Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information New Codex Eternity Rewards: In-game Presence, Chris Avellone Trolls and Signatures

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Chris Avellone; Codex Eternity Fundraiser; Kickstarter; Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity

UPDATE 15th Oct: $8,146.01 USD raised!!

UPDATE 14th Oct: $7,344.21 USD raised. Ooohh!

UPDATE 13th Oct: $6,593.21 USD now raised, 132% of the initial goal! Can we get to the $7,000? Can we?!

UPDATE 12th Oct: $5,699.21 USD now raised, can we reach the $6,000?! Stay tuned!

UPDATE 11th Oct: Success! We have now raised $5,045.71. I've also had a look and we can donate directly to P:E from the Codex' PayPal account through Obsidian's website. Previously I would have had to transfer the funds to my own account (3-5 days) and then from there, pay the KickStarter. As we can do it directly - and as the PayPal option is likely to be open for a while longer yet - we'll let it run for those few of you who still reckon you're going to contribute.

As you know, we have this ongoing Codex Fundraiser for Project Eternity that you can donate to. I'm pleased to announce that Obsidian Entertainment have agreed to provide even more bonus incentives for Codex donors, in the form not only of custom trolls drawn by Chris Avellone (that you can use as your forum avatar or just to show it off to your friends) but also personal forum signatures written by Chris and unique in-game presence within the confines of the Codexian party of adventurers. Also, custom trolls are now a bit more affordable, and Obsidian Entertainment will give us 30 digital copies of the game so we can distribute it among top 30 donors. Aside from that, here's the full list of what you get when you donate:
  • Donate $50 or more: You¹ will be mentioned in a book, scroll or letter that the Codexian party is carrying
  • Donate $100 or more:You¹ will become a part of the backstory (lore description) of an item/piece of equipment belonging to the Codexian party
  • Donate $150 or more: You¹ will become a standard (non-epic) item that a party member is carrying
  • Donate $200 or more: Custom troll drawn by Chris Avellone + You¹ will become a (non-epic) piece of equipment, excluding weapons, that a party member is carrying
  • Donate $250 or more: Custom troll drawn by Chris Avellone + Short humorous forum signature written by Chris Avellone + You¹ will become a (non-epic) weapon that a party member is carrying
  • A digital copy of the game if you're among top 30 backers (currently you need to donate at least $21 to be in top 30)
  • All donors will receive the
    race_title.png
    campaign tag, so that you can be clearly identified as a backer forever! See Jaesun's profile for example
  • One month ad-free Codex browsing for every $5 you contribute (So $15 = 3 months ad-free and so on)
¹ "You" = a fantasy variation on your forum or real name, or any name of your choice suitable for a fantasy game. You can think it up yourself, or just provide Obsidian writers with your forum/real name and let them do their job.

NB: Naturally, you'll get to voice your wishes on the design/description of your item/weapon/equipment.

If we fail to reach $5000, we'll go for one or two NPCs that can still be the locus of your in-game presence, according to the above tiers.

And FFS include your username in the note / message area.​

Deleted member 7219

Not a fan of the 'Race Traitor' tag. Way to reinforce the Codex's reputation as a den of racists and scumbags.

Good work on all the rest, though. I'll donate a little something next week when I get paid, I'm already a donator on the Kickstarter page so I'm just doing it to help out.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Not a fan of the 'Race Traitor' tag. Way to reinforce the Codex's reputation as a den of racists and scumbags.

Good work on all the rest, though. I'll donate a little something next week when I get paid, I'm already a donator on the Kickstarter page so I'm just doing it to help out.

Oh come now! JOIN THE RACE TRAITORS!

We have free beer on Wednesday's! HOW CAN YOU PASS THAT UP?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Will this run for as long as the KS runs? I'm saving my 250 boxed signed collector's pledge for the last week. I guess 250 + 30 (international shipping) + 50... 330! That's like buying a god damn, uhhhh, gaming console or something!
I got my character name into Arcanum without paying a dime, but I suppose 50 doolars isn't so bad - it's for a good cause after all. But since I want my collector's, I'm still gonna be a jew about this until perhaps the last few hours of KS.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I've updated the donor list by donation tier. At this stage, you loot the party and find:

Sword of Jaesun
Spectacle's Sceptre
Mace of Nemeziz

Loin cloth: With the name "hedetet" written on them.
Belt: A leather belt, a stamp on the backside says "Manufactured by Kniven".
Locket: Inside is a picture with the name "Rane" beneath.
Book: Written in an unknown language, inside the cover is writtern "Property of Utz".

A scroll, which lists the following names:
  • barghest
  • 4too
  • SuicideBunny
  • hakuroshi
  • serch
  • Aldebaran

Incidentally, all this name-dropping is going to get stupidly retarded at some point.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
DU you should be careful or you'll sprain your vagina bitching about this game.

Just out of curiosity how much say do you have in your MCA avatar? And Paco's Codpiece of Vigor sounds good to me.

edit: Can we make the equipment/weapon suggestion or is this something Obsidian will create? I get them needing final say but if I want to be a codpiece (belt) that should be taken under advisement.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
All those who donate will have final say in whatever it is they want in the game to represent them. Anything by me is just throwing ideas around and shouldn't be taken seriously.

MCA pretty much draws whatever avatar you want.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
edit: Can we make the equipment/weapon suggestion or is this something Obsidian will create? I get them needing final say but if I want to be a codpiece (belt) that should be taken under advisement.

Yeah. It's in the OP: "Naturally, you'll also be able to voice your wishes and suggestions on the design/description of your item/weapon/equipment."

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Yeah. It's in the OP: "Naturally, you'll also be able to voice your wishes and suggestions on the design/description of your item/weapon/equipment."

Well the OP was pretty 'wordy'. Hard to take it all in in one reading.

meh

Educated
RAISED: $2,193.56 USD ... I'd only donate if we get to the 5k, otherwise I don't see the point to drop 250$

Visbhume

Prophet

Yeah.

If I were Obsidian, I wouldn't accept any money pledged collectively in the name of the Codex: it could drift too easily into a public relations headache.

meh

Educated
RAISED: $2,193.56 USD ... I'd only donate if we get to the 5k, otherwise I don't see the point to drop 250$
There is no point of you donating if we reach 5k without you.
Sorry, what I meant is - if the current sum was 4k or near the target goal, I'd instantly donate. 250$ is like a minimum monthly wage in my third-worldian country, therefore I am quite wary of my potential donation (yes, 250$ or nothing).

Syl

Cipher
Let me try for something less retarded for a community tier.

Pledge $1,000 or more

COMMUNITY TIER - A reward specifically designed for communities (websites, forums, etc...).
The name and logo of your favorite community will appear in the OPENING CREDITS of the game! Additionnally all previous rewards are available for individual donators at double the price. For example, if you choose to donate $40 through your community, you will receive a DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF PROJECT ETERNITY ($20 tier reward) or for $280 you will receive the COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX ($140 tier reward). International shipping included for all tiers.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
THE SWORD OF JAESUN!

:yeah:

You are selfish, I would go for: Whip of Herve or Fiery Axe of Greg (if I had the money that is).

Edit:

Whip of Herve - has an increased multiplier, but a chance to strike back with an even bigger crit multiplier and increased crit chance.

Fiery Axe of Greg - a very slow hitting weapon, but with decent damage and fire damage. Slays enemies with Int less than certain amount instantly, setting them on fire.

Flyns spell book of profanity, where you can get curses that can be found only in this book.

Majestic flute of Peter. It's a flute that makes your enemies drool, follow your every command and reduces their Int by a sizable amount.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Mace of Nemeziz Semper

doh, i've hacked my brother's paypal acc so the credit's all mine! please update your donor list accordingly :D
btw i would like to go for a more legendary event to name my weapon:

axe of herve's downfall - this ceremonial weapon is made out of sharpended obsidian by the elven glanfathers.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Let me try for something less retarded for a community tier.

Pledge $1,000 or more

COMMUNITY TIER - A reward specifically designed for communities (websites, forums, etc...).
The name and logo of your favorite community will appear in the OPENING CREDITS of the game! Additionnally all previous rewards are available for individual donators at double the price. For example, if you choose to donate $40 through your community, you will receive a DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF PROJECT ETERNITY ($20 tier reward) or for $280 you will receive the COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX ($140 tier reward). International shipping included for all tiers.

Incidentally, all this name-dropping is going to get stupidly retarded at some point.

Yeah, I also think it would be much better to get digital copies and boxed copies depending on your donation. Cramming hundreds of names in the codex adventuring party is going to end up being retarded and also bear in mind that some codex donors will prefer to donate through codex only and not the KS.

EDIT:
what happens if we don't reach the 5000 goal ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom