Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anybody want a job?

http://www.linkedin.com/nhome/updates?topic=5727467524308611072

inXile entertainment is looking for 2 key positions to help finish Wasteland 2, then work on Torment: Tides of Numenera next. We need an experienced system/level designer with RPG experience who enjoys working in script and editor. We also need an experienced/lead particle artist. If you are this person (or know of them), please let me know and we can arrange an interview. Thanks!

sea Here's your chance!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Anybody want a job?

http://www.linkedin.com/nhome/updates?topic=5727467524308611072

inXile entertainment is looking for 2 key positions to help finish Wasteland 2, then work on Torment: Tides of Numenera next. We need an experienced system/level designer with RPG experience who enjoys working in script and editor. We also need an experienced/lead particle artist. If you are this person (or know of them), please let me know and we can arrange an interview. Thanks!

sea Here's your chance!

Unfortunately I'm overqualified :troll:

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't know any of that but I can give blowjobs if needed
Kitako207.jpg

"I'm here for the blowjob, Mr. Fargo."

MapMan

Arcane
Jesus fuck, what's wrong inxile? Sometimes you go and make some really cool stuff (like with the new torment or some W2 stuff) and other times I feel like you hired the DoubleBear Studios concept artist or prosper. No idea which is worse.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Prosper has no sense of humor.

Edit: I stand correct, Prosper has a warped sense of humor. Unfortunately I had a job for the last 10 years :smug:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jesus fuck, what's wrong inxile? Sometimes you go and make some really cool stuff (like with the new torment or some W2 stuff) and other times I feel like you hired the DoubleBear Studios concept artist or prosper. No idea which is worse.
We just like to keep you guys on your toes :troll:

EG

Nullified

More comfortable with showing their random bursts of shit to the world.

I dislike their dishonesty during the campaign. They should have said that Microsoft has them by the balls. Now, I'm a bit worried. Who knows what else they "forgot" to mention. I just hope the game will be good at least, and not too short. More and more of these kickstarters turn to be dishonest in order to grab more money from desperate old school single player fans. This does not bode well for it. :decline: I hope inXile and Obsidian won't fuck up like this.

Rake

Arcane
I dislike their dishonesty during the campaign. They should have said that Microsoft has them by the balls. Now, I'm a bit worried. Who knows what else they "forgot" to mention. I just hope the game will be good at least, and not too short. More and more of these kickstarters turn to be dishonest in order to grab more money from desperate old school single player fans. This does not bode well for it. :decline: I hope inXile and Obsidian won't fuck up like this.
Wasteland 2 is in the same position with EA. I just hope Fargo managed to get a better deal. And assuming W2 is successfull, can inXile do W3 or does need again the permition of EA, maybe with a diffirent deal this time? Brother None?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 2 is in the same position with EA. I just hope Fargo managed to get a better deal. And assuming W2 is successfull, can inXile do W3 or does need again the permition of EA, maybe with a diffirent deal this time? Brother None?

I actually asked Brother None about this yesterday. He doesn't know much other than that Brian has some written agreement with EA.

I can imagine that if the game turns out to be a huge multi million seller, that EA might try to step in for Wasteland 3. Although since Fargo owns the trademark he can always veto their bullshit and make another game instead. I don't think EA needs that bad PR at this point.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The situation is a quite a bit different, EA has no say or control over Wasteland 2, how it's made or how it's sold. But yeah, I don't know the details, should ask Brian some day coz I'm pretty curious myself, particularly how it works with a theoretical Wasteland 3. Maybe the materials used in WL2 automatically become part of inXile's IP? I don't know.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Yeah, I'm pretty curious about that too. Is Wasteland 2 going to be the only game in the series? Or inXile will be able to churn out more sequels without EA interference? I hope Fargo has this resolved before W2 gets released.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
No, the WL2 logo. T-Rex Girl is hilariously pathetic, yes...but not what I was referring to. It's a difficult thing indeed to make me simultaneously think "Jesus, guys...stop trying so hard" and "Jesus, guys...please try a little harder".

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
No, the WL2 logo. T-Rex Girl is hilariously pathetic, yes...but not what I was referring to. It's a difficult thing indeed to make me simultaneously think "Jesus, guys...stop trying so hard" and "Jesus, guys...please try a little harder".
Or are you referring to hiver's logo?

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wonder when we'll be getting some new media.
Shouldn't they pop up more frequently the closer they're getting to the release date?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom