Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SC2 HOtS.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
B-but... is an expansion! You can't play HoS without having installed the first one, and why would you start with the second one? :eek:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Then I played my placement matches... Gold league. ffs feel like such a nabblet. But then again I sucked big time. e.g. no idea what widow mines do. The zerg could just walk over it even though I planted it. Thought it worked like vulture mine from BW.

As far as I could tell from watching a replay, it zaps a nearby unit when burrowed. Then after a while, the thing recharges and it can zap another unit. If you hide one near an expansion, it could cause havoc on the enemy workers if he doesn't scout it with an observer.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
B-but... is an expansion! You can't play HoS without having installed the first one, and why would you start with the second one? :eek:
Wait, what? I thought it was stand alone. Well, that's even bigger example of jewery than I've thought previously.

god damn those developers and their expansions! back in my days we only had expansions! this new habit of selling expansion packs is totally different from back when they still sold expansion packs! damn them damn them all to hell! :mad: :mad: :mad:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
god damn those developers and their expansions! back in my days we only had expansions! this new habit of selling expansion packs is totally different from back when they still sold expansion packs! damn them damn them all to hell! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I CAN BE ANGRY ABOUT WHATEVER I WANT GODDAMMIT!!! It's my party and I'll rage if I want to.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I looked at lets play and I had laugh at the end of episode 3.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Kinda wonder why are you playing that version with pathfinding problems when there is this:
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8236743/Starcraft_II___Mass_Recall
Wow, this is very cool indeed, the modders worked very hard on it and it shows:

B82B5AC8A0EAA29C443855B08D6D04F7CF7DA2BB

574E6D5E86E46722344283BEBB57B010C08B9871

All with full VA and the SC1 music.

Is this for real? Everything done and completely playable, and not some kind of unfaithful to original, crippled beta that may or may not be completed, depending on the whim of the authors?

Because you have my attention :P

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Is this for real? Everything done and completely playable, and not some kind of unfaithful to original, crippled beta that may or may not be completed, depending on the whim of the authors?

Because you have my attention :P
afaik it's all 3 campaigns from SC1 and all 3 from brood war, done as faithfully as the SC2 units and engine allows.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I played a bit and everything worked perfectly. Completed the first terran mission just like the real game.

It's just a ~600 MB installer for all 6 campaigns anyway, just give it a try.

kris

Arcane
Just started up the HOTS campaign and seen the first story parts... Is this really going to be a love story?

Jim Raynor must have suffered from one of the worst character assassinations I ever witnessed. Makes sense of course since he looks nothing like the SC1 Raynor in neither face nor body. He might have been replaced.

Psquit

Arcane
Just started up the HOTS campaign and seen the first story parts... Is this really going to be a love story?

Jim Raynor must have suffered from one of the worst character assassinations I ever witnessed. Makes sense of course since he looks nothing like the SC1 Raynor in neither face nor body. He might have been replaced.

hmmm i dont know if its a love story...

Abathur knows how to get shit done.
jFbHwnG.jpg

Kerrigan doesnt give a fuck, kill the XENOS!!.
Prqtxiu.jpg

Ancient zergs are smart, they kill themself to evolve and they dont like to be slaves.
n7aN5ky.jpg

but... i remember reading somewhere that the zergs were evolved from bugs or some shit like that...

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah. IIRC original Zerg wer larvae or something. Living on an volcanic planet. I'd have to find the SC1 manual to be sure about the latter part though. RETCOOOOON!

Erebus

Arcane
Hai gais, a little bird told me that the writing in Heart of the Swarm is even worse than in Wings of Liberty
:troll:

Oh, wait, that's actually true. Somehow. Painfully.

Worse writing than WoL would require more than just a total lack of creativity. It would require anti-creativity.

JrK

Prophet
Been playing the SC1 revamp too. Did 3 terran missions and a protoss mission. It is really just an engine remake. The commando missions had an options of playing in third person but that sucked balls, you can just play it the old way.

I only have some weird error with zerglings sometimes showing up as globes of some weird texture.

Remake looks cool. I remember checking it out when it was just a handful of Terran missions in beta, nice to see that it is finished and polished.

Psquit

Arcane
Ancient zerglin is wise.

ee3EpKZ.jpg

Reveals terrible secret

7RRjUEl.jpg

More drama requiered to continue...

Well apart from the whole ancient zerg storyline (and yeah that is a big omition), it's not that bad.

The whole game has that Warcraft 3 vibe to it for better or for worse - you know, bad storyline, but with likeable/memorable characters.

I liked Abakuh and Dehaka.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom