Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime E3 2013 June 10-13th

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

Machocruz

Arcane
The fact is you can't build your entire market on fickle consumers that inherently don't give a shit about your product or what you have to offer and just regard it as a gimmick to play one or two games on because it's been so cheap, it's not a long-term sustainable strategy and Nintendo found that out the hard way. People bought their console, played games like "Wii Fit" or "Wii Sports" for a few weeks/months and then put it in the closet for the remainder of its lifespan.

I agree. But nor can you sell PS1 or PS2 numbers or have a NES level sensation by just catering to people inside the message board echo chamber. And you'd have a shit library of games if limited to their tastes.

And it's still ridiculous for them to complain that "Nintendo abandoned the hardcore." A. Nintendo has never been "hardcore." B. The reasons for Wii's stagnation (which is not the same as failure) and the WiiU's turkey status are not that pat.

msxyz

Augur
66Z9jLb.png

I know very well that the consoles early development kits are usually PCs with some semi-custom hardware bolted in but, just a mere six month away from market introduction, I find amusing that they couldn't show at a trade fair some manufacturing samples running beta version of the code.

:retarded:

On a side note, not even MS uses Windows 8. :smug:

SearchEngine

Learned
Ok, I see that I hurt your feelings with this laughing stock stuff.

Considering how ridiculously defensive you get when codexers dissed on your precious Sony and Metro: Last Light, you're not in any position to get snarky at hurting other people's feelings.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, I see that I hurt your feelings with this laughing stock stuff.

Considering how ridiculously defensive you get when codexers dissed on your precious Sony and Metro: Last Light, you're not in any position to get snarky at hurting other people's feelings.
Oh hell I'm in a position to get snarky. You can't even imagine my position.

Turjan

Arcane
PS4 is not being sold at a loss. XBone probably is sold at a loss. PS4 is earning profit per console sold.
That makes no sense.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/155521-playtation-4-sony-announces-the-ps4-wont-be-sold-at-loss

The Xbone is packaging a Kinect. Still it may earn profit per console sold too.

The headline of the article is somewhat funny. What Sony's CFO actually said was "Unlike PS3, we are not planning a major loss to be incurred with the launch of PS4."

Not a major loss. Whatever that means :D.

Xi

Arcane
PS4 is not being sold at a loss. XBone probably is sold at a loss. PS4 is earning profit per console sold.
That makes no sense.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/155521-playtation-4-sony-announces-the-ps4-wont-be-sold-at-loss

The Xbone is packaging a Kinect. Still it may earn profit per console sold too.

The headline of the article is somewhat funny. What Sony's CFO actually said was "Unlike PS3, we are not planning a major loss to be incurred with the launch of PS4."

Not a major loss. Whatever that means :D.

Good point. From my reading though, the estimates put the PS4 at about 350 cost, with a 49 dollar margin. I'm sure that's not perfect, but the main point is that they are profiting (slightly) per console sold.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So did they actually announce/show any games that seem worth playing this year?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom