Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's demote some moderators

I would demote...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
As much as I like the man's admiration for the Rolant MT and for Ultima (at least I think he likes Ultima) I don't think Jaesun has been doing a consistent job, often moving threads when it, to me, seemed unneeded, or splitting them up for some harmless banter. So he gets my vote. He should still be mod for adventure games though- he loves them and he's always been doing a good job there.

This
This.
That.

Kirtai

Augur
So, now that the principle dissidents have revealed themselves, when can we expect Jaeson to release the hounds upon them? :D

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So, now that the principle dissidents have revealed themselves, when can we expect Jaeson to release the hounds upon them? :D
Judging by how much he's cared in the past, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Science needs better moderation as it is very shitty right now. Hell, it is even worse than r/science. Not to mention that a lot of the articles posted there are often posted on reddit as well, which speaks enough about their quality :decline: . I don't know if this is the moderators' fault or the Codex in general. A more active moderator might be helpful, though.

General discussion has become shittier. Again, I don't know if the moderators are to blame. Same goes for the politics forum, in which an experiment with a heavier moderation might actually prove useful-the " Libru.ls ", "jews" etc circlejerk was never interesting and it didn't contribute to anything. :decline:

As for the gaming forums-some very serious moderation is needed there immediately. What are the "The BioW are and Mass Effect Thread!", Dragon Age 2 etc threads doing on the Made for Console Popamole RPGs forum?!:decline: These belong in General Gaming at best. I know that there isn't a consensus on what an rpg is, but I thought that we all agreed on what an rpg isn't, and that is Mass Effect. Arguably, Deus Ex threads don't belong there as well.
The Codex is growing soft.

EDIT: Libru.ls is not censored:incline:

Shadenuat

Arcane
They all do a fine job at doing nothing and preserving the anarchy I like so much at Codex, imo they all should get a raise
(to specify: in my experience a moderator is a dick who runs around editing your posts with annoyingly colored font, bans people with opinions and tags every thread as offtopic depending on his mood or amount of alcohol avaible; so, by my standards, Codex moderators do not qualify... except maybe Crispy, but he's too adorable to not to keep)

20 Eyes

Liturgist

Emoticon: X
Circle-jerking: X
Brofist Harvesting: X
Mod brown-nosing: X

Member No. 15580, that was a very low quality post. I'd like to see better content from you in the future.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RRRrrr It appears you have yet to understand why we have a Console RPGs forum. Think about it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To separate from the kickstarter threads?

I don't understand this post. Is there something wrong with Kickstarter or the discussion of Kickstarter funded games on the forums?

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
RRRrrr It appears you have yet to understand why we have a Console RPGs forum. Think about it.
Nope, I can understand why the forum is there. I can't understand why the Mass Effect or Dragon Age threads are there, though. Since when is Mass Effect an RPG? Perhaps Far Cry 3 or Dead Space belong there as well?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Nope, I can understand why the forum is there. I can't understand why the Mass Effect or Dragon Age threads are there, though. Since when is Mass Effect an RPG? Perhaps Far Cry 3 or Dead Space belong there as well?

No, you don't understand.

Tell me, which games would you say DO belong in that forum?

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No, you don't understand. Let me give you a hint.

Which games would you say DO belong in that forum?
There are a lot of games that belong there-Alpha protocol, The Witcher 2/3, Skyrim, Fallout 3 etc.

Mass Effect threads used to be in general gaming, which is where they belong.

EDIT: This is one of the reasons I registered on the Codex in the first place-on popamole forums they called me retarded for pointing out that Mass Effect 2 is not an RPG.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
No, you don't understand. Let me give you a hint.

Which games would you say DO belong in that forum?
There are a lot of games that belong there-Alpha protocol, The Witcher 2/3, Skyrim, Fallout 3 etc.

Mass Effect threads used to be in general gaming, which is where they belong.

EDIT: This is one of the reasons I registered on the Codex in the first place-on popamole forums they called me retarded for pointing out that Mass Effect 2 is not an RPG.

Hiking simulator Skyrim and corridor shooter Alpha Protocol are RPGs, but Dragon Age: Origins isn't? Interesting. You realize that's a controversial opinion, right?

Since the Codex's moderation stuff doesn't have an interest in constantly moving threads from forum to forum and having endless arguments about the definition of an RPG, we made the Console Popamole RPG forum for every modern console game that is marketed as an RPG.

If that bothers you, try to concentrate on the Console Popamole part, not the RPG part.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hiking simulator Skyrim and corridor shooter Alpha Protocol are RPGs, but Dragon Age: Origins isn't? Interesting. You realize that's a controversial opinion, right?
What are the "The BioW are and Mass Effect Thread!", Dragon Age 2 etc threads doing on the Made for Console Popamole RPGs forum?!

Dragon Age Origins belong there. Dragon Age 2...not so much. But while you can argue that Dragon Age 2 is still an RPG, if a popamole one, Mass Effect 2 or 3 are RPGs in any way at all. Mass Effect 1 can still be considered in RPG, though.
Hopefully, saying that Mass Effect 2 and 3 are not RPGs is not a controversial opinion on the codex...yet.

Since the Codex's moderation stuff doesn't have an interest in constantly moving threads from forum to forum and having endless arguments about the definition of an RPG, we made the Console Popamole RPG forum for every modern console game that is marketed as an RPG.

If that bothers you, try to concentrate on the Console Popamole part, not the RPG part.
Then the definition of the forum should be changed.

For all those modern RPGs that have been designed for consoles as their target audience. Includes console only titles and games that had a multi-platform release on launch day.

Diablo 3 doesn't have a console version and is not designed for consoles. It is popamole in every sense of the word though.
Why not just call the forum "Popamole games marketed as RPGs"?

EDIT: Not that is is the end of the world but it is disappointing that the Codex has acknowledged that Mass Effect 2 is an RPG. Moving the Biowahre thread in General Gaming shows the Codex's attitude towards BioWare's complete decline.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom