Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Wild Arms/Breath of Fire game

Ermm

Erudite
Wanted to create a discussion for these two JRPG popular underdogs, so I just merged these two in one topic.

My favorite Breath of Fire game will always be BOF4. Sure, they did some decline with overworld map, but the gameplay, story, and fun exploration more than makes up for it.

My favorite Wild Arms is WD2. The only problem I had with this game was the weird MP system.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I liked BoF 4 and WA2 because i only played those

Eyeball

Arcane
BOF2. The end boss was basically killing mutant Jesus. How can you not love that shit?

Only played WA for about half an hour because it's not half as good as the other PS classics, so it will have to be WA1, for its awesome Morricone ripoff overworld theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joq9WadIMxE

Xeon

Augur
Breath of Fire 3 is my very first RPG I played and maybe because of that its my favorite. Still Fou-Lu from 4 is one of my favorite game characters.

Wild Arms 1. I still remember the opening music to that game.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I think Dragon Quarter is actually my favourite, but I'd say BoF 3 is the best from an objective standpoint. I never got very far in 4 though, I always lose interest when it switches to the villain guy.

But BoF 3 has the dragon gene system, which is awesome, the master/apprentice system, which is also awesome, and a somewhat interesting cast.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Also, how fares the PC version of BoF 4? Shitty?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm partial to 2 because that's the one I grew up with. I'm very fond of its tight design.
It may or may not have also made me furry so you can blame that.

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
WA2 had some interesting ideas in terms of plot, but it was overlong, horribly elaborate, and terribly translated. Mechanically I preferred WA3, I still think that game had a fantastic battle system.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
XF and Dragon Quarter obviously
Dragon Quarter in theroy should be a fantastic game, but the execution just didn't work for me... characters have no charisma, and the combat feels grindy and slow as fuck, while not tactical or deep enough. Might get better later in the game, but I didn't stay to find out.

Borelli

Arcane
Played BoF 1, 3 and 4. First one is a decent dragon quest clone, fourth has a good combo system (and it worked just fine on my emulator) but 3 is the best overall. Especially the beginning when you are playing Robin Hood in the forest. One of the best jrpg moment ever.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Is it in BoF4 where you meet that fucking crazy dolphin near the fairy village, right? I laughed so hard on that one.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
BoF IV also had some very nice and weird music. That was really awesome. Shame I find Dragon Quarter so unbelievably shit..

Xeon

Augur
Is it in BoF4 where you meet that fucking crazy dolphin near the fairy village, right? I laughed so hard on that one.

That happens in BoF3. BoF4 had some invisible things instead.

tiagocc0

Arcane
I will have to replay both 3 and 4 later, it was a long time ago when I played them and I have already blurred them on my mind. :)

Ermm

Erudite
This may sound weird, but I always found first BOF basically unplayable for some reason. That comes from someone who really enjoyed and completed first four Dragon Quest games for NES.

How long is the first BOF (if I decide to play it for real once and for all), and is BOF 2 any better?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom