Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Myth: The Fallen Lords

Since Shadow of the Horned Rat LP is complete I decided to make another one while I still have a lot of free time. This time we are going to play Myth: The Fallen Lords on Legendery difficulty level. Myth is one of my favourite game ever, and definetly favourie strategy game (its skirmish game inb4 Awor). My nostalgia toward this game is so huge that hearing music from this game sends shivers down my spine.
I actually never finished this game on Legendary, I'v done some Heroic capmaigns though, and I'm extremely cocky after finishing SotHR so we will try this shiat on legendary. And this is not "How to Play Myth" or "Walkthrough" I'm not great at this game and you should not try to learn things from me. It's just LP you read when you want to see how random dude over the internet plays Myth.

You are not treated with much of a back-story at begining of the game. All necessary informations are given to use between missions in form of diary entries of one of the soldiers. Plot is pretty much banal-shit-boring undead taking over the world, but there is slight twist to it and the way game presents this plot makes it really great experience.

The basic informations:

War with the Fallen Lords have been raging for 30 years and humanity is pretty much fucked by now. Most of major-cities already fallen and only one still resist. Beyond this is city are only some mountain tribes and then the ocean. So if the city falls, humanity falls with it. What remained of once great human armies was formed into Legion. And we are special operations force inside this Legion. We are few (even though Legion apparently have one million soldiers, and I think that's fucking a lot) so we won't be fighting great battles against Fallen Lords horde. We will be doing special operations like, diversions, seek and destroy, find magic item or rescue some unfortunate dumbfuck go get caught by undead while Legion itself will be fighting main enemy force buying us enough time to do our stuff. I think that's a nice touch that we will only hear about great battles while doing things that may seem pretty insignificant.

This is serious grimdark game so this LP will also be serious and grimdark. So no funnies this time.

-----------------
TABLE OF CONTENT:
Mission 1: Crow's Bridge
Mission 2: A Traitor's Grave
Mission 3: The Siege of Madrigal
Mission 4: Homecoming
Mission 5: Flight from Covenant
Mission 6: Force Ten From Stoneheim
Mission 7: Bagrada
Mission 8: Ambush At Devil's Overlook
Mission 9: The Five Champions
Mission 10: Out Of The Barrier
Mission 11: Silvermines
Mission 12: Shadow of the Mountain
Mission 13: Seven Gates
Mission 14: Forest Heart
Mission 15: Heart of the Stone
Mission 16: The Smiths of Muirthemne
Mission 17: Sons of Myrgard
Mission 18: The Road North
Mission 19: Across the Gjol
Mission 20: The Watcher
Mission 21: River of Blood
Mission 22: Pools of Iron
Mission 23: Last Battle
Mission 24: The Great Devoid
-----------------
INTRO:

intro1.jpg

intro2.jpg

intro3.jpg

intro4.jpg

intro5.jpg

intro6.jpg

intro7.jpg

intro8.jpg

intro9.jpg

intro10.jpg

intro11.jpg

intro12.jpg

intro13.jpg

intro14.jpg

intro15.jpg

intro16.jpg

intro17.jpg

intro18.jpg

intro19.jpg

intro20.jpg

intro21.jpg

intro22.jpg

intro24.jpg

intro25.jpg

intro26.jpg

intro27.jpg

intro28.jpg

intro29.jpg

intro30.jpg

intro31.jpg

intro32.jpg

intro33.jpg

intro35.jpg

intro36.jpg

WHASUUUUP!

Well, not entirely serious...

EDIT: I started putting updates into this "spoiler" thingy because multiple updates on one page lagged my computer. Also I decided to start resizing briefing and debriefing screenshots for those who don't want to watch them on youtube. Right now only Ambush at Devil's Overlook have resized briefing but every update from now on also will have them and I will eventually get around to resize briefings in previous updates. Cheers.

Crow's Bridge

Crow's Bridge
Wednsday August 3

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

cutscene.jpg

cutscene2.jpg

cutscene3.jpg

cutscene4.jpg

cutscene5.jpg

cutscene6.jpg

cutscene7.jpg

cutscene8.jpg

cutscene9.jpg

1.jpg

Those are two dudes from the cut-scene. They were having conversation about what happend after last battle with Fallen Lords forces. Apparently, there were no bodies to be found, and they wonder what Fallen Lords do with all the bodies. It's strange they haven't figured it out yet, after fighting undead armies for 30 fucking years. But maybe they are fresh recruits or something.

2.jpg

Well, I think mystery have been solved and our two friends can finally sleep at night finally knowing what Fallen Lords do with bodies of fallen Legion soldiers. Also, our friends names are Conlan and Alyce. Those names can be changed to whatever you like, for example I once had soldier named Bevies and you probably can imagine how I named his companion. But I don't think there is point in naming simple warrios after codexers since they have life expetancy of 5 minutes. Oh, and some of these warriors have names that ends with an "a", but they are not chicks, and don't like when people make funs of their femine names, so don't.

3.jpg

We order our two titans of intellect to join their companions who stand between Crow's Bridge and the village.

4.jpg

This is the village. We have to defend it. If all villagers die, mission is over and since it's not Shadow of the Horned Rat, when you loose one mission - campaign is over.

5.jpg

We order our soldiers inside the village to join with the rest of our force. Guys with strange names like "ka'Tanga" are fir'Bolg - forest people and former enemies of men. But Humans and fir'Bolg were forced to join forces against the Fallen Lords and now fir'Bolg serve as an archers in Legion. They completely suck balls at first but got much better with every kill so It is very important to keep them alive (regular warriors are expendable though).

6.jpg

Conlan and Alyce curse the day they joined Legion (if one can simply "join" Legion) and make their way to rest of our soldiers before Hatchet Rape Squad will get them.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Then we order them to retreat slightly further becasue Thralls are still following them.

9.jpg

Backbone of Fallen Lords armies - Thralls. Pretty much brainless undead, slow and stupid but very resistant to damage and they always attack in large groups. I don't think if our warrior could win duel with Thrall on Legendary but fortunately Thralls like to "target" one unit and come straight at it ignoring anything else. So when shit hits the fan, and we will be forced to fight hand-to-hand usually our warriors will have couple of free hits before Thralls will realise that something is swinging sword at them.

10.jpg

Warriors - our most basic melee units. They have decent armor and shield but they attack quite slowly and will get slaughtered by enemy in fair fight. But they move faster than Thralls and are ok'ish until we get better melee units.

11.jpg

All of our men are finally in one place and we can finally prepare some defence.

12.jpg

Our artillery. Come on don't laugh at him because he's small. He may be just a dwarf but he's deadly. One more thing to love about Myth. Dwarves here are not killing machines in horned helmet dual-wielding axes. They are fragile little dudes that throw molotov-coctails at enemies. Well, maybe dwarves once were killing machines in plate mails dualwielding battlehammers, but those days are long gone. Most of dwarves are dead, their homeland overrun but Ghols and all that is left of this, once proud race, are those cute little dudes that throw exploding shit at Thralls.

13.jpg

We formed our soldiers into something resembling a regiment of gritty war veterans of Legion and we prepare to launch counter-attack before undead will threaten the village (and we FAIL horribly at that, holy shit just you WATCH).

14.jpg

We move towards the enemy swingin' our swords, looking all scary and shit.

15.jpg

But enemy don't seem to be very impressed. In fact, they order an assault. See those violet-purple-whatever flying guys in the right? Those are Soulless, Fallen Lords javelin throwers. Since they are flying they can move anywhere and don't care much about terrain.

16.jpg

Undead send some Ghols to harass us. Ghols are not undead themselves but serve in Fallen Lords armies as a fast moving scouts and are generally bane of dwarfs existance.

17.jpg

We order our fir'Bolgs to scare the Ghols away, since shouting "PUSS PUSS!" didn't worked.

18.jpg

We had to send some warriors to tell those bastards to bugger off because they make our dorf nervous.

19.jpg

While we were fucking around with Ghols, main undead force attacked. So yes, I was outwitted by AI. Not a very big achievement for AI though...

20.jpg

And everybody was screaming and shouting (especially Conlan since he got hit with Soulless spear) and there was general chaos and disorder.

21.jpg

We order fir'Bolgs to shoot at Soulless while dwarf is getting into position to chuck some flaming shit at thralls.

22.jpg

23.jpg

But there was no ESSPLOSHUN! so we order everybody to RUN FOR THEIR LIFES!!!

24.jpg

25.jpg

And the Ghols are back.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Well, at least Ghols are dead... some of them.

29.jpg

We continue our "tactical" ekhem, retreat while dwarf is throwing molotovs at Thralls. But don't do much damage.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

Something exploded, finally.

35.jpg

36.jpg

Well, dwarf is killing some of them. But we kinda got little bit close to the village.

37.jpg

38.jpg

Even fir'Bolg got some!

39.jpg

But Soulless are coming.

40.jpg

41.jpg

We order fir'Bolg to shoot Soulless while warriors attack remaining Thralls.

42.jpg

43.jpg

There is only one Soulless left so we order to CHARGE!

44.jpg

45.jpg

... nevermind.

46.jpg

47.jpg

Now we have a bit of problem here. Undead are pressing us and we would have to split our forces in order to drag the undead away from the village. OR we could fall back into the village (sacrificing few villagers probably) and make our defence there. Since we are elite special forces part of the Legion we decide to... sacrifice villagers.

48.jpg

We regrouped and we are in the process of chucking flaming shit, shooting arrows and making generally a nuisance of ourselves.

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

But soon we are overwhelmed and we have to reatreat to the village.

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

Well, we reached center of the village and now we must made our last stand here.

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

One of our warriors died, but in chaos of battle we have no idea who, and to be honest, we don't give a crap.

60.jpg

We order our warrios to fall back and let fir'Bolgs deal with soulless.

62.jpg

Soulless decided to reatreat. Village have been saved (sort of) and everybody is cheering by shouting "HOLY SHIT I'M ALIVE!" then they shag some of the village sheeps and fall on the floor completely exhausted...

debrief.jpg

Esquilax

Arcane
:yeah:

What an amazing game this was. I have fond memories of not only the great campaign, but the amazing multiplayer as well.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Are you using any mods? Texture packs? I'm not sure if the first game looked that good without some texture packs.

Also:

Casualty!

asongforsimeon

Educated
Non SOTH-hard, but pretty hard nonetheless. Good choice. There are some tough guys in potatoland, I see.

A Traitor's Grave

A Traitor's Grave
Tuesday Augst 5, King's Highway

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

1.jpg

Unfortunately you don't choose your troops in Myth. You have to do with what you'v been given. And we didn't got any melee units, oh well.

2.jpg

We meet our guide and tell him that we are looking for middle-aged guy...

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Our guide's name is Fulbart. And mr. Fulbart is only example of crappy voice acting in this game, every one else have stellar voice overs.

6.jpg

Bullfart is guiding us to the Mayor, but we are being followed by Ghol.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Ghols failed their hide roll and decided to regroup before attacking us again.

10.jpg

This is not most formidable force we encountered so far and they choosed obvious way to approach so dealing with them should be just a formality.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

They brought Soulless with them though, so we order some of our archers to dance in serpentine pattern to avoid javelins while the rest is shooting.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

We danced Soulless to death and we can continue our quest.

17.jpg

18.jpg

We can't seem to take even five steps without being attacked. This time Soulless have Thralls supporting them. But we are more afraid of javelin chuckers to be honest, Thralls are too slow, and there is just a few of them.

19.jpg

We send Ori forward to deal with Thralls. This can make him target for Soulless but we hope that few hits by javelins won't kill him. Also, those shields next to Ori's name are his experience points. More experience unit has, more effective it is, obviously. Ori have full set of shields so he will be better at chucking flaming stuff at thralls.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Well, Ori annoyed Thralls. But not much beyond that.

22.jpg

We fall back a little bit and continue our struggle.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Ori don't approve of Ghols bullshit.

26.jpg

We had to fall back even further but goddamn Ghols are gone so dealing with Thralls is just a matter of time.

27.jpg

Thrall-Ghol-Soulless trio is dealt with, but one of our archer is badly wounded so we order our Journeyman to heal him.

28.jpg

Those fat guys in silly furs are basically healers. They carry 6 "mandrake roots" that can be used either to heal your unit OR to kill one undead (and this is actually very useful later in the game... much, much later).

29.jpg

Archer is healed up and we continue to follow bullfart.

30.jpg

And here is our target. Dude on the left, not the Thrall who seems to by screaming "fuck my unlifee!".

31.jpg

We decide that frontal attack is not worthy of our special forces training and we prepare an ambush among dem trees.

32.jpg

Our target approaches. Mayor seems to be given name "Mayor" at birth so there would be now misunderstandings about who's in charge in Otter Ferry.

33.jpg

But our special force got fucking stuck in the trees...

34.jpg

Meanwhile, bullfart is getting raped by Ghols but we don't have time for such trivialities.

35.jpg

36.jpg

We finally managed to find our way between dem sneaky trees and we are ready to jump on our pray like enraged tiger.

37.jpg

We have been flanked by Ghols so we send Journeyman to beat the shit out of them with his shovel.

38.jpg

While Journeyman was busy bashing Ghols with a shovel Ori managed to essplode Mayor. And mission is over before we got killed by Ghols...

debrief.jpg

Are you using any mods? Texture packs? I'm not sure if the first game looked that good without some texture packs.

Also:

Casualty!

I'm using Project Magma's 1.5 Unofficial Patch which allows to play Myth with OpenGl support. It also removes problems with playing Myth on newer systems (Vista and 7 I guess, never had problem with this game on XP even without Magma's patch). But this patch makes videos and briefings not in full screen unfortunately.

http://projectmagma.net/

You should provide links to the into videos of each mission.

Myth had the best storyteller VA out of any game, period. 10 years later I still remember that voice and whole paragraphs of the thing.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Also:

Casualty!

I'm using Project Magma's 1.5 Unofficial Patch which allows to play Myth with OpenGl support. It also removes problems with playing Myth on newer systems (Vista and 7 I guess, never had problem with this game on XP even without Magma's patch). But this patch makes videos and briefings not in full screen unfortunately.

http://projectmagma.net/

I was just checking that site myself. Thanks for the info!

You should provide links to the into videos of each mission.

Myth had the best storyteller VA out of any game, period. 10 years later I still remember that voice and whole paragraphs of the thing.

You are right. Problem is, I'm on win98 and Adobe seemed to stop supporting Flash Player 9 and every software site I visited deleted their links to Flash 9. And more recent versions don't work on win98. Actually, I have found some working links to flash player 9 but some 1,5MB versions that simply don't work in my case. Only flash player that made youtube working on win98 for me was 230 or so MB Flash Player 9 and I can't find it anywhere now.

I think this is last update for today so I may actually install XP just to be able to provide links for briefings, they are worth it. Mr. Corporate Jew Master is right, Myth narrator is great, he's no Tony Jay, mind you, but that's probably what make him more believable as a "one of many soldiers".

EDIT: well, it turned out that this tiny flashplayer actually does work, but only with Internet Explorer, goddamit. I'v added links to cutscenes. I was unable to find any usable briefing videos, the one I found were just fan made videos + recording of narrator voice, but quality is so poor that you can barely tell what dude is talking so they are useless to me.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
-----------------
TABLE OF CONTENT:
I duuno how to make named links, like its "Crow's Bridge" and when you click on it poof! you are suddenly in a right post. I'm technologicaly impaired and all I can do is write words under ze pictures so halp me pls.
-----------------

Follow my lead my potato brother and soon you will master the sacred and ancient art of linking to your own posts:

First,

capture_003_24032013_190222.jpg

Then,

capture_001_24032013_191544.jpg

The result will look like this:

Act 1 - Myth: the Fallen Lords

Carry on good sir. :salute: Myth is one of the greatest games of my childhood. :tearofapotato:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Another quick question. You seem to have a more zoom out view than I do on those screenshots. I push the zoom out key to maximum and I still have the camera pretty low and that makes my field of view quite small. Anything I can do about it? Its a standard laptop resolution on 1366x768 so it may be the reason.

Edit:

I went with playing Myth I campaing on the engine of Myth II, and all my zoom problems seems to be gone as Myth II lets me set the resolution to my laptop default.

The Siege of Madrigal

The Siege of Madrigal
Friday August 8, Otter Ferry

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

1.jpg

Well, that's actually pretty big force we got here. Too bad we didn't get any dwarfs.

2.jpg

But we have Bevis the Ghol Spotter.

3.jpg

No time for any witty maneuvers so we order a charge.

4.jpg

Like so.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Its nice to have some warmup before more serious fighting anyway.

7.jpg

The Ghols are dead and we can continue to the bridge unmolested.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Or not.

10.jpg

Time to get dirty again.

11.jpg

12.jpg

ARE YOU FUCKING DONE YET, GHOLS?!

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Ok, I think they're done.

16.jpg

17.jpg

We re-group and after putting two warrior dudes to cover archers back, we start to move towards the bridge.

18.jpg

We scare some Ghols off and then we start to make a plan how to cross the bridge.

19.jpg

Bridge seems to be guarded only by couple of Soulless but behind them is much larger undead force and frontal assault would end in bloodbath. So we decide to abuse AI use tactics.

20.jpg

But first we need to deal with those Soulless.

21.jpg

We used two units to get javelin chuckers attention and then we tell all our archers to shoot them while dancing around to avoid spears thrown in our general direction.

22.jpg

Our archers are not amazingly experienced but they can deal with couple of Soulless.

23.jpg

There is Jimi Hendrix joke in there somwhere.

24.jpg

Now we must somehow kill those guys. It won't be very difficult, just tedious.

25.jpg

We send three archers there (bridge is too narrow to send more) and shoot Soulless and fall back when they try to shoot back. If you step off the bridge enemies guarding it will go back to their positions. Archers shoot slightly faster and I think they have slightly longer range so Soulless don't really have a chance. You can call it abusing the AI but you can also larp that since they are brainless undead they will just carry their order (guard the bridge) no matter what hapens. Like I did, to feel bit better about myself.

26.jpg

Well, we repeated this whole process until all Soulless were dead. It's not really that tedious since you can speed-up the game (up to 16x times).

27.jpg

Couple Thralls were following Soulless into our death trap so we ordered our warriors to chop them to pieces.

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Close-ups for IMMERSHUN! sake.

31.jpg

Bridge is ours now. We order everyone to get to the other side, we send archers first to weaken Thralls if they decide to attack us.

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

Serious tactical shit like you never saw before.

35.jpg

We order one dude to cheer in honour of our glorious victory over the bridge.

36.jpg

Ok, back to the business. Taking the bridge was only first part of our mission. We now have to find part of the army that besieges Madrigal and force their asses to chase us.

37.jpg

We have heard a strange noise. Like something is... shrieking.

38.jpg

Wights. Suicide bombers of Fallen Lords armies. They will try to get near your soldiers and then detonates themselves but cutting their bellies with a knife. And fun fact, noise they are making is the same sound as Rat Ogre's shriek in Shadow of the Horned Rat. This sound is very often used in movies and games, I think it's sound of leather glove dragged over bass strings.

39.jpg

We shoot the fucker with arrows.

40.jpg

ESSPLOSION!

41.jpg

Getting over the bridge was nothing to shrug about and now we got ourselves surrounded by exploding dudes. Join the Legion they said...

42.jpg

See the fucking world they said...

43.jpg

But exploding dudes?

44.jpg

45.jpg

They didn't even fucking mentioned it.

46.jpg

After exploding what was to explode we prepare to get our sorry asses closer to enemy camp.

47.jpg

And here they are, now we must make them follow us back to the bridge.

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

CASUALTY!

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

We fended off Ghols attack but now we must GTFO, liek, fast.

54.jpg

Faster than that.

55.jpg

FASTER GODDAMIT!

56.jpg

Almost there!

57.jpg

Fucking map designers man, bunch of trolls.

58.jpg

We essploded the dude-trap and we are getting our asses to the other side of the bridge.

59.jpg

I don't know what we supposed to achieve by dragging enemy army five steps from their camp, but I just follow the orders.

60.jpg

Much rejoicing.

debrief.jpg

And three causualties.

Ah, good memories from that mission.

Would like to see how well you fare in the Tain.

I'm pretty sure I will fuck-snap at mission in which you get only Berserkers* and probably lower difficulty for this one.

* You know which one, I don't want to spoil what this mission is about in case that someone who doesn't know this game. is reading this.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Brofisted two of your posts for your taking the extra time to draw arrows and commentary into your pictures. 3 updates in a day. You are really putting some effort into this.

:salute:

Edit: I just checked to see if GOG is selling this game, but it looks like they are not. I'm now a sad Codexer.

Esquilax

Arcane
Amen to that. You are a goddamn machine, bro. I love this good shit.

:bro:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Great work. You can really crank these let's plays out.

I remember getting Myth 2 for a Christmas gift, but I was too feeble to beat it so I just cheated my way through it :oops: . Distinctly remember those dwarves though, and how fun it was to blow undead scum to bits with their bombs.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Fucking good choice. Hoped the hint at the end of the SOTHR LP was pointing to this.

Thanks for comments. As for my ms paint arrerz, it's sometimes hard to point out that's something important is going on on screenshot, our soldiers moving to attack enemy for example, and writing "and then we order... and then we order..." etc. may not do the trick and there is language barrier and I don't want to repeat myself too much because of poor vocabulary. So I started to draw those arrows in SotHR LP and they do pretty good work at explaining some stuff. And for the comments on screenshots - dead soldiers in Myth are always replaced for next mission (by fresh troops) and it makes them much more expendable than SotHR regiments so I couldn't give them too much character, but I also didn't want them to be completely silent.

And finally for updating speed. Fortunately I choose mission based games for my first LP's and that makes updating LP very easy and quick since I know how long one update have to last and don't have to worry if update is too short or too long, so I just spam them as they go.

DraQ

Arcane
THAT's what I call enjoyable RT micro, not some IE shit.
:salute:

Shit, I really need to find Myth dilogy somewhere, I only played 2 and was still much of a wuss back then.

BTW: I LOL'd at Ghols going "TROLOLO" - I think only someone who has played 1 or 2 can truly appreciate that.
:lol:

And while the troops might expendable, troops that don't get replaced grow in experience and become awsum.

tl;dr
:avatard:

Homecoming

Homecoming
Monday September 15, Outskirts of Tyr

narrator.jpg

DEAR DIARY.

TODaY WAS A GoOD DAY. WE WerE SEND TO REtRIEVE THE TOtAL KKODEX oR SOME SHIeT, AND THEN WE WERE ALL LiEK "CASAUltY! CASUalTY!" LOL.

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

cut1.jpg

cut2.jpg

cut3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Part of our forces teleported through the knot. We must now roll in special forces manner avoiding javelins screaming "GO GO GO!" "SECTOR CLEAR!" and all that jazz and then get our asses OUT of the knot to make way for the rest of our highy trained killing machines.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Like so.

7.jpg

Our archers joined us but Ghols thought they will be easy target and decided to attack. We send our warriors to deal with them.

8.jpg

9.jpg

And then quickly order archers to shoot at Soulless.

10.jpg

Myth AI may seem braindead but sometimes it's capable of doing sensible things, for example Soulless lost their melee support so they won't attack us straight away and will try only to harass us little bit until they get more help.

11.jpg

While archers are trying to deal with Soulless our Journeyman arrives. He's the only unit that can carry Kkodex so it's crucial to keep him alive. Also, JOURNEYMAN iST COMPUTAR! NARRATUR!.

12.jpg

I don't know who the fuck would put KKodex in such a sacred place so it's must be doing of evil.

14.jpg

We outwitted Soulless (Achievment unlocked!) by pretentind to retreat and then shooting them with archers and we are ready to go search for the Kkodex.

Puddles of water or somesuch. We can cross them allright, but water will put down fuses of dwarfs bombs so we must be careful.

15.jpg

Also, REFLEKSHUN! this game is so fucking next-gen man.

16.jpg

We quickly cross puddles of water in hope that we can avoid fighting in them. But we were immediately attacked by undead.

17.jpg

We sort of avoided fighting in water but now we must fight up-hill. We also send warriors close to get some heat off the archers. Warriors are in tight formation so Soulless will surely hit someone, but I prefer to loose warriors than archers to be honest.

18.jpg

Goddamit, Thralls. Well, this will probably mean we will have to fall back to puddles of water.

19.jpg

We harass Thralls with dorfs trying NOT to throw two molotovs in one place. It's fine if they explode at the same time, but that rarely happens. Usually when you throw two bombs at the same place explosion of one will throw another one in random direction... and if they hit your dorfs man... Each dwarf carry couple of satchel charges than cane be used to place "mine fields" for large enemy groups, if dorf essplodes - satchel charges also go off and BOOOM!. It's hilarious as fuck, but you have to reload afterwards...

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Ok, now we must seriously fall back.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

Actually, dorfs managed to severly weaken Thralls before we reached water so we order our warriors to attack.

28.jpg

29.jpg

Total War ain't got shit on this game.

30.jpg

Ok, Thralls are chopped to pieces.

31.jpg

Now we order our archers to deal with Soulless like Legion instructional movies shows how it should be done.

danceswithsoulless.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

We got hurt in the process. We should fucking sue Costner.

34.jpg

And more Soulless are coming!

35.jpg

We send warriors to flank them, and also we try to get one badly wounded archer out of Javelin Rape Zone.

36.jpg

But we failed. CASUALTY!

37.jpg

I realised that sending all wariors in tight formation there is a waste of lives. So three weak and wounded brave warriors were pushed out by the rest volunteered to attack javelin chuckers.

38.jpg

We order them to split and attack. Soulless actually were quite confused by this turn of events.

39.jpg

And they called for support.

40.jpg

But we had enough time to pick off couple of them.

41.jpg

Ok, now GTFO.

42.jpg

CASUALTY!

43.jpg

And now begins the process of chucking flaming shit.

44.jpg

How many shit can chuckling Chuck chuck?

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

Alot is the answer, if there are two chucking Chucks. Thralls are weakend enough and we send our warriors to attack.

48.jpg

We really shouldn't have done that. But I was impatient and those are early missions. In later ones game will not allow us to get away with shit like that.

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

CASUAlTY!

52.jpg

Ok, thralls are dead-dead and we use our archers to shoot remaining Soulless.

53.jpg

Purple Haze all around!

54.jpg

Ok, we are done. Now GET TO DA KKODEX!

55.jpg

It's here. Corpses of group that was sent here previously are also here. They must have had dwarfs with them, because we see satchel charges "mine field". Well, setting a mine field didn't fucking helped them much.

56.jpg

But we are not the previous group and we can deal with some undead. We choose "Aethelwulf" to scout ahead. You can recognise this guy from previous mission. He was one warrior we put at the bridge to help archers abuse the AI.

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

He got Thrall's attention and we order him to get back to where the rest of our soldiers are.

60.jpg

Draggin poor undeads into Thrall Rape Zone.

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

But while we were raping Thralls, more undead arrived.

64.jpg

But we were prepared and our hidden warriors jump on Soulless like enraged, bloodthirsty siberian lion.

65.jpg

But we must order them to fall back because more Thralls are coming.

66.jpg

One warrior slashes Soulless while retreating becasue he's badass like that.

67.jpg

68.jpg

Then we send dwarves into the fray. Also we use two warriors to drag some undead somwhere else.

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

Drofs kinda botched their job and we must charge with warriors.

72.jpg

Thralls decides that they have better things to do than fighting our warriors... and just go away.

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

They didn't even try to fight back so we just chopped them to pieces. It fucking confused the shit out of me to be honest, I thought they are trying to lead us into a trap, but no. They were just... walking away man, just walking away... like, they didn't want to fight anymore, like something broke inside them and they just... I don't know man, the horros of war... THE HORROR.

76.jpg

Ok, Thralls are dead so we order Four Serpent Seeking Shadow to get the KKodex.

77.jpg

78.jpg

It would be nice if we could go back the way we came here, but no such luck.

79.jpg

Serpent Seeking Shadow Panther thinks he knows better way out and leads us straight into fucking Ghol trap.

80.jpg

Ghols can pick-up EVERY item lying in the battlefield, be it hand or leg, sword or someones head and throw it at you. They can also carry exploding pieces of Wights... take your guess what those Ghols are carrying...

81.jpg

Yup, Wights pieces. And we are surrounded by those damn Ghols. Good job Serpent Seeking Panther Faggot, fucking good job.

82.jpg

We were fending off those cunts for something that seemed like eternity. And they were constantly throwing some shit at us. Now I know how the AI feels in this game.

83.jpg

Four Faggots Serpent Shadow Seeking Panther was hit by wight piece. Suits him well, it was he's idea to go this way.

84.jpg

and this whole "Throw Random Shit at Unfortunate Legion Soldiers" was just a diversion to give Thralls and Soulless enough time to get to us.

85.jpg

So we are just getting the fuck out of here no matter what. Ghols can keep throwing shit if they want. We are OUT!

86.jpg

We reached fabled Invisible Line Marking End of the Map and someone screamed "beam me up scotty!" and mission is over.

89.jpg

Undead were dissapointed that map designers decided to end this mission in such cheap way.

88.jpg

debrief.jpg

CASUALTIES!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom