Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Bros is Rainbow Six 3 the worst Tactical Shooter

MetalCraze

Arcane
Tactical shooters are generally games that require you to use cover, iron sights, and a tiny bit of teamwork and in this dumb old-school piece of shit there's none of that.
There's no time to use cover, there are no iron sights at all and teamwork is just a bunch of sync'ed pre-mission scripts! Clearly Rainbow Six Raven Shield is not the best option currently when it comes to tactical fps.

But I will play this dumb rocket-sciing-bunny-hop-strafing-actually-being-able-to-lean oldschool boring excuse for a FPS anyway. So watch me suck in it if you have nothing better to do.
In the first episode I did both red and green runthroughs. No I didn't do any cool pre-mission plan because the best tactical shooter, Battlefield 3, has no need for bullshit like that.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bros I just installed the mod which adds IRON SITES to the game! I can already feel it becoming closer to high standards of THE Tactical Shooter - Battlefield 3.

Raven Shield still lacks stuff like health regen, respawns and enemy radar, the elements which make Battlefield 3 the best - but at least it has quest compass every 5 meters just like any tactical shooter should.

Unfortunately you can set up those quest compasses for you and other teams in a whatever way you want and that's the design flaw which is thankfully not present in the best tactical fps, Battlefield 3.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I feel Skyway has been broken recently.

Maybe he got a new job?

Monocause

Arcane
Maybe he toils away at a Russian labour camp somewhere in the deep east and video game masochism is the only form of release his overlords allow him. Maybe it's all a coded message and a desperate call for help.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Thanks for reminding me why I don't play FPSs.

TNO

Augur
Gotta say, broski, as someone who played R6:3 for a few years, your tactical movement and weapon selection is total weaksauce.

Despite the dodgy AI and terrain, though, playing those missions coop with a good team was totally sick. I think there is still a small online community, 8ish years later.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Guys, playing this subpar oldschool piece of shit makes you really appreciate all the tactical depth of Battlefield 3. But thankfully those iron sites made it twice as tactical!
I really do appreciate that you feel my pain bros, when I started this I was afraid nobody will get what I mean

As the video shows you can even avoid making a good plan in this excuse for a tactical shooter, just shoot through mission how you want

Lindblum

Augur
Just watched the fist video at the 2min mark and uh... open and clear doesn't mean what it used to mean I guess?

Cassidy

Arcane
I feel Skyway has been broken recently.

Starting a LP as a statement because DakaSha, in a display of questionable tastes in gaming and of clear enjoyment of the popamole FPS genre, asked if Battlefield 3 is the best tactical shooter, and ignored those who pointed out the stupidity of such a question?

That is as skyway as playing KOTOR 7 times.

DakaSha

Arcane
Tagging me here makes you look like a tryhard faggot

:thumbsup:

edit: oh wow. Not as tryhard as skyway though :lol:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Bros is Skyway/Cassidy/Dakasha the most faggot users

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom