Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Guido Henkel's Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore - CANCELLED

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't help it, the name "Deathfire" is so kitschy, not even a third rate death metal band would consider it. Do it in German, Guido. Everything sounds better in German.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I can't help it, the name "Deathfire" is so kitschy, not even a third rate death metal band would consider it. Do it in German, Guido. Everything sounds better in German.
FeuerTote?o_O

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yep, German makes it sound more like the name of a second rate thrash metal band, which would be a slight improvement.

TODFEUER

Then just ask Johan, the singer of Amon Amarth, to make a German version of Death in Fire that you can use as a theme for the game.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Nevermind that feuer and fuhrer sounds very similar, especially to foreigners.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
TODFÜHRER, the game about nazi experiments to raise an undead army and enslave nations with necromancy! With Hitler who transformed into a lich as the final boss!

It's unfortunate that the instincts I first felt towards this guy during the Thorvalla campaign are just being reinforced over and over again

Gord

Arcane
I think "Todesfeuer" would sound better although that might be literally closer to "Fire of Death".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Deathfire_chargen1.jpg

Looks like an Infinity Engine mod

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I know/ :lol: I thought that at first too. I really wish he would re-think the combat, and not do combat mambo...

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
A year ago or so, it would have been unthinkable for me not to have Guido Henkel's cRPG in my Top Ten Awaited Games list. 'Tis a strange world we live in.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Nice to see that he's moving forward with this game. But I don't like what I'm seeing.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Guido Henkel said:
There seems to be a misunderstanding. Deathfire is not an “action-packed” game as in an action game with twitch controls. We are making a deep character-based role-playing game in the traditional sense but one where a lot is going on and where environments are more dynamic than in other traditional RPGs that often have a very static feel – hence my use of the term real-time. These real-time aspects do not, however, preclude us from creating a proper combat system that is either turn-based or something similar.
I hope that explains it a little better.

Now I'm even more confused. But I'm glad he is considering turn-based combat "or something similar".

Wizfall

Cipher
Guido Henkel said:
There seems to be a misunderstanding. Deathfire is not an “action-packed” game as in an action game with twitch controls. We are making a deep character-based role-playing game in the traditional sense but one where a lot is going on and where environments are more dynamic than in other traditional RPGs that often have a very static feel – hence my use of the term real-time. These real-time aspects do not, however, preclude us from creating a proper combat system that is either turn-based or something similar.
I hope that explains it a little better.

Now I'm even more confused. But I'm glad he is considering turn-based combat "or something similar".
Well i always knew the game would certainly be TB.
Not his fault if some of you misunderstand and misinterpret everything he says !
(I think it would not be a bad idea that we ignore the fact that he just changed opinion. For once, the Codex should do the intelligent thing and collectively acknowledge he always wanted to do TB)

Stabwound

Arcane
In addition, we would very much like you to help us spread the word, tell others about Deathfire to help make this game a success. Therefore, we are hosting a give-away, offering up a Blu-Ray/DVD copy of the video game based movie Silent Hill: Revelation.
:what:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
In addition, we would very much like you to help us spread the word, tell others about Deathfire to help make this game a success. Therefore, we are hosting a give-away, offering up a Blu-Ray/DVD copy of the video game based movie Silent Hill: Revelation.
:what:

Haha what the fuck? Can't he give a shirt or something? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom