Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm thinking about it but at this point I'd only want Warlock out of it. Rather just wait for it to drop to $5 versus trying to sell off the other games in the pack. For anyone who doesn't have (and want) those other games that's a huge steal.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The new Indie Gala has a few really good Wargame/strategy things. Pay just a dorra for hard core simulation goodness with Dangerous Waters(works on Steam for the Steamfags) or the 7 dorra to get Achtung Panzer Operation Star as well(these two are worth the price of admission alone). You also get Space Empires V and some other crap. ghost Master and Sacred Gold are ok I guess.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ehh I'll just wait for the inevitable GOTY version. Shogun certainly is an incline over recent TW games but still deserves only purchase for having the complete game together in one spot.

Overboard

Arcane
Anyone able to give a quick rundown of the games? I might pick this up if 3-4 games are decent.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Two Worlds is pretty good if you like open world action derpgs, I've heard good stuff about Gorky 17 too on the rpg front.
Earth 2160 is good, Knights and Merchants is old, clunky and very hard but it is actively modded by the remake community, worth checking out. The rest of the bundle is propably dogshit.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Enclave is pretty fun action game, its most similar to Rune or Severance.

Septerra Core is decent RPG.

Gorky 17 is great.

Earth 2160 is ok.

Two Worlds is worthy only if you really like exploration, since pretty much everything else is sub par in the game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's not worth 15$ no matter how you slice it. Though Gorki 17 may be worth 5$ on its own.

But these are all the kind of games that you'd get for free in a video-game magazine with the DVD. Three years ago. Not worth it.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
GOG D&D sale
http://af.gog.com/en/promo/hasbro_stacking_promo?as=1649904300

Groupee bundle
Build A Bundle is Back! Customize your Bundle. Choose from: Secret of the Magic Crystals PC + MAC ( Steam Key + DRM- Free), Detour PC (Steam Key only), Omegalodon PC + MAC (Desura Key + DRM free), War in a Box: Paper Tanks PC + Mac (Desura key), APOX PC (Steam Key only), CreaVures PC + Mac (Steam Key + DRM-Free), Chrome + SpecForce PC (Steam Key Only), Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World PC+ Mac (Steam Key Only), 99 Levels to Hell PC+ Mac (Desura Key) $1.50 minimum/ Benefits Child's Play Charity. Get it HERE

and anime romance bundle
Winter Wolves Manga Game Bundle is Live! Get it HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus

Cipher
GOG is having a Square-Enix 60% off promo.

And no, it doesn't get more expensive as you select fewer games. It's the good kind of sale.

http://af.gog.com/en/promo/square_enix_weekend_promo_28_09_12/?as=1649904300

Games include the Thief series, the Legacy of Kain series, and MOTHERFREAKING ANACHRONOX! Woohoo! :D

Humppaleka

Cipher
Yeah wanted to grab that Anachronox as I just couldn't be arsed to make it work on win7. Also Pandemonium because memories. :love:

Multi-headed Cow

Use code OS3874XVC to get any $20 or less EA game on Origin for free. Apparently earlier it was bugged and was infinite use so people plundered Origin viciously, but by the time I heard about it it was down to just one game and one use.

Still, now I legitimately have Dragon Age 2, best RPG combat in a decade and if not the greatest RPG story, the greatest RPG storytelling. Also good game for Konjads. :kfc:

dragonfk

Erudite
Still you have to install Origin. And that my friend is a big no no for anyone with at least one good brain cell :) .

Pegultagol

Erudite
I got Battlefield Bad Company 2... don't need to install Origin to purchase a title. Either a desperate move on the part of EA to make Origin go supernova or in celebration of the anticipation of Project Eternity reaching its 3.5 million dollar milestone.

dragonfk

Erudite
But if I'd want to download and play the game I believe I would have to install Origin. Correct?

Kitako

Arcane
Still you have to install Origin. And that my friend is a big no no for anyone with at least one good brain cell :) .
Free is still a price too high to install Origin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom