Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress LP HoI3 Götterdämmerung

xY9TZB6.jpg

Lets Play Hearts of Iron 3, the potato strikes back

Well I could just start with an ordinary start some where between 36-40 and do an AAR of that, but make for an exciting game it does not, and therefor a rather shitty LP. So instead why not instead turn the difficulty up to 11 and let you watch me struggle to not get raped by the Soviet hordes. Thus a HoI3 LP as Germany with a 1944 start. So me actually winning this is pretty much out of the question, rather the goal is, how long can I last?

Index

YZ2kjaP.jpg

Welcome to Europe, summer of '44. As you can see Germany still holds a lot of land, to buffer an invasion of the actual homeland. Pretty much everything else is shit however.

u4K2bdf.jpg

First off the eastern front, at this start date we are rather severely outnumbered on this front.

GE4HI9q.jpg

Then of course there is Italy, with the allies pushing up the Italian peninsula the Italians have done what they do best in war. Surrender and switch sides.

LJ43ka6.jpg

Of course if that is simply not enough, the Allies have just a few days ago opened up yet another front in Normandy. Enemies on all fronts, depleting manpower and resources and no even remotely powerful/competent allies.

So what can I hope to accomplish with these odds? Well I would say my primary goal is to simply last longer than Germany did historically. That is lasting past 8-may 1945, challening but not impossible. Should I reach that goal, my next goal would simply be lasting all the way to the game end date, 1 January 1948. Which while unlikely I will count as a victory, as it will at that point be clear that the allies lack the resources to subdue Germany and its European allies (Japan is another matter and will likely fall in any case). The really insane level goal would be to not only halt the Soviets, but to turn the eastern front around and capture Moscow, but well I might not even last the first year, we will have to see.
C7bweEK.jpg

First order of business will be to put a stop to the allied advance Normandy. They have plenty of armour, however are very lacking in port infrastructure currently. If they are prevented from taking any additional ports they could be stopped. If allowed to spread and land additional forces I will be quite overwhelmed.

rlNkA2H.jpg

Redeploying forces from the south, not much sense having them standing around doing nothing. It does open up for an invasion in the South, but to win I need to gamble playing it safe simply will not be enough.

LmDgAHg.jpg

As for Italy the few Mechanized and Armored divisions in the area are brought in for an offensive.

MtTXDte.jpg

And the same goes for the Balkans, fresh divisions are brought in from the south to shore up the front.

1mAVhF7.jpg

Fuel is on rather short supply, when it runs out I'm not sure what I will do. Maybe try to run tanks on potato vodka from occupied Poland? : x

fe0s088.jpg

With little port infrastructure and German subs patrolling the sea constantly the allied forces in Normandy are running short on supply. Let the tasteful Panzer rape begin.

6NW79Rf.jpg

Those bombers are a problem.

RR0vwRy.jpg

Time to deploy some interceptors while I still have some industry left to build potato powered panzers.

TJc8olj.jpg

Meanwhile on the eastern front the Russkies are pushing hard, possibly empowered by the belief that will be able to plunder vast amounts of potato in Poland, jokes on them we already took it all to fuel our tanks. Also nearly all divisions on this front are going to need leaders assigned *sigh*

vsNY8xr.jpg

God damned Hungarians can't even hold them off for a day.

KpbZM6I.jpg

Things are no better in the South where the Romanian forces under German command are faltering as well. Tankfully I have some tanks to push them back here at least.

EJAT12I.jpg

Currently all my industry is allocated to supply production, not sure if this level of supply consumption may be a bug? Will have to have a look at this if it continues.

eYRPHmX.jpg

In Normandy things are going well at least. Enemy forces cut in two.
XYb1FWI.jpg

Encircled, time to crush those pockets of enemy troops and get these divisions to the ostfront asap.

NEJ5Hb0.jpg

Time for a counter offensive with Panzer V Panther cunningly disguised as A7V sturmpanzers, the enemy wont know what hit them.

sw9E10c.jpg

The Allies try to break the encirclement, but they simply don't have enough fight left in them. Especially since they underestimated our tanks disguised as A7Vs

s9e6hCB.jpg

And of course Tigers cleverly disguised as some other kind of hopelessly obsolete interwar tank.

QqOTNuX.jpg

The red menace is halted for now.

RsJ5vyb.jpg

In the north I decide to pull back my divisions in Estonia and have them dig in behind that river in Latvia. They are spread so think up here currently that there is no way they can hold against a horde of Russians that have caught the scent of vodka and potato unless they have some sort of terrain advantage.

M0oa9ZU.jpg

An armored counter offensive has managed to surround several soviet divisions trying to do the same to the German forces. Soon they will all be sent to German POW camps were there is plenty of potato*.

*Actually there it's no potato only slave labor.

KwmU4Jo.jpg

Some more offensives seem to be working rather well so far with nearly 3 Russians dead for every German.

Xx22XnM.jpg

Only a single division in that pocket currently, but several other are retreating to it. We will crush them like man crushes potato to make sweet sweet potato juice.

XMWSti9.jpg

Let the offensive begin in the South, with the river to the east it will be difficult for the enemy to counter attack.

cTOHxMq.jpg

The tommies lose more ground, just one more battle and hundreds of thousands of well equipped allied troops will be captured.

Un0uZIV.jpg

Well thats not good, I left the port to the North unguarded in my attempt to defeat the forces already present. The Brits took this opportunity to land forces and capture the province thus allowing supplies in and allowing the previously pocketed troops a way of escape.

bL3NE9n.jpg

... and the Northern front continues to collapse.

aVwKxTs.jpg

Success! Next stop on the Rape train is Rome to encircle those allied divisions.

xGS6yrd.jpg

And Caen is taken. Despite the heavy casualties this a good victory as over fifty thousand allied troops were captured when it fell.

Meanwhile in German occupied Poland.
rA5daYL.jpg

Worth continuing or just a waste of time?

0crJRsc.jpg

Can the Russians be stopped?

or will this be the future of Europe?
0eEJtG5.jpg

xKFIVOZ.jpg

Sadly in in my retreat I Have to abandon Finland to fend for them selves.

CJkUHY2.jpg

And the same goes for all the cute Estonian Kittens. :(

4kUHIgN.jpg

It appears we still have the Tirpitz, while the Bismarck is already sunk. Though the navy is much to weak to challenge UK and US on the seas.

46f5vVO.jpg

Though we did still get this really weird sub battle to happen. Has something like this actually ever happened?

BKhWA2m.jpg

Cherbourg is taken, and with that all the Allied forces landed in Normandy have been captured. In total it was over a quarter of a million men, most of which was in armored divisions. Quite a heavy blow to the allied forces, though with the industry and resources available to the united states it will take many such victories to break their offensive power.

anH1cOj.jpg

In the east there are still some major holes in the front line to the north. Though the Soviet offense seems to have slowed down slightly.

9C5Mtct.jpg

So far the dug in positions next to the river running through Latvia has held. I have really no idea what it is called, and to lazy to check, so I will call it potato river from now.

aOrIkMm.jpg

truly in impressive naval battle go down in the history of warfare.

W0cFPw0.jpg

An over view of the east, and the manpower supply. With a bit over 600 manpower available and current new manpower becoming available and manpower used it looks like the reserves will last about 6 months. Something drastic is going to have to happen or divisions will start falling apart due lack of soldiers in the winter of '44/spring of '45.

EAslJZo.jpg

Partisan scum removed.

CJHh9D2.jpg

The Soviets keep on pushing, but with river making their offensive difficult even spread out and disorganized divisions can make a stand.

IfmfLS5.jpg

The center on the other hand is not only holding back the Soviet offensive, but even gaining ground and encircling a few Soviet divisions.

nmIDPm3.jpg

With motorized and mechanized divisions from Estonia I should be able to launch a counter offensive and push the Soviets back across the mighty potato river.

S7Ha0wd.jpg

The Soviet attempt the break the encirclement has failed, for now.

UrUi67H.jpg

Italy agrees to sell me some rares, this should help, but it is far from enough. And in the battle of Dubno German forces won with an amazing casualty ratio of 6:1. Now if only we could do this is every battle and we might actually stand a chance against the eurasian hordes.

I2dsSIq.jpg

The Soviets keep throwing everything they have at the German lines to break the encirclement. Hardly because of the concern for the wellbeing of their men, must be a vodka distillery in the province I don't know about.

J0OFH77.jpg

You shall not pass! Reinforce the River!

nKzkz16.jpg

Well that was a spectacular failure, at least they are not trying to push north currently.

6cYFEES.jpg

And pushing south will be difficult with all that rough terrain.

JrGn6er.jpg

The divisions keep pulling out of Estonia.

WgN6ULn.jpg

Last man out get the kittens!

khz5tRo.jpg

Drive the potatoes into the potato river!

XQz3UcV.jpg

I figured out that I don't have a single transport plane available, what is the point of having fallschirmjäger if you don't have planes for them?

JoEcVH1.jpg

10:1! the A7V disguise continues to be effective, possibly due to Russian drunkenness.

Pf2rGei.jpg

However my attempt to crush the encircled Russian divisions are so far futile. Dug in with water on all sides they are prooving very difficult to subdue.

v0uNoMs.jpg

And now the Russians are brining in armor to help break the encirclement, will the German line hold long enough to win?

lXyhOvl.jpg

Endemic

Arcane
What film is that from? Stalingrad?

Nice LP by the way, bit odd that there's not much Allied navy in the English channel :?

It's from a recent german miniseries Unser Mutter Unsere Vater (Our Mothers Our Fathers)

Fraulein above gets the soviet treatment

oyowX31.jpg

4Qlun1U.jpg

Time at a look at the situation for our eastern allies. China is a clusterfuck to say the least, but it appears that Japan may be winning here.

Jkt0CcE.jpg

The US has taken a few minor isles, but have yet to threaten the home islands. If Japan could defeat China quickly enough and be convinced to open a second front towards the Soviets victory may be a possibility. Though the looming US threat makes that unlikely.

e1by0Nl.jpg

Back to the eastern front, so far the German lines are holding and the Soviets are taking heavy casualties in every attempt to break it, but they keep bringing in fresh divisions constantly so it's only a matter of time.

l2VnfYl.jpg

Fighter planes have been deployed all over central Europe with the mission to engage any allied bombers, thanks to this bomb raids have decreased greatly and German industry is safe for now.

orq3WyK.jpg

But then the constant waves of potato powered Russians becomes to much for the divisions that have been fighting for days with out rest.

NHreFYG.jpg

God damn it Romania why does your divisions have to have such shitty equipment?

WC5FJ4v.jpg

In any case manpower and resources are scarce. However the technology available is very good. So in order to get the most possibly out of every single soldier an extreme industrial focus is placed on producing upgraded equipment. This should hopefully lead to greatly increased combat ability of existing divisions.

Oh3gm7F.jpg

Americans? On the eastern front?!

sfbpiaT.jpg

Well the north is stable for now, however it appears that the center is were the greatest problem is, where the front might collapse completely.

venjMbT.jpg

More land is lost to the Russian hordes, at least they pay heavily in blood for every square meter of clay.

A1OLg5Y.jpg

Though every battle is not lost at least.

F8lCwKU.jpg

So far there are a few German division still in Finland. Despite the Fins strong defense the Russians hordes are simply to much to handle for them. And I will likely have to pull out soon.

bfc8ILA.jpg

Well that not good at all, the Russians got a free path straight into the Hungarian heartlands. Also they got control of the Stanis-somthing airfield giving the air power in the area, something they lacked previously. I only hope they are to drunk on plundered Finnish vodka to not do it.

DMhe4aM.jpg

Hopefully they can be stopped with an armored offensive.

EaEPhgq.jpg

Another encirclement is made. Will the line hold this time, or is the potato vodka induced frenzy to much to handle?

OWMxiLF.jpg

So far so good.

ZNyqtp9.jpg

And the same happens in Northern Finland, were no where to go but total wilderness the Russians will surrender if they lose the battle.

R9xbcT0.jpg

And the first reinforcements have arrived from the Balkans. Well that should prevent the worst Russians from raping hungary.

3l4LdfT.jpg

This time however the Russians are forced to surrender before they can break the encirclement. It is only a single divisions, but the first such victory in many moths filled with defeats on the eastern front.

vbG8MIA.jpg

No wonder the Russians have no honor, like a woman. For they are lead by a woman!

JZ861Px.jpg

N3gEoV4.jpg

After days of intense street fighting Rome is once again in the hands of the Axis. A costly victory, but in this case worth it

BhdV0gg.gif

Meanwhile in Berlin as the news arrives

1C9ILuV.jpg

There is still some fight left in Finland as they manage to push the Russians back.

ZB4kLql.jpg

And as fresh infantry divisions arrive to hold up the front this frees up valuable armored divisions that can be used for offensives else were.

xssUCIP.jpg

American paratroopers?! Well they do have balls I will give them that.
NNfBlAd.jpg

No you can't have Wilno, it's mine.

xbZy6HE.jpg

Whats going on here?

Jv3HGJ5.jpg

Time for encirclement

HIRL56a.jpg

In the west the Air defense has been very successful and the last month has been almost completely with out allied bombings.

3N30KDf.jpg

Stanislawow is retaken, not only capturing the defenders but taking the airfield denies the Soviets air power in the area. So far this isn't looking to bad, but it remains only a matter of time until manpower of resources run out and then we will sailing down shit creek with out a paddle.

lNYqxhA.jpg

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Doesn't the game stop in 1948? Or did you edit it to last longer?

vRCxUyB.jpg

Commies keep out!
D9cJnFQ.jpg

First for today I decided to change occupation policy for Poland to collaboration government. Seeing as manpower and not having partisans fucking up supply lines being a priority. The new policies include such changes as much more potato. Previously farmers could keep 0 out of 10 potatoes harvested, now that number is 0 out of 5, so twice as many potato!

9uVZdEm.jpg

Next is my possibly crazy plan on how to hold Europe from the red hordes. Build a really really long wall to hold the barbarians out. This plan seems familiar some how, but I'm sure this time it will work. Black is the main stretch, red were considered due to natural barriers(1) or pre existing fortifications (2). However 1 is simply to close to Berlin for comfort, though a secondary line may be built there all the same. Holding this line would require abandoning eastern Europe and our allies there, however as a last resort if the Soviets are pushing hard and manpower is depleted it may work. Since the combination of natural barriers, forts and axis fanatical fighting effort when defending home territory may create an unbreakable front line which can be held with very minimal casualties.[/I]

hkRe4AR.jpg

The fresh forces from the west are Organized into a new army lead by Guderian, time to take that river.

x8f4Geu.jpg

In the south Several divisions have been completely exhausted and depleted manpower wise from having halted and pushed back the Soviet offensive, though with fresh divisions arriving they will be bale to pull back and reorganize and reinforce.

54bObxa.jpg

A lot of divisions, especially the mechanized one are currently with quite old hardware certain parts which are as old as '36. These upgrades should make them a potent force.

3tbzXE7.jpg

More suicidal paratroopers, I don't suppose they all end up captured. Any way I just noticed in battle reports that Adolf Hitler makes reports to the führer. He must be quite mentally insane.

Z20e2xC.jpg

Well he did oppose the development of this nice piece of equipment, partially based on how he didn't like how it looked made out of metal stampings. Adolf Hitler confirmed for popamole graphics whore. He ordered the project shut down, but it was still developed in secret.

JuIpkmW.jpg

This should probably work out any way.

DfHJewe.jpg

Seriously what the fuck America?

iGwCqfJ.jpg

Not as bad as expected actually.

ByT6fC9.jpg

or not, as I'm forced to give there territory up shortly afterwards.

egLR4ve.jpg

For a moment there I thought the Brits launched another naval invasions, turns out it is just some pesky partisans.

39Y63nV.jpg

Kriegsmarine is mostly scrapmetal by now but subs are still effective at least.

MXIhH6I.jpg

Several mountain divisions are on their way south, with these the mountains should be less of an obstacle. And I appear to be attacking Tivoli again, I think this is were my game crashed and I had to replay part of the game.

5Rd1cPi.jpg

But newer ship models are becoming increasingly efficient at hunting down subs so not even they are really safe.

vVuF0BQ.jpg

The future is a tank thread driving over a partisans face, forever.

nKgYbuz.jpg

And now at least most infantry divisions have received the upgrades being equipped with the new STG 44.

i22Td6I.jpg

t45rigW.jpg

Another look at Japan, they appear to be winning a decisive victory against the Chinese, if they can do it quickly enough they will be able to form a formidable defense against the Americans, which should keep them of our backs. However the 'Mericans are getting closer all the time, as can be seen that island to the south has been captured as example.

AtlLtAG.jpg

Time to push further into Italy. I hope to be able to completely push the allies out of mainland Italy and restore the nation.

lyjELc7.jpg

More subs lost. Rip.

8z0SvqS.jpg

Mechanized forces speed ahead on the plains of coastal Italy, we don't stop for anything.

CVtAU0F.jpg

Well except possibly for kittens.

RGxh0AC.jpg

Whatever the case this has caused a British armored division to be encircled.

D7ZhYR2.jpg

Hopefully they will hold out long enough and reinforcements are on their way.

1QLq7Pv.jpg

Well thats not good, I was hoping on using that as a last line of defense should France fall, going back further than that is simply out of the question considering how valuable the Rhein land is industrially. If the Rhein is lost, it's over.

MvOpfju.jpg

Quit bombing Dresden! What did they ever do to you? Well except for producing weapons meant to kill you, but that doesn't count.

Y4RMBUz.jpg

The Brits are forced to surrender, and with that the Mechanized division is ordered to retreat.

lx6FA1u.jpg

And here you can see the gigantic pincer I'm trying to create, will it be successful though?

Soon

G9Bpewv.jpg

I'm going to '48, or at least if I last until then. Could change it last longer if it would be interesting, however I predict two possible scenarios, either I've been raped to death by hordes of angry Russians or there is a stalemate which isn't likely to break.
Also getting to a lot of pictures on this page, page 2 would be pretty cool to continue on.

And a question, is there a way to restore Italy? Possibly by creating an event. That or annex it all under direct German control and government.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom