Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Murk

Arcane
Keldorn was worse, Gromnir actually would make sense every now and again. Not too condone people diving into lala-land but if the guy somehow finds it helps this otherwise dreadful life be more tolerable then fuck, let him LARP a bit.

The Barbarian larped too, and he was a true bro.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I liked the guy who had two accounts each impersonating a crow who would answer each other all the time. That type of larp definitely took effort, at least.

Tigranes

Arcane
I miss the whats-his-name that had 3 talking heads that would talk to each other in every post. And R... shit, who was the dude with the deathclaw avatar. He comes back every once in a while still.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I miss the whats-his-name that had 3 talking heads that would talk to each other in every post. And R... shit, who was the dude with the deathclaw avatar. He comes back every once in a while still.

Rosh. I forget the 3 headed guy's name but yeah, he was HILARIOUS.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"So I'll call you an asshole nicely. Disgusting. They hide their true intentions like cowardly women"

IF they hid them you wouldn't know what they meant. But, you do. Therefore, theya ren't cowards but creative getting around the censors and putting you a Codexer in your pathetic place of lsoerville just like them.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
^
???

nikolokolus said:
I think I've figured something out. If you like romances in games, perhaps you liked playing with Barbie and Ken and pretending they were getting married and pooping out lots of babies? If you don't like romances, chances are, you preferred GI Joe action figures and you liked imagining Cobra getting his ass kicked. (God help those of you whose parents forced you to merge your play time with your baby sister and combine GI Joe action time with Ken and Barbie country club time).

The thing with RPGs is once upon a time they were mostly about GI Joe kicking Cobra's ass, and then at some point -- hard to pinpoint when exactly -- Barbie started showing an interest in GI Joe and all of sudden poor Joe had to start having feelings and being all sensitive and crap. Before you know it, Barbie moved in and started decorating Joe's house with frilly curtains and making him watch Bridges of Madison County and Twilight on the weekends. Now (thanks to Bioware) GI Joe has hung up his rocket launcher, quit the army and become a mopey, emo, D-bag -- an emotional cripple, cut adrift in a world where he's ill-equipped to keep that dirty Ken from stealing Barbie.

I know the days of role-playing games being tied to tabletop war games is over, but I'm so damn tired of RPGs being turned into melodramatic, interactive soap operas. I just want my barbarian, Tahvo Ukonnen, of the Northern Steppe to be able to cleave that goblin in twain without having to ego stroke a bunch of navel gazing, water drinkers that choose to tag along after him.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61...omance-thread-pt-3/page__st__320#entry1266108

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Im likem how people continually blame BIo for this. It's the Obsidian forums. It is Obsidian fanboys who are pushing for romances. BIO fnaboys don't give a shit about Obsidian games. FFS If they did, AP and DS3 would ahve sold hell of a lot more than a few hudnred thousand copies. LMFAO

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Zin, Dragon Age: Origins avatar. Sylvius the Mad, well known BSN poster. Merin, well known BSN poster.

tumblr_lga9c8hn3R1qd96bco1_500.gif

Honestly though, think it's better just to leave that thread alone. No point rehashing the same points over and over, Jarpie and evdk.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That Ken and Barbie crap from earlier reminds me of some shit I saw on the Internet ages ago. I took a screenshot of it, but now I can't find it to save my life. I remember it well enough to paraphrase fairly accurately... it's about "the history of girls and gaming":

• 1980: "Ha ha, look at that nerd and his video games!"
  • 1985: "Ha ha, look at that nerd and his video games!"
  • 1990: "Ha ha, look at that nerd and his video games!"
  • 1995: "Ha ha, look at that nerd and his video games!"
  • 2000: "Ha ha, look at that nerd and his video games!"
  • 2002: "Hey, these are pretty fun."
  • 2007: "I'm a gurrrl gamer! Don't hit on me, I'm TAKEN! I'm here to kick ass."
  • 2012: "Wahh, the industry is male-dominated! We want our needs catered to, including romances and a 'skip combat' button!"

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Zin, Dragon Age: Origins avatar. Sylvius the Mad, well known BSN poster. Merin, well known BSN poster.

tumblr_lga9c8hn3R1qd96bco1_500.gif

Honestly though, think it's better just to leave that thread alone. No point rehashing the same points over and over, Jarpie and evdk.

Hey, I have barely written anything since Merin put me in ignore and left. I haven't rehashed that thread.

catfood

AGAIN
^
???

nikolokolus said:
I think I've figured something out. If you like romances in games, perhaps you liked playing with Barbie and Ken and pretending they were getting married and pooping out lots of babies? If you don't like romances, chances are, you preferred GI Joe action figures and you liked imagining Cobra getting his ass kicked. (God help those of you whose parents forced you to merge your play time with your baby sister and combine GI Joe action time with Ken and Barbie country club time).

The thing with RPGs is once upon a time they were mostly about GI Joe kicking Cobra's ass, and then at some point -- hard to pinpoint when exactly -- Barbie started showing an interest in GI Joe and all of sudden poor Joe had to start having feelings and being all sensitive and crap. Before you know it, Barbie moved in and started decorating Joe's house with frilly curtains and making him watch Bridges of Madison County and Twilight on the weekends. Now (thanks to Bioware) GI Joe has hung up his rocket launcher, quit the army and become a mopey, emo, D-bag -- an emotional cripple, cut adrift in a world where he's ill-equipped to keep that dirty Ken from stealing Barbie.

I know the days of role-playing games being tied to tabletop war games is over, but I'm so damn tired of RPGs being turned into melodramatic, interactive soap operas. I just want my barbarian, Tahvo Ukonnen, of the Northern Steppe to be able to cleave that goblin in twain without having to ego stroke a bunch of navel gazing, water drinkers that choose to tag along after him.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61...omance-thread-pt-3/page__st__320#entry1266108
The response is golden:

Gender identity is something you clearly don't understand. Giving children options is important, and shunning a little boy who may want to play with ponies or a barbie doll is no different from shunning some random gay guy. It's pretty clear by your, frankly, quite offensive statement regarding having to, "mix your play time", that you are a very rigid, person, unwilling to expand their view of their beliefs, let alone change them.

It's no wonder you want a shallow experience devoid of emotions which scare or bother you in some fashion. News flash, you don't have to enjoy taking it up the butt to realize that it isn't your business to go around town trying to convert any and all gay people you meet. Nor is it your, or any other persons job in here to try and tear down people because they enjoy well written romances in their games. It doesn't happen for people who look for books and novels, it doesn't happen for people who look for movies.

I'm sure this is going to get turned around as me forcing romance into this game, yet again, for the umpteenth time, but it isn't. The people who are against romance are worse than religious zealots. Try to convert someone for five minutes, if they don't completely change their world view it's time to start blowing things up. Get over it and get over yourself.

If Obsidian puts romance in the game because they deem it a good idea and it bothers you then that is your problem. It isn't Obsidians problem, it isn't my problem, it isn't other people who want romance ins problem. Also, people twist, "wanting" something in a way that is just ridiculous. I want a million dollars, I want world peace, I want a cure to deadly diseases, I want a fix to world hunger and energy cricises. That doesn't mean I demand, nor expect them.

I honestly hope you didn't mean to come off as such an intolerant person.

Also, if you want such a shallow experience of just slashing at people with an axe, then Golden Axe is probably more your speed.

Most of all this thread really needs to die. I realize I don't have to participate in it, but it still exists and some of the **** people say is just ridiculous.

Baaaaaw you're just an intolerant poo poo head, if everyone took 3 years of gender studies like I did the wold would be a much better thread baaaww. Leftards gonna left.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Y'know...I realize it was off-topic but moving pieces of threads really knocks the wind out of 'em. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom