Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decisive Campaigns : Case Blau

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
Hello,

My first post here :) Didn't see any posts on Decisive Campaigns : Case Blau, even though supposedly it's a really well made game (even better than War in the East some people say, even though the scope is different). Was wondering if any of you have played it, and would recommend it to a fan of the Eastern front.

Thanks.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It's an improvement over the already quite impressive Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris. Fits neatly into the Smolensk '41 and Stalingrad niche of wargaming qua scope but has some rather fresh mechanics. Easy to pick up if you can handle stuff like WITE as well.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Didn't get it because I'm broke lately. Still, might be interested in buying the game at some point. Care to elaborate more about it? I'm especially interested in those fresh mechanics you are talking about.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Cards that your officers can play which convey bonuses, prestige points that you can spend for special bonuses or troops and the like and high command orders that you must make but that you can spend also points on to make less pressing. It's quite an elegant system and works splendid with the basic wargame it's integrated into.

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
For anyone interested, there is a 25% off coupon going around for this great game till October 5th.

Just thought I would say a quick piece here;

I used one of my coupons to get Warsaw to Paris. Been playing it at every opportunity, and it is a blast. Case Blue will be purchased shortly.

If you enjoy hex wargaming, really, this game engine does it brilliantly. Easy to learn and play, while still having plenty of details and issues to sweat about. Just what the doctor ordered. Very much looking forward to heading East after I have finished on the Western front.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom