Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bioware Talks Mass Effect 4 without Shepard

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Thirded. Also, I lol'd. Bioware is dead. ME4 will be shit.

Harold

Arcane
Talk about wishful thinking. This implies they'll actually be around long enough to do ME4, which they won't. Not after DA3: Liquidation.

TNO

Augur
^^ Although, if they do go under, I wouldn't be surprised that whoever swallows them up will want to use the ME IP. The universe absolutely screams MMORPG-fodder, and it isn't like their tru fans would mind if they just retconned the ending/set it before the reaper stuff.

I only pray that if ME4 comes out, @RK-47 will LP it for us.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
One thing that might make it interesting is if they went the Privateer route somehow. But that's not really in the mold of Bioware Heroic Epicness so I doubt that.

racofer

Thread Incliner
If BiowarEA sets this game into the future, it makes sense that you play as Liara. Then we can import our saves from ME1/2/3 into it and have a majestic scene where Liara is still mourning Shepard's death 200 years after. Something like this:

o0c5l5.jpg

But now that we know BiowarEA is butthurt over seeking inspiration from Bethesda's commercial techniques, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if ME4 turned out to be more like this:

2aipmpl.jpg

A majestic free roaming sci-fi fantasy game set in the deep, vast Mass Effect™ universe.

However, if BiowarEA handled this game over to Obsidian, we would have something more along the lines of this:

dzgx6t.png

Which could be awesome, but we all know it's never happening since BiowarEA would never recognize failure violate their artistic integrity.

But, in truth, what all Codexers want is this:

1zvsos3.jpg

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
They need to just hire the Sengoku Rance devs and make a visual novel dating/rape sim. Doubt anyone who still gives a legitimate shit about the games wants anything more, and they'd save a ton of money by cutting out the already pointless "gameplay".

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
The way Phineas was using it, combined with the decline emote, it was like he was upset about it.

We don't use the chik-nig in anger or sadness, only happiness.

It is the codex way.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Talk about wishful thinking. This implies they'll actually be around long enough to do ME4, which they won't. Not after DA3: Liquidation.

Don't be so hasty.
After being liquidated, their molten essence will be used to construct a bio-reaper, which in turn would be the basis for ME4.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
They have yet to be liquidated however.
EA is a publicly traded company, meaning that when they do something big like that, it needs to be explained.
Haven't made any explanations, statements, or released minutes of it as of yet, or discussed in their financial statements.
Therefore, at least officially, Bio ain't liquidated yet.

Sul

Savant
So long they go back to the expansive and cold atmosphere of Mass Effect 1. I'm tired of all this brown and bloom pretentious bullshit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'll play it.

Flawed as fuck and downhill from the first, yes, but these games are still better than a lot of other crap out there lately.

Tigranes

Arcane
Company making games I don't give a shit about announces another game I don't give a shit about.

Surprised at the discontent, either you liked ME (in which case, this is good news), or you didn't, in which case you know now to have zero expectations of Bioware making what you like.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
This surprises anyone? Wasn't this exactly what was predicted when Bioware joined up with EA - annual or bi-annual, increasingly shitty, sequels to their "big" series. This milking will go on until its not profitable at which point Bioware will dissolve into the night and EA will start looking for a new cashcow.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Alright, taking bets now.
How long until Bioware is officially dissolved? Two bad sequels? One? More?
We won't use months or years like we did with Iply that's too vague and not how Bio will die.
We'll use games, most assuredly sequels, because that's going to be Bio's way of making games from now on.
No way EA will let whomever designs shit go off the rails for that.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Codexers have been predicting BIO's doom for enarly 15 eyars now. L0L

eVENTUALLY, YOU MGIHT BE RIGHT. eVENTUALLY.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom