Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bioware Talks Mass Effect 4 without Shepard

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Never cared for ME so I never got the races. Do they have hobbits?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Never cared for ME so I never got the races. Do they have hobbits?

Yes.

4kls.png

waywardOne

Arcane
EA is data mining gaming sites to see what the vibe is re(colon) ME4. You'll be seeing every conceivable theme and mechanic getting "leaked" with the sole purpose of seeing if it generates interest.

[wtf. my colon+M is a parrot.]

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
EA is data mining gaming sites to see what the vibe is re(colon) ME4. You'll be seeing every conceivable theme and mechanic getting "leaked" with the sole purpose of seeing if it generates interest.

[wtf. my colon+M is a parrot.]

At first I thought you were talking about the other kind of colon. I think it can also be easily used in conjunction with ME.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Whatever the protagonist, the game will still consist of horrible Asperger stereotypes dressed in battle armor droning into your ear endlessly about things presenting no interest to any sane human being.

As you enter this exciting sci-fi world and think "where's a place of interest like a bar or a space dock or something", instead you will be forced to complete a quest which teaches you how to pick up objects, and then listen to a lecture about vast history of Mass Effect universe.

Then you'll be offered to clear a spider infestation by a droning engineer of some sort, who will promise you a reward equally unexciting and vague. When you choose "No, I don't accept the quest", your character will say "I don't think so", and then the cutscene will say "But you must" and then you will say "Fine I'll do it for the Federation", and then the control will be returned to you so you can run down a corridor to the basement, because all the other doors will be locked.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Funny thing is, somewhere deep in the bowels of the ME setting, floats a long forgotten fetus of an interesting sci-fi story, that could one day be a decent cRPG.
However, I'm not expecting anything more than juvenile soap opera drama from Bioware

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wake me up when they confirm gay furry romance options. Until then?
:keepmymoney:

Funny thing is, somewhere deep in the bowels of the ME setting, floats a long forgotten fetus of an interesting sci-fi story, that could one day be a decent cRPG.
However, I'm not expecting anything more than juvenile soap opera drama from Bioware

Mass Effect 5, made by Obsidian.

waywardOne

Arcane
Yeah, I can't believe I was looking forward to ME2 to see how they would improve the mechanics and flesh out the story. Like discovering your surprisingly attractive blind date is actually a tranny with AIDS.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
ME3 was mega :troll: after I spent 80 hours doing ALL side and loyalty quests to have A-TEAM, they released mega epic majestic Game with half the number of companions and half of them new too: :4/5: Sadly it won't work with ME 4.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Spoilers about what they could do with this game;

Prequel: Stuck in reaper cyclus till the shepard era; makes no sense
Sequel: Either go with 'red' ending and reduce technological advance of the galaxy to a minimum or fuck all the lore in the ass by going with the 'green' or 'blue' ending. Or make a douchebag-fag combination ending sequel with many romances.

cant wait for this goty 2015

Oesophagus

Arcane
Or just make a sequel which takes no account of the "endings", and go for that ol' chestnut "we forgot"

Stinger

Arcane
Mass Effect is beneath Obsidian. I'd rather their writing was put towards Eternity games or an original sci-fi series instead.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
They did DS3 and are doing SP. Nothing is beneath them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom