Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you enjoy, despite disliking or being ambivalent towards their premise.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Okay, KOTOR1 as well.

Less options than previous Bioware games? Check.

Absolutely no challenge? Check.

Whiny and immature party members? Check.

A completely unappealing and unoriginal plot? Check.

Does Whisky like it? Check.

I have no defense honestly.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Well, the weird drunken yodle-like singing over that wannabe medieval flute music for one.

deuxhero

Arcane
Strange, sure, but funny?

I'm going to have to remember to check the composer's commentary for that track next time I have the PS3 out.

laclongquan

Arcane
Strange. it do nothing to me. not that I hate yodeling or something, but that particular moment is just not that interesting.

Aaaaanyway, that atelier game for ps3 sure look interesting. The games for PS and PS2 anygood? What is your recommendation from that?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
You guys have no sense of humour. :(

Chicks are where it's at. Some may even get me to play a JRPG one day. Even if, as Bill puts it : "that's asking a lot". I could post about it here then.
So far, the closest I got to answering the OP question would be the JA series (the one that stops at modded JA2), seeing how little I care for real guns, real-life dictatures and real life-settings in general. But that turn based combat ! :salute:

St. Toxic

Arcane
Sounds like a robot is trying to sing Old McDoland.

5ae.jpg

SearchEngine

Learned
Ms. Pac Man: Can't stand simple-minded arcade games that never end, along with female characters made solely just to titillate gamers.

Super Mario Bros.: A series full of cliche stories, popamole combat, and shallow characters.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
A whole lot of Square RPGs. I guess just JRPGs in general I find have shit for story, obnoxious characters, and art direction that consists of vomiting colors all over the screen, but I can still play them. I think it is probably because I can turn my mind off and spam a single action button for most of the games.

Tower Defense games like Sol Survivor, Sanctum, Orcs Nust Die!. I find killing tiny, evil lemmings a catharsis.

Dragon Age 1&2 on Nightmare mode. The only way I could enjoy the games. Most of the followers make me want to microwave the game DVD, the stories and art direction were of fan fiction quality.

Depending on whether that counts:
Divinity 2 (world is :retarded: out of :hifantasy: again, irony and humour make it shine).
First time I played it, i assumed the writers were either drunk or tripping or both. Many of the KS Update videos confirms my suspicions.

For me the game would have been ME2. I honestly dunno why I enjoyed the adept class on insanity... Skipped all the tedious cutsenes/dialouges/"consequences" just went maxed resources/research upgrades cheat, and went crazy with those biotic combos over and over.

aris

Arcane
Football manager, i cant stand football but the series consists of some of the deepest and Most rewarding strategy games out there

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Never particularly cared for Star Wars universe yet I consider Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight to be one of the best FPSes ever, for level design alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom