Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Ultima Fan Projects in 2012: Year in Review

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: ExUlt; NUVIE; The Real Texas; Ultima; Ultima 6 Project; Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar; Ultima IX: Ascension; Ultima IX: Forgotten World; Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny; Ultima VI: The False Prophet; Ultima VII

The Ultima fan community has been notable for the prolificness of its modding community, even more than a decade after the series' ignoble demise. Kenneth over at the Ultima Codex (no relation) has written a very long post describing the past year's modding and fan project development activities.

Among the many projects covered in the post are the venerable Exult, the Ultima VII engine remake that was finally rid of its persistent "disappearing objects" bug recently, the Ultima 6 Remake and the Savage Empire Remake, remakes of said games in the Exult engine, Back to Roots, an Exult-like engine remake for Ultima IV and Ultima V, NUVIE, the much-awaited Exult equivalent for Ultima VI, Beautiful Britannia and Forgotten World, two ambitious projects that mean to overhaul the much-derided Ultima IX, and of course the Ultima 6 Project, the remake of Ultima VI in the Dungeon Siege engine. Ultima-inspired games such as The Real Texas are also given a mention.

Boy, there sure are a lot of U6 remakes. There are many more projects that I didn't mention, so be sure check that post out.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
I think there should be a rule against moderators fisting each other

Also, you should provide hyperlinks to the webpages of the games you mentioned

Silellak

Cipher
yea-fuck-yea.gif

Glad to see a number of these are still alive in kicking! I'm still waiting for a mod/fan remake/whatever of Ultima 9 that's on the level of Lazarus or U6P.

Silellak

Cipher
I'm still waiting for a mod/fan remake/whatever of Ultima 9 that's on the level of Lazarus or U6P.

That's what we are all hoping The Titans of Ether will be.

Would be nice, but their last update said:

Just wanted to say hello and thank you all again for your support. It has been quite some time since our last post, but didn't want anyone to think it had to do with us abandoning our labor of love.

In truth, we've just been a little lazy the past few months in posting an update but we have actually gotten some news together.

I need to finalize some of our progress into a coherent block of text for you all to read, so stay tuned.

Maybe it's just a really fucking long block of text?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
U5: Lazarus is by far the BEST "fan" made project released... in my humble opinion. I still fire it up occasionally and delve back into Britania and marvel at how they recreated that feeling of playing an Ultima game while using the DS engine!!!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I BOUGHT THE REAL TEXAS GOING TRY IT EVENTALLY

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO FIRST THEY SHOULD MATCH UTIMA 5 FROM LIKE 20 FUCKING YEARS AGO

WHEN THEY CAN MAKE A GAME THAT GOOD THAN THEY SHOULD TRY NEWER ONES

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom