Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Given the mono-color theme for that panel, the rendered images makes little sense unless they redesign that panel like the character screen panel (i.e., make it color instead)

Uh.. yeah, not really. Or they could just get rid of the "mono-color" theme. It's fucking dumb to have both those shitty symbols AND rendered images. Then there's the green ones on the main interface.
"So.. we listened to you guys that you wanted more detailed items instead of those green ones, so we created them but we put them in a corner in the inventory instead." :retarded:

norolim

Arcane

Kahlis

Cipher
A retro 80's look might be a good idea.
I'd like 70's and 80's. It's supposed to be Generation X pulp, isn't it? Right now it just gives me your standard post-apocalyptic scrap metal/electronics vibe, only difference from Fallout being the lack of vacuum tubes. They should add knobs and grilles and brushed steel and wooden panelling. Also small, rectangular buttons and LEDs were big at the time. I was basically asking for a Sony Trinitron.

135516.jpg

:M

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Kahlis
Definitely not a wood panel TV set. lol

You should have said the tech in Escape from New York, followed by Terminator, Alien, Blade Runner.

EscapeFromNewYork-Russell.jpg

3129_2_large.jpg

EFNY%20prisongrahic.jpg

500px-NY1997_IAR_InstrPanel_0h22m18.jpg

Ah forget the rest. Escape from New York has everything you need.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I do not like list based inventory systems. I so dont look forward to scrolling to find things =(.

Anyway even then... huge text, few items shown, very strange choice of design when it come to colors. So yeah i dont like it.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll say it here too: Get rid of the fucking awful tabbed shoppinglist. It is fucking god danm awful. Get rid of it NOW!

Also, imbed the desciptions & picture screens to the fucking device. Those paperclips look fucking ridiculous, and do not fit the overall pic at all.

So, Get Rid of Shit, and make a PC interface. Is my idea. Thanks.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I actually prefer grid based because things can have a real relationship of space, a huge sniper rifle should be fucking huge inside the inventory to the point of you having to think about your loadout before doing missions and it is aestheticaly pleasing to see items with "realistic" proportions inside the inventory, instead of being shitty small icons. It isn't a deal breaker, Fallout 1 and 2 had shitty inventory systems but it didn't stopped them to be good games, but it would be incline from Inxile to adopt grid based inventory.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There used to be WWII antitanks that were about 8 mm. Modern antitank rifles(some of which are about 2m long) usually use closer to 20 mm rounds. This rifle is simply way too big.
Since this is a pseudo-isometric game with a far-away camera it might need to be that big to read properly, particularly for enemies with sniper rifles.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
There used to be WWII antitanks that were about 8 mm. Modern antitank rifles(some of which are about 2m long) usually use closer to 20 mm rounds. This rifle is simply way too big.
Since this is a pseudo-isometric game with a far-away camera it might need to be that big to read properly, particularly for enemies with sniper rifles.

Hit it on the nose. Pretty much everything is built with clear, exaggerated proportions because they have to be to be readable and look good with this camera angle. That does make representing them on a ragdoll with a straight-on look that you'd normally not get in the game a little tricky, though.

imweasel

You guys really need a new UI artist, because it is still fugly. Acceptable, but fugly. :obviously:

I do not like list based inventory systems. I so dont look forward to scrolling to find things =(
I concur. List based inventory is ballz. Even inventory tetris is better than that bullshit.

hiver

Hit it on the nose. Pretty much everything is built with clear, exaggerated proportions because they have to be to be readable and look good with this camera angle. That does make representing them on a ragdoll with a straight-on look that you'd normally not get in the game a little tricky, though.

We dont really need those proportions in Isometric/top down either.

Its only going to look super fucking ridiculous.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I really hope it is really a portrait, cannot wait to play as a homicidal shotgun hobo, killing and whoring while carrying a bottle of vodca...

slackerwizrd

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Given the mono-color theme for that panel, the rendered images makes little sense unless they redesign that panel like the character screen panel (i.e., make it color instead)

Uh.. yeah, not really. Or they could just get rid of the "mono-color" theme. It's fucking dumb to have both those shitty symbols AND rendered images. Then there's the green ones on the main interface.

Which is exactly what I said.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom