Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Isle Kickstarter (LOL...)

grotsnik

Arcane
Dan Stapleton ‏@DanStapleton
Interplay/Black Isle have politely declined my request for an interview about the Project V13 croudfunding campaign.
(Editor in Chief of GameSpy.com and space pimp.)

I thought this was...odd?

Dan wrote a negative GameSpy article this morning which did the rounds on Twitter under the title of something fairly unequivocal like 'Please Don't Give Any Money To The New BIS Crowdfunder'. So presumably he's now being shunned.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Good. You can't trash someone and then expect them to turn around and kiss your ass.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Donated $500.

See you pieces of shit in hell when you're trying to fanpatch PE and I'm enjoying glorious Project V13 with my turgid phallus drizzling preejaculate all over my keyboard from the pure heavanz.

Xavier0889

Learned
Midlife-crisis-ridden developers from mid-90's and their necrophiliac stuff. I knew something like this was going to happen.
Nerds... nerds never change.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Donated $500.

See you pieces of shit in hell when you're trying to fanpatch PE and I'm enjoying glorious Project V13 with my turgid phallus drizzling preejaculate all over my keyboard from the pure heavanz.
If you donated $500, you'd be at the top of the Hero Board.

Oh, I get it. Hilarious.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I got annoyed at the usage of the Aztec calendar rather than the actual Mayan calendar in the video. Other than that I don't quite know how to express the sort of amusement I'm feeling right now. God speed, Herve. God speed.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed it.

So, speculation on what the game will be about? (Other than nothing, which will probably be the most likely situation.) I predict it will be a one-character RTWP RPG staring Herve Caen on a quest to stop doomsday. He will be able to fight a wide variety of enemies with an arsenal of mustaches to equip, each with their own special abilities. It will also be full of passive-aggressive insertions of people who have criticized Herve (Think Sonichu.).

Malhavoc

Novice
This was painful to watch. The acting! Mark O'Green looks like an incinerated Brian Fargo.

It will still be interesting to see this pan out.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
http://www.indiegogo.com/SaveInterplay

Save Interplay
Its time to end the madness. Help us buy a majority stake in Interplay, and either save her, or give her the funeral it deserves.

lol no.

I've had the thought of someone organising a fundraiser to buy a stake in a publisher, give the shares over to charity but keep the voting rights.

Could've taken a big bite out of THQ if someone had thought of it:(

Livonya

Augur
Patron
This is some bizarre stuff. I actually thought this was a joke at first. But I guess it is for real. Wow.

Why did they do it this way? It makes no sense at all. An actual Kickstarter would have made sense, but this just seems like a parody. And yet they seem to have chosen this route. Wow.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
NNNiQ.png

They've given themselves a whole year.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
This really is the worst thing ever. Did Herve kidnap Chris Taylor's kids or something?

bhlaab

Erudite
This is like one of those ebay listing to buy information on how to get A FREE LAPTOP

Apexeon

Arcane
Here comes the reject developer welfare crew out of the woodwork to ruin crowd funding for us little guys.
Dig up some old concept art, say your some big shot ex dev and slap it on kickstarter and rake in the $$$.
Then say it was soooo hard to find those 3 bits of art on the floor and it was so hard to write up the 5 page "vision" document.
Vision documents are for noobs.

Waahhh waaah we can only make games with 1 million (So they can get real people in to do all the work).

But if they let me farm pigs I will have to back them by default.
Games need more bacon.

The Plague

Novice
Haha oh that Herve. To maintain his mustache he comes up with this shit?
Nearly as smart as dropping Van Buren for the console popamole turd Brotherhod of Steel. Props Nigguh!!:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom