Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My experience with 'Titan Quest'

Kraszu

Prophet
Divine Divinity is hardly a diablo clone, at start it can feel like it but after you finish the dungeon it gets much more open. You even have dialogues whit some variance.

D

Scholar
Norfleet - as I suggested, this must be another plot by Jackass Thompson to steal money off of unsuspecting gamers. Seriously, I get the feeling they only tested this game on one hardware configuration before shipping it or something.

And according to the three people who can actually play the game, the classes are horribly unbalanced in favor for the magic using classes, to the point of rediculousness. (Speaking of which - why mess up the unique atmosphere of a 'greek' setting by putting gayass magic into it?)

psycojester

Arbiter
Yeah because the Titan Quest fans are all red hot of setting theme and plot. Half of them are probably pissed off because they can't get a katana or play as a ninjai

Nedrah

Erudite
[...] (Speaking of which - why mess up the unique atmosphere of a 'greek' setting by putting gayass magic into it?)

Because it's still not low fantasy, it's non-ad&d/tolkienesque high-fantasy. Actually that's only true for the setting, other sterereotypes seem to be very much intact.
Can't comment on the rest as I didn't bother downloading the demo when I realized it was made for the diablo crowd.

Also I'd like to say that potato farming can indeed be great entertaiment. I realized that when I did it for the first time a few weeks ago as I visited some people who grow them in their garden. It feels different to pry them out of the earth with a pitchfork than grabbing a bag of them at the discount. Potato farming might also be a very next-Gen kind of entertaiment if oil prices continue their trend. (Yes, too much reading up on peak oil in the last few days)

erm
nevermind

[Edited for some silly spelling mistake]

Norfleet

D said:
Norfleet - as I suggested, this must be another plot by Jackass Thompson to steal money off of unsuspecting gamers. Seriously, I get the feeling they only tested this game on one hardware configuration before shipping it or something.
I'd have to ask what hardware configuration that is, since the game demands hefty amounts of system resources yet refuses to run on a modern system. Maybe games should tell us exactly what hardware configurations that they were tested on, so at least we have a baseline of what it's SUPPOSED to work on.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Ooh only 2 weeks left to completion!!! Titan Quest - the best potato farming (with havok (tm)) game evar will soon be mine. All you shittalkers can go to hell! :D
The polish release date was delayed due "stability problems" but i hope that if the demo ran smoothly so will the game.
@Nedrah - i'm hoping the times of wich you talk will come soon....

As always - pardon my inglese.

Nedrah

Erudite
Yeah, I can see the upsides, too.
The trick will be to survive the initial "everyone go batshit and grab what they can" deal.
Unfortunately pcs tend to work rather...not so well without electricity, so I guess some of us are going to need a new life.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, they made laptops powered by a crank, so I'm sure someone would figure out a clever way of utilizing 2 bicycles with 2 slaves riding them to generate power for a PC.

Halenthal

Liturgist
Elwro said:
Well, they made laptops powered by a crank, so I'm sure someone would figure out a clever way of utilizing 2 bicycles with 2 slaves riding them to generate power for a PC.

That's why I had kids. Yeah, I plan ahead.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Well I got TQ from a friend (I couldn't wait longer). I'm lvl13 now and like in 2/3 of Greece. The combat is fun (bodies flying everywhere) and there's tons of equipment - many types of conventional armor but also many types that are creature-based (chitin armor, centaur cuirasses, undead rags etc.) I even got a leg tip (set item)of an arachnid wich I use as a weapon. You can use a filter when picking up items (i just pick up magical) and the inventory is bigger than in Diablo because you get additional bags as a reward... well haven't finished yet but i'm planning to replay it with different char... Oh yes the game has the best damn soundtrack ever featuring: Spastic Ink, Sean Malone, Mark Morgan, Matt Uelmen, Lux Occulta, Meshuggah, Geinoh Yamashirogumi, Aghora, Behold...the Arctopus! etc. :D

This post was brought to you by The Shiny Object Lover

EDIT: The crash rate is like 1crash/3h (unpatched version). The game drops to desktop so you just have to launch it again. Still pretty lame :)

LlamaGod

Cipher
You are like a dumber version of Exitium.

I didn't even think that was possible.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The game's pretty damn fun. Screensaver? Hardly. It's like Diablo. You click to attack. Hold the mouse button to keep attacking. Like Diablo. Not like Dungeon Siege. Dungeon Siege could have played itself if it had automated pathfinding.

They did a damn good job with the setting. There's no stupid guns or anything of the sort. And it's way better than Sacred.

If you hated Diablo, you'll hate Titan Quest. No big surprise there. The game ain't for you.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
LlamaGod said:
You are like a dumber version of Exitium.

I didn't even think that was possible.

Strike two!
That's some pretty good arguments you've got there. That's how you discuss in your country? :roll:

Uuuhhh i don't like Titan Quets coz its a shitty gaem and your ghey!

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Suislide said:
Another action rpg that is supposed to be similar to the likes of diablo 2. Well fist my anus this game is pretty damn good. Dont agree? Thats because you love the taste of semen in your mouth. This game kicks ass.

I think he likes it. More.

Its been a long time since i last read this site but it is still amusing.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
Exitium said:
They did a damn good job with the setting. There's no stupid guns or anything of the sort.
Only stupid (or rather extremely generic) spells. Why do you think they did a good job with the setting? To me it seemed like they totally bastardized their original idea by introducing a long list of boring fantasy cliches. Not to mention that the art direction in general sucked ass.

And it's way better than Sacred.
Uh... how so?

If you hated Diablo, you'll hate Titan Quest. No big surprise there. The game ain't for you.
Though if you liked Diablo, the game ain't necessarily for you either. I'd consider myself a fan of action RPGs, but Titan Quest was nothing but a letdown, especially when compared to Sacred. Hell, even Fate was more fun.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I just installed the demo:
  • 2. Recommended System Requirements

- Windows XP
    - 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
    - 1 GB RAM
For a fucking Diablo clone? It was way too jerky for what it should've been on my 2.4 Ghz.

For the bits I did it wasn't too bad. Seemed a lot like Sacred. Nice graphics, nothing revolutionary though. Diablo III.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I uninstalled it after finishing Legendary with a Lv 50 Conjurer. I kept trying to start up a new character but felt the rest of the physical builds are just too ineffective and poorly balanced to have fun with.

If you have no pets when playing ranged, you're honestly fucked at high difficulty, unless if you like dying every 3 minutes.

Even melee tanks need so much gear to be effective, this compared to an average caster with maxed summoned tank and 'bought from the shop' gears that can spam 1000 dps on average of boss fights.

I see the Low detail options on shadows, lightning etc...but why can't I turn Shadows off? They add nothing to my gameplay but irritation.

And having booster shrines encircling the final boss is a joke. Giving me 50% atk spd boost and +10 skill bonus for a final boss fight just makes it end quicker I guess, and so people kept doing this final boss run to get better items and quick exp. Where's the challenge? Oh surviving 5 archers with -100% Piercing dmg counts as challenge I guess. :P

It could've been better, but it's just too poorly balanced IMO. Pretty average fair, worth a playthrough with your buddies on LAN (burn some CDs) and then ditch it.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
I'm now level 21 Assassin - maxed STR, AG and dual-wield techs, but zero INT :D
And I'm having fun like I was playing Diablo 2 for the first time :) I'm that type that drools at havok. I just love those moments when you hit a guy and he flies several meters and lands in a well or falls off a cliff; or when a poisoned enemy starts to chase you and dies while descending some massive stairs - he just falls flat on his face :) Adds some comedy value. Hilarious!
Now I'm still at normal level and game is as easy as it could be. Hope legendary will be some challenge. And I'm still fighting with an arachnid legtip (it's green/rare but I've never found any other legtips?) in one hand. Strange thing but in Egypt ("Act II" :)) the game stopped crashing - but chugs as always (while leaving dungeon etc.)

So fun to be a dumbfuck :)

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Hhahahaha old chinese saying :D
I agree with you - to enjoy TQ fully you have to enter "ignorance mode". That includes also some people from that RPG forum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom