Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Finally done with that thieve's den level. Besides the fact that I had a really hard time on it, I don't think that level was very good - repetitive sewer like corridors and exploration was pretty linear, boring all around. The next mission was fantastic though: Constantine's Manor. I decided to not reload after being spotted every time, so I had a really fun time running away from guards through the increasingly surreal corridors; running down hallways only to find that they end up at a 1 foot high door, jumping up through floors, good stuff.

circ

Arcane
Don't want to keep playing Van Helsing so I reinstalled... D-D-Dungeon Siege 3. Oh god. PLEASE MAKE THE CAMERA AND CONTROLS STOP. Died at first major boss, not surprisingly. THANKS OBAMA OBSIDIAN.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
d00d we can play DS3 co-op! Nah, don't think I want to reinstall it....

...not unless we get a party of four!

Fallout New Vegas. IMHO the best overall game of this generation. Not the best in parts, but the sum of its parts is great. I just never find it boring.

Is this the meme joke du jour of the Codex?

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
So, is Tribes ascend still expensive as fuck to play?

Victoria 2 vanilla. Shit, this game is boring if you don't play 1st or 2nd powers. Broken trade also. Why the fuck can't I just buy those supplies I need to erect new factory, JESUS CHRIST, I'VE 200k monies on stock!

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
UMJbdtl.png

I went back to playing the Age of Decadence demo and just finished a playthrough with a sleazy, opportunistic diplomat/ranged fighter hybrid. Despite rather underwhelming stats, the character performed surprisingly well.

In combat I used mainly crossbows to take down enemies from afar, aiming for their legs to slow them down and keep them from closing in on me. In some fights against multiple enemies, I simply picked a tight spot where only one enemy could engage me at a time and then ignored him (and prayed for successful dodge rolls) while I took down the rest from behind my improvised cover. Poison definitely came in handy there.

Although I wanted to join the Imperial Guards, they wouldn't let me because I was too scrawny (though I think someone said a body count check might be possible in future versions, that would be swell for ranged characters). While it would have been easy to go the Commercium route and then switch to the Guards, I felt I wanted more of a challenge, so I joined the Boatmen instead and then betrayed them.

The screen above was taken right after the guild fight, which I found to be quite tricky at first. I managed to beat it by using neurostimulant vials to boost AP and throwing bolas at the enemies. As soon as Coltan was immobilised I ran up to him and used the steel dagger from Militades to take him out. After that, Agatai went down quickly as I switched between throwing bolas and firing the armour-piercing steel bolts at him.

Of course, this only really worked because the demo provides some free alchemical recipes and ingredients. Also, while 8 charisma was enough to gain important information from various characters, it was still too low to truly convince the preacher.

In the end, I brokered an alliance between Antidas and Carrinas only to outjew them both, planning to hand over their treaty document to the Aurelians. Great fun, though I imagine if I could keep playing, a lot of angry people would want my head on a pike (or worse).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
After playing Divine Divinity in April, lured into it by the D:OS kickstarter, I've been left wanting for more and decided to replay the Dragon Knight Saga over May - replaying Div2 that I've already finished once, and go through Flames of Vengeance that I didn't bother with last time.

Today I finished it all. And fuck me sideways, FoV was MAJESTIC. It was so gripping I've gone through it from start to finish, doing all sidequests in two friggin days. It's got to be the best Divinity game so far - it's the most focused and compressed, without any stupid filler shit, and with an actual endgame that doesn't suck. Seriously, if Div2 OC had such cool dragon segments as the final of FoV, it would have been really dandy.

Also, does anyone know who was the voice actor for Behrlihn? He was VERY good, and he sounded incredibly familiar to me, sort of like the Dungeon Keeper narrator, but I can't quite place it. ForkTong ? Halp plz?

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Chopping off heads and other body parts in Severance: Blade of Darkness. So fucking awesome. Although I remembered the game being much more challenging, not really having any difficulties so far.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Died at first major boss, not surprisingly. THANKS OBAMA OBSIDIAN.
You really suck at games. :troll:

Don't go throwing stones at glass houses, Mr. "Gold Box games don't have good enough graphics for me to want to try them".
Hey, a man has to have standards.

Since I am unable perform a reverse brofist, I will instead content myself with fixing your quote.

Gold Box games are the shit. :smug:

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Just installed Men of War and HOLY MOLY, that fucking AI and pathfiding. I lost 10 men just because every fucking faggot chooses another path to the next bush, and sets their asses in front of it, instead behind that fucking rock and lay down, just to be shot on sight by that fucking mg.

At least 20 germans came out of their perfect defense spot, so I could slaughter them with my KV.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
So, is Tribes ascend still expensive as fuck to play?

Victoria 2 vanilla. Shit, this game is boring if you don't play 1st or 2nd powers. Broken trade also. Why the fuck can't I just buy those supplies I need to erect new factory, JESUS CHRIST, I'VE 200k monies on stock!

Latin American nations are a lot of fun. Also, get both expansions + APD mod (mandatory if you want the economy not to suck balls).

circ

Arcane
You know what Anthony Davis, Something Chapman? Fuck you.

I don't know how I managed to get through Dapper Old Gent first time I played this piece of shit. But I can't do it.

THESE
FUCKING
CONTROLS

I even turned down difficulty to fucking casual for it. Fuck this. I'm not just uninstalling, I'm fucking garbage disposing of anything Obsidian.

HERE. THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING COPY OF DIABLO. HERE IS A COMPUTER KEYBOARD, STANDARD ISSUE. HERE IS A COMPUTER MOUSE, ALSO STANDARD ISSUE.
STUDY THESE MOTHERFUCKING OBJECTS UNTIL YOU FUCKING LEARN SOMETHING. FUCKING FUCKHEADS.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
DS3 is one of the most boring, unimaginative, half-assed, easy, only 4 different trash mobs retextured through the game and few bosses and one huge corridor game I had played, ever.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
DS3 is a disgrace and it is not that difficult, wtf circ?
But truth be told, those controls drove me up the ceiling as well.

Deleted member 7219

You know what Anthony Davis, Something Chapman? Fuck you.

I don't know how I managed to get through Dapper Old Gent first time I played this piece of shit. But I can't do it.

THESE
FUCKING
CONTROLS

I even turned down difficulty to fucking casual for it. Fuck this. I'm not just uninstalling, I'm fucking garbage disposing of anything Obsidian.

HERE. THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING COPY OF DIABLO. HERE IS A COMPUTER KEYBOARD, STANDARD ISSUE. HERE IS A COMPUTER MOUSE, ALSO STANDARD ISSUE.
STUDY THESE MOTHERFUCKING OBJECTS UNTIL YOU FUCKING LEARN SOMETHING. FUCKING FUCKHEADS.

The Obsidian devs who visit the Codex, who worked on DS3, are writers. And in terms of writing, DS3 wasn't a bad game. It was a bad game because of the never-ending terrible combat and shallow gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom