

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
So... this line was meant to appease someone? Like who? The "old school" DA1 fans?

This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It's composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.

Nice way of putting your hands forward.

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom