Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Text adventures ahoy! Let's 100% Frederik Pohl's GATEWAY!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bitch, please.

I don't play those silly adventbore games.
I would take 5 hrs of quality platforman / exploran over 5 minutes of staring at your inventory and wondering which combination of "everything" on "everything" I yet had not try.

Blasphemer.

Also I'd love to LP the sequel as well. Maybe I'll get around to it at some unspecified future date.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Somebody should LP Spellcasting or Leather goddesses of Phobos. Those games feature the only well-written romances in video games, ever.

Arpad

Educated
Still, Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2 would be much more fitting for an codex LP.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
This was a great Let's Play. Hopefully the sequel will be LP'd at some point. In case anyone is interested, I recorded some of the MT32 version of the soundtrack emulated in DosBox (captured with an external recorder).

*** See the Post Below ***

The timing is a little bit off for whatever reason, but it's interesting to hear the difference. Hopefully I can get around to recording the rest of the MT32 ost.

Last edited:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
:necro:

So I kinda forgot about this thread. But I started reading the first Gateway novel, and I remembered it. I'm on chapter 14 of the novel, and it's great so far. Pohl's writing style isn't spectacular, but both his characterization of Robinette Broadhead and the universe he created are. It's kind of funny that getting the nerve to fly off in a hechee ship in the game is so ho-hum, while it was a huge deal for Robinette in the novel, since so many ships never came back, and of those that did a lot of the people were dead or diseased and whatnot.

Anyway, I'm in the process of recording the OST again:

I'll let you know when it's all finished, updating this post in the meantime. I wish the embedded soundcloud players weren't so big.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom