Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
actually HAS the ability to make what we would consider a good MoO?
I don't think that it is in the possibility of mankind.

BBMorti

Arcane
We really need to save MoO, if it gets turned into a console shooter I fear for what people might do as a reaction to it.

Branm

Learned
From the MoO wiki:

The future of the franchise is in question with the Atari bankruptcy and asset auction.[2] In what may prove to be one of the largest crowd-funding initiatives to-date, non-profit American Southern University has launched a public bid to salvage the franchise and use the codebase to promote learning in the field and encourage collaborative development.[3]

Ummmm American Southern Uni? Started a crowd funding for the license? WHAT WHAT WHAT???!!!

http://www.saveatari.com/moo.php

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/atari-reboot-master-of-orion-4

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From the MoO wiki:

The future of the franchise is in question with the Atari bankruptcy and asset auction.[2] In what may prove to be one of the largest crowd-funding initiatives to-date, non-profit American Southern University has launched a public bid to salvage the franchise and use the codebase to promote learning in the field and encourage collaborative development.[3]

Ummmm American Southern Uni? Started a crowd funding for the license? WHAT WHAT WHAT???!!!

That's great news. A university would immediately opensource everything.

Trash You might want to newspost this. Also can you split the thread into an "Atari Bankruptcy Auction" thread starting from here http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...rther-speculation.69788/page-127#post-2728992

Yeah, no.

Branm

Learned
From the MoO wiki:

That's great news. A university would immediately opensource everything.

I found the indi gogo... sitting at $40 bucks lol.... Hmmm the http://www.saveatari.com/moo.php says license can be had for 300k

Our immediate plans for Master of Orion 4 are simple:
  • Build upon the successes in Master of Orion 3 and the 4X gaming system: explore a vast eXpanding universe, eXpand your empire through colonization or conquest, eXploit opportunities, and eXterminate those that stand in your way.
  • Modernize the game engine to work on current systems
  • Dramatically improve visuals and game assets
  • Rework Artificial Intelligence to make it challenging for all
  • Re-envision the storyline to produce an exciting, cohesive plot
  • Improve the UI to allow various levels of detail/complexity based on player preferences
From http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/atari-reboot-master-of-orion-4

American Southern University?
No Wikipedia page, no website (it's under construction: http://www.americansouthern.org/).

http://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/3700123

Will Adkins is the founder of American Southern University and is working with industry leaders to provide an alternative to traditional college programs. This includes ASUOnline - an initiative to provide low cost training to those not interested in pursuing a costly 4-year degree. It seeks to promote collaboration and ensure hands-on experience in the subject matter. Will has over 20 years of substantive experience including experience managing complex, multi-million dollar development projec
[sic]

Seems legit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm:

I take back what I said. (except the part about splitting the thread)

You can tell it's a scam because of flexible funding. If they only get 50k and aren't even at the minimum bid they'll keep it.

Mantiis

Cipher
So I was wondering why there wasn't any discussion about BG2 EE and almost created a thread about it. Silly me it's in a fucking mega thread along with BG1 bullshit that I don't care about.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So I was wondering why there wasn't any discussion about BG2 EE and almost created a thread about it. Silly me it's in a fucking mega thread along with BG1 bullshit that I don't care about.

stop complaining and make a thread, faggot

nikolokolus

Arcane
Man ... I'd kill to see a proper Star Control III (shaddup you, nothing was made after II). Then again TFB are probably too busy making more money than God with their Skylanders toys/games.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The EE for BG2 is nothing but a fart in Oster's couch cushions at this point, which is why there is no thread for it.

Mantiis

Cipher
What exactly do you need to know so badly about BG2: EE besides the fact that it is being made by beamdog faildog?

The fact that it was going to happen would have been nice to know and also:
- would it include ToB
- any mods
- any fixes
- what enhancements
- any new content

And the usual shit talking that threads have in them.

I don't give a fuck about BG1, the game was terrible, all this open space with nothing in it and a boring narative. As a result I almost never played BG2 or planescape because they used the same engine but thankfully a friend of mine decided to play them and let me know that they weren't terrible.

BG1 and BG2 are very different and it seems logical to me to have separate threads regarding the EE. I assumed that a thread was made for BG2:EE and merged into this monstrosity.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
BG1 and BG2 are very different and it seems logical to me to have separate threads regarding the EE. I assumed that a thread was made for BG2:EE and merged into this monstrosity.

As I just tried to say, there is no information yet. When there is someone will surely make a thread about it. The only mention of a BG2:EE at this point is "we'd like to make that after this one."

Multi-headed Cow

- would it include ToB Yes
- any mods Yes
- any fixes Yes
- what enhancements Blurry new backgrounds, the ability to zoom, new portraits and voice sets
- any new content New mod-quality romance-able transgendered druid otherkin party member
I answered all your questions and I have it on good authority they're all coming like I say.

Mantiis

Cipher
SCOTUS issues major ruling promoting faggotry. Mantiis returns.

Coincidence?
I missed your redneck ways.

Maybe we could merge all the faggot threads into one faggot thread? Discuss?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom