Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planetside 2

oscar

Arcane
Any cure to lag and CTD?

Edit: Ah no wonder. Fuckers made this barely playable for 32 bit systems.

Cassidy

Arcane
Any cure to lag and CTD?

Edit: Ah no wonder. Fuckers made this barely playable for 32 bit systems.

Unless Jagged Alliance's Spiritual successor is released by the original JA and JA2 developers through a kickstarter, becomes as awesome as the first ones and ends somehow being near impossible to run in a 32 bit system, I will never install a non open-source 64-bit OS, because this game definitively doesn't look like good enough to convince me to "upgrade"... oh wait if it were kickstarted it would almost certainly have a Linux version too in the first place.

:M

What a shame, I was going to try this game now, but F2Pay to Win and that... I'm out.

oscar

Arcane
Yeah it's a shame as this is pretty fun (basically a sci-fi Battlefield on crack) but it really is unplayable for 32 bit users (CTD every fifteen minutes, hideous lag in combat due to memory leaks).

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Well it's getting burned out for me.

It's not fun anymore, even if I rampage with my prowler and get 11/0 in 1 minute. This game feels so stiff, broken and lagging as fuck, gunplay is so fucking retarded. Running around while capturing an outpost, trying to hide in an architecture and camping 10 minutes until it's ours.
It's goddamn SAD to be taken down with rockets locking on you and taking 50% of aircraft hp in one hit, by some dork on 4th rank with maxed out aircraft via item shop.

Castanova

Prophet
I don't really enjoy the sieges but I'm still having fun playing as an Infiltrator. It's enjoyable to see how deep into enemy territory I can get while hunting unsuspecting people.

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
Hmm, the Vanu just seem to have the upper edge in most things.. or is it just me swooning over their purple-esque glow?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
some NC infantry weapons are supposedly sort of underpowered right now, correction has been confirmed by devs IIRC

at least the devs do try to balance the factions, I wasn't expecting them to have tried to fix the ESF physics or change ground vehicles speed and they did despite an apparent lack of requests for it

After recommendations from here from friends/family and an invitation to join friends/family in a clan I've just downloaded and will try this right now.

Any advice for a beginner?

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

bonescraper

Yeah, don't shoot your friends/family in the back. And more importantly, don't shoot their Scythes with a Magrider while they're repairing them :mad:

Oriebam

After recommendations from here from friends/family and an invitation to join friends/family in a clan I've just downloaded and will try this right now.

Any advice for a beginner?

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller
save 50 certs for Sunderer AMS
save 30 more for spawn beacon when you reach BR10
save a cert for medic gun upgrade so you can revive MAXes and some more for the repair gun
save certs in general if you don't plan on paying for anything, because this game IS grindy

high ROF sniper rifles are not useless for close quarters combat

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Only true Codex faction is TR

Vanu are too much into technological progress and streamlining the art of war. Codex clings on to the days of old, reminiscing a time before laz0r decline.
NC are too much into freedom stuffies and individual choice. Codex is Hivemind ruled with an iron brofist.

Thus I come to the conclusion that I can not call anyone my bro who is not actively fighting against decline and individual thought.

On another note, after putting some more hours into PS2 this week, I noticed increased teamplay and less pussying out of bigger fights going on. I was probably still too accustomed to the Beta days when writing my initial thoughts, where everyone had clocked in several hours and knew what they were doing. Some newfags do seem to improve and notice this isn't CoD after a while :D

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Vanu are gay.

THe only reasonable choice are Terrans.

bonescraper

Terrans are your typical CoD popamole faction. Peasants with guns, hoo-ah. Vanu are all about technological advancement, they are the PC master race. And they are most :obviously:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Terrans are a horde of baboon like BRO soldiers. They charge into battles blindly firing their high rate of fire weapons, with no regards for accuracy or style. Hate freedom because they can't stand to think for themselves.

Vanu are a bunch of purple dildos who fly around in cosmic hippie vans shooting GI Joe lasers.

New Conglomerate are glorious and :obviously: soldiers of proud heritage. Their weapons reinforce their ideals of thoughtful and calm execution of force. Imagine that scene from Rambo 2 where the Chinese guy is firing madly at Rambo, and missing every shot - that Chinese guy represents Terran and Vanu, while Rambo, the NC, calmly lines up a shot and kills in one hit.

Would you like to know more?

KidBoogie

Learned
new conglomerate are sony's parody of an angsty teenager. They bit the great hand that fed them and as a result the great and proud terrans cut them off from their resources and let them fend for themselves (they're sucking at that btw)

Maybe we can all join opposing factions in equal numbers then meet in an empty territory on a calm server. Well stand around a small installation chatting then quietly walk away and start shooting each other.

:P,
The Vault Dweller

Oriebam

vanub have retard voice commands and are pro-transexuality or some shit, their leader looks like he came from africa
also they worship Xenu

NC wear blue to the battlefield and have a woman leader ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I still laugh every time I hear the announcements, yeah right)
they are also the only suckers who have to worry about recoil

now TR don't have real MBTs and still have the weeaboo/pedo-bait woman voice but it's better to use needle-guns than to be a part of the decline of civilization

fixed for the truthz

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Vanu are all about technological advancement, they are the PC master race. And they are most :obviously:
They also suck cocks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom