Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #23: Gameplay Video!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
THEY'RE BREAKING DOWN THE FUCKING DOOR

Ugly brown graphics followed by ugly green graphics; the bad art direction lives up to my low expectations. On the upside the portraits don't clash as I thought they would.

Rotating camera is terribad and I can tell I'm going to be fighting it the entire time.

I hope you can turn off the bullets-hitting-glass effect and the line by line HERE'S HOW MUCH XP U EARNED that begin and end combat. That's going to get old fast. Likewise hope you can speed up or remove walking animations during combat.

Additionally, the xp per kill and the pseudo-simulationist approach to opening doors made me laugh. Gonna be awesome when Project Eternity proves itself the superior game but at least the grognard shits can get what they want.

I'm going to assume the really narrow vision cones were a tutorial-level thing and enemies get more perceptive later on in the game.

I like the keywords and don't give a damn about having lengthy responses all written out for me. Get my LARP on.

Finally, I liked how the damage range on weapons was pretty small. No ~extreme~ randomization here, 'cept when it comes to hitting.

Overall meeting my expectations of mediocrity.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Ugly brown graphics followed by ugly green graphics; the bad art direction lives up to my low expectations. On the upside the portraits don't clash as I thought they would.

Rotating camera is terribad and I can tell I'm going to be fighting it the entire time.

I hope you can turn off the bullets-hitting-glass effect and the line by line HERE'S HOW MUCH XP U EARNED that begin and end combat. That's going to get old fast. Likewise hope you can speed up or remove walking animations during combat.

Additionally, the xp per kill and the pseudo-simulationist approach to opening doors made me laugh. Gonna be awesome when Project Eternity proves itself the superior game but at least the grognard shits can get what they want.

I'm going to assume the really narrow vision cones were a tutorial-level thing and enemies get more perceptive later on in the game.

I like the keywords and don't give a damn about having lengthy responses all written out for me. Get my LARP on.

Finally, I liked how the damage range on weapons was pretty small. No ~extreme~ randomization here, 'cept when it comes to hitting.

:lol: Trying too hard.

Of course he's uncertain : he's a teenager. I do hope you recognized him by the way...
Well spotted!

:bravo:

:troll:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Looks pretty good, reminded me of Fallout Tactics a lot. Loved the text descriptions.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Looks good, I specially liked the scenery descriptions popping as you explored the map. That UI is fucking huge though, hope it can be scaled down.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I love the area descriptions that pop up as you're walking around.

Wizfall

Cipher
Usually i really dislike rotating/moving camera.
It did not bother me here though but i still have some fear about it.
This video make me realize it was fucking time to stop playing fallout, wizardry, jagged and even some much older games....i was not crazy thinking new stuff was awful like i started to believe, it was THEM !

hiver

Pretty damn good.

Visuals and art direction is perfect.
Combat looks great, has some features that should have been there a log time ago, like starting attack by the whole group. Verticality is great. And i dont doubt that the enemies will use all of this too.
Loved the radio talk. Great feature. Love how the characters we can hear seem human instead of fucking polished actors doing the cliche archetypes.
You can tell the priest is a dumb asshole and a very obvious psycho right away - although that doesnt mean the things will be simple when you meet him and his faction.

Descriptions, the Ui, the atmosphere... the MUSIC OF SPHERES!!!! :love:
Its been so fucking long.

One of the best investments i ever made.

Jashiin

Arcane
Money well spent. But as expected, shit camera. I don't get that when you zoom out with it it also has to change the angle you are looking.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Pretty damn good.
Loved the radio talk. Great feature. Love how the characters we can hear seem human instead of fucking polished actors doing the cliche archetypes.
You can tell the priest is a dumb asshole and a very obvious psycho right away - although that doesnt mean the things will be simple when you meet him and his faction.

Yes, I loved the radio talk. When they where bragging about this in the very beginning of the project I was like, "yeah well... yawn...". Now I am fucking loving it. For some reasons System Shock 2 and King Arthur (dunno, why this - maybe because of similarly beautiful portraits?) came to my mind while watching the first 3 minutes.
Also, the portrait of the priest and his zealous voice gave me shivers. Great!

Silellak

Cipher
Yessssssssssssssssss

jizzinmypants.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Should it be that Unity was the other miracle needed with Kickstarter to bring back the incline ?

That could very well be.

The Holy Triad of Incline:
  1. Digital distribution (Steam)
  2. Crowdfunding (Kickstarter)
  3. Middleware engines (Unity)

EG

Nullified
A one year rush might not, ultimately, bring about the same amount of content as a three year project, obviously. Maybe Cain didn't lie. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom