Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Really clear screenshot
Do you have anti-aliasing running on that? Every time I try to run something at 1080P it's usually so jagged I may as well just use my PS3.
PS2 native is 640x480, so 4x native is 2560x1920. ;)
So you haven't set else anything up aside from uping the resolution? Well guess I'm going to screw around with this until I get better results.
Yeah, just 4x. I could run it on 5x, but diminishing returns and all that, the difference is almost none... not worth the framedrops. Here's my setup:

qEqoiP5.jpg

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Really clear screenshot
Do you have anti-aliasing running on that? Every time I try to run something at 1080P it's usually so jagged I may as well just use my PS3.
PS2 native is 640x480, so 4x native is 2560x1920. ;)
So you haven't set else anything up aside from uping the resolution? Well guess I'm going to screw around with this until I get better results.
Yeah, just 4x. I could run it on 5x, but diminishing returns and all that, the difference is almost none... not worth the framedrops. Here's my setup:

qEqoiP5.jpg
Thanks. I just figured it out after I saw your previous post. Decided to actually read the "how to config" section on their website. I guess now I actually try out Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter like I told cboyardee I would.

Data4

Arcane
For most things, there's a right way and a wrong way to go about doing them. A week ago, we saw the wrong way. Here's how it's done.

X-Plane2013-07-1315-03-00-23.jpg~original

Lined up to runway 28L in San Francisco, some medium cumulus above but otherwise a nice summer day. Autothrottle properly set at 137 knots. Airspeed tape is showing it as the current speed (yeah, blurry, blah blah)

X-Plane2013-07-1314-59-23-11.jpg~original

Landing lights on, gear down.

X-Plane2013-07-1315-00-43-38.jpg~original

If I was Captain Sum Ting Wong, I'd be about 20 feet lower at this point.

X-Plane2013-07-1314-59-45-13.jpg~original

Juuuust about there. Disengaging the autothrottle and letting it coast in with a nose-high attitude to bleed off speed.

X-Plane2013-07-1314-59-51-13.jpg~original

Touchdown, like a bawss.

Too soon?

Psquit

Arcane
Yes, though I would have to check how much.
Isn't really the limiting factor for my MW framerate, so why not?

HURP DE DURP

Soo morrowind is worth getting into? or not?.
Of course.

At least as long as you're interested in good setting and lore, love exploration, aren't compulsive powergamer (because then Morrowind will physically destroy your soul), can handle clunky mechanics and don't really care much about emotionally engaging NPCs.

Liking to make your own spells helps too.

Dude, i play arcanum 1.0 with no fixes. I eat clunky mechanics.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I remember back when HoNtards used to complain about LoL not having built-in voice chat. I count it as a great blessing I don't have to listen to strangers bitch and whine in real time.

If only there was a way that takes no effort whatsoever to mute people. Weird how nobody has come up with such a solution.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I had to give up and uninstall Episodes from Liberty City, just couldn't get it to run decently at all. Shame, it seemed like good fun.

My rather old rig handles it fine. The trick is to keep the draw distances low. Yes it's annoying to see things pop in but the higher settings just destroy framerates.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
That was an excellent game. Two of my friends used to compete to get the maximum possible score.
I could never remember how to get through the alien level :oops:

I was very good at it and now that I fired it up again I find it pretty damn difficult. Not to mention I had completely forgotten how to transform into a razorball or use the additional weapons mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom