Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

circ

Arcane
Kingdom of Amalur is... FUN?

I had to tone down the graphics something fierce, which is strange because Mass Effect 3 looks better and runs fine. Oh well. Never played an ARPG where you can customize your character more than usual, and you can wear piercings without mods, ooh. There's also some minor RPG-time, and combat is fun so far. Controls are a little... EEH, but after replaying DS3, they're the best eva. Also wonky UI including inventory and stuff, but hey. Not sure how you get to zoom out into iso-mode though, because so far this kinda looks like Skyrimjobs.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Dungeon Siege 3 is both the best and the worst game in the series.

Playing through Sleeping Dogs for the second time. Probably gonna give the DLC a go afterwards.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Play DS3 on hardcore with m&k (with gunchick) and say that again.

Why would you put yourself through such cruel and unusual punishment? DS3 was made to be played with a gamepad, given that it draws much more from Dark Alliance than it does from Diablo or earlier DS games. Hell, they had to patch in proper M&K controls.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Currently playing Morrowind. I eventually plan to beat it, which I have never done before despite investing significant amounts of time in the game. Currently I've just got my Telvanni Stronghold and am trying to make some progress in the main campaign. To be honest, although I like this game mechanically much more than later Elder Scrolls stuff, as a hiking simulator it's much less interesting than Oblivion and Skyrim, mostly due to slow movement speed. I also find that a lot of the quests are very, very fetchy, which means a lot of time spent traveling back and forth, back and forth. I fully admit to using the console to teleport around and skip a lot of the tedious backtracking (yes, even with Mark & Recall).

Dungeon Siege 3 is both the best and the worst game in the series.

Playing through Sleeping Dogs for the second time. Probably gonna give the DLC a go afterwards.
It's the best. I always found Dungeon Siege to be repetitive, full of filler combat and to have an extremely boring story and world. Dungeon Siege 3 has both good mechanics (though a bit simple) and does more with the story and universe than Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 ever did. It's not high art or anything but it's definitely not awful.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Playing Wargame: Airland Battle. It's a pretty good RTS, somewhat similar to World in Conflict, which was one of my favourite games back a few years ago.

baturinsky

Arcane
Morrowind getting to places 101
1. Boots of Blinding Speed. Blinding part will not work if you had 100% magic res at moment of wearing, but if you think it is cheating, you can just bear with darkened screen.
2. Be fit. Restore fatigue for always running. Pay money for levels in Athletics.
3. Mark at magic guild = instant travel to five towns' magic guilds, tribunal temples and 8d temples.
4. Do early: collect 8 pylon indices and set Mark in one of strongholds (one outside Balmora, for example, as Balmora Tribunal temple is close to magic guild and permanent corpse). Look up indices locations in wiki, because some of them can't be found normally in one's lifetime.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Playing Wargame: Airland Battle. It's a pretty good RTS, somewhat similar to World in Conflict, which was one of my favourite games back a few years ago.

:rpgcodex:
I know, I know, but I wanted to get a bit familiar with the game before I ask you again to play some. :oops: But if you have time, we could play in the evening. Any day, because this is the game I'm reviewing right now. We could start an campaign cooperativly.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Finished Thomas Was Alone. It was 'k. It actually made me start thinking of rectangles as 'Claire', 'Chris', 'John', etc instead of 'the blue floaty one', 'the small orange one', 'the yellow I-shaped that jumps far' and so forth.

Gunpoint is out today, so that'll be next.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Finished Deus Ex: Invisible War. It was pretty darn horrible. Ended up rushing through the last two hours with both cloaks and max speed upgrade on. Whee.

Now I'll continue GTA IV.

anus_pounder

Arcane

I know, I know, but I wanted to get a bit familiar with the game before I ask you again to play some. :oops: But if you have time, we could play in the evening. Any day, because this is the game I'm reviewing right now. We could start an campaign cooperativly.

Good to know. The campaign isn't co-op though. I believe its 1v1. :P Not that I mind. I'll play if you want to.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm dividing my time between Duke Nukem 3D (with the high-res mod) and Expeditions Conquisator and not making progress in either. Gonna flip a coin which to move for 'later' (aka never) and focus on one.

FAKE EDIT: Duke wins. Sorry, Isabela de Yruenes, fate decided bros before hoes.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Men of War is pretty terrible. AI is even worse than in Faces of War, the UI is a pure hell, and giving us a micromanagement over every God damned soldier, while having around 80 of them is straightforward retarded, AI is one, huge diarrhea. Mission briefings suck, suddenly I'm informed that I failed the whole mission, because I've lost one shithole-hut, which I wasn't told about in the first place. They're pretty God damn lame, too. I'm told to protect that train until it gets loaded. Ok, so I defend it, but in the end, being totally overrun by Germans and 99% loading complete, a lost bullet hits one of the workers (around 20 were loading the train). Loading hits 100% and in the very this moment I'm informed I've failed to protect the train, because one worker died. Fuck this.
There are some fine things about this game, like warfare models and some music tracks, but they're nothing special. Ruined as well with VO, which literally makes your ears bleed.

Data4

Arcane
Finally taking a dip in The Secret World, in between spurts of Neverwinter.

TSW is... interesting. At first, I couldn't really get into it. The subway station sequence reminded me of the beginning of TERA where you have all these abilities that you don't know how to use. Once I got into the Crucible at Templar HQ and had a chance to play around with stuff, I started to get the hang of things. I'm now holed up in the Kingsmouth sheriff's department. The voice acting is pretty good, with regional accents and all. The skills and abilities setup is going to take some more getting used to, but I can see spending a few weeks on this.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Good to know. The campaign isn't co-op though. I believe its 1v1. :P Not that I mind. I'll play if you want to.
That's good. I'll chat you up in the evening.

anus_pounder

Arcane

Alright, see you then. :)

You'll probably have to give me a few tips though. Haven't touched the game since the last time we played. :P

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Alright, see you then. :)

You'll probably have to give me a few tips though. Haven't touched the game since the last time we played. :P
No problem. Although it's pretty self-explanatory. You will get back into it in no time.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently playing Medieval 2 with Stainless Steel mod and Historical submod as Fatimid Caliphate (egypt), just took back Jerusalem.
Besides that I'm also going through XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
A little bit of Diablo 2 on the side as well.

I'm thinking of replaying The Witcher 1 and 2, supporting the Scoia'Tael fully this time, because humans are just idiotic in this universe.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
1. Boots of Blinding Speed. Blinding part will not work if you had 100% magic res at moment of wearing, but if you think it is cheating, you can just bear with darkened screen.
2. Be fit. Restore fatigue for always running. Pay money for levels in Athletics.
3. Mark at magic guild = instant travel to five towns' magic guilds, tribunal temples and 8d temples.
4. Do early: collect 8 pylon indices and set Mark in one of strongholds (one outside Balmora, for example, as Balmora Tribunal temple is close to magic guild and permanent corpse). Look up indices locations in wiki, because some of them can't be found normally in one's lifetime.
I got the Boots of Blinding Speed and made myself a Resist Magicka 200 pts for 1 second spell. Why ride when you can walk? :smug:

DraQ

Arcane
I got the Boots of Blinding Speed and made myself a Resist Magicka 200 pts for 1 second spell. Why ride when you can walk? :smug:
In before DraQ rage.
I won't rage. I will merely :hmmm: at pedestrian minds who cannot into proper spellcraft and enchantement allowing one to craft spell or amulet of *DAEDALIAN* Flight (amulet is better because it can incorporate fast-acting airbrake) and throw themselves across vast distances in seconds, far above any threat or obstacle - even cliffracers.
:obviously:
Why walk if you can fly ICBM?

baturinsky

Arcane
Amulet? I though it's only possible to do megajumps with alchemy exploits. I keep away from them. There should be a line drawn somewhere.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Forgot to bring my BG2 saves for my laptop so I started a game of IWD (full party).

My pure fighter character got stuck behind the bar counter in the tavern after turning in the beetle quest. GG. Game over 1 minute into the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom